So I just completed my last chemotherapy session... Update on page 8

Congrats man!!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SAlNlDllvllAlNl

I saw the wall of text and....

I read it all and I applaud you my man!!! I had a friend pass early this year because of lymphoma at the age of 33. I wish you the best and from all this I know you know the value of life. So, LIVE IT!

-SAlNlDllvllAlNl-
Sorry about your friend man
frown.gif
 . But yeah, I definitely cherish everything more now and am thankful for the little things as cliche as that sounds. Thanks for reading my man.
Why did you initially have to get an x-ray? 

I was coughing since about December '10. I thought it was nothing. I went to my primary physician twice from December to March. Both times she said oh it's just asthma. I got inhalers and pills. It didn't help at all. Finally, I told her "can you just order me an x-ray?" This was a week or so after my birthday (May 30). Good thing I was proactive or else she would've insisted it was asthma SMH 
mad.gif

ThorrocksJs:  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

This just made me feel a lot better about my day and I don't even know you. CONGRATS. Congrats to you, your family, your friends and everyone who went through this with you as well.

Most importantly though, give yourself a pat on the back. You went through something that most of us will never have to experience and you came out on the other end a stronger person because of it. I can't tell you how much people like you are an inspiration for others around the world that are going through some suffering whether it be minor or major.

Celebrate and enjoy life, but I'm sure I don't even have to tell you that.

Couldn't be happier for you fam.

good stuff OP
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

why didn't your parents tell you straight up what it might have been? Just wondering, no negative sentiments, only curiosity...

OP Congrats man....Glad to see you made it and are in positive spirits

Lost my mom a little over a year ago to stomach cancer. So i know the battle that you had to endure.

^I'm not quite sure. I think it was just that they didn't wanna startle me and didn't wanna make me panic until they saw me in person. Even then, my dad was unsure because the x-ray just said I had an "irregularity" on my right lung. He just said to be cautious and prayerful and hope for the best. I guess since they weren't sure what it was, they didn't want to jump to conclusions. I hope that answered your question.

Originally Posted by jhobson5

OP Congrats man....Glad to see you made it and are in positive spirits

Lost my mom a little over a year ago to stomach cancer. So i know the battle that you had to endure.
Thanks man. R.I.P. to your mom. I feel very fortunate to be here and have this type of treatment available to me. I had an 18 year old cousin that died from bone cancer when she was 18 (6 years ag0) and my brother's wife's little brother (I guess my brother in law also) die from bone cancer as well when he was 19 just 2-3 years ago.. It's tough getting good treatment in the Philippines. 
frown.gif

Congratulations!!! I'm very happy for you.

I work at a cancer center and honestly work can get a little depressing sometimes. But stories like yours never get old and are a great pick me up.

You should check out www.stupidcancer.com and maybe even join their forums and share you're story. Who knows? It might help someone out that is in the same boat you were in six months ago.
I'm not affiliated with them at all, but its an idea.

Back
Top Bottom