So I've Been Thinking... Vol Mature NTers Welcome.

This past year has been pretty eventful for me in an odd way. Finishing up Junior year in High School I had the "my life is just beginning"mentality- I got a good SAT score, my grades were on point, and I was finally nearing that step towards college and becoming successful in the future. At thatpoint I was convinced I was just starting the new part of my life- Im only 17 after all. But after a couple occurrences over the past couple months, thatentire mentality has shifted. In a certain sense, I no longer understand where I stand nor where I'm heading. I was talking to a friend of mine recentlyand realized how relative the term "youth" is. At this point in my life, you could say I am young- as I had thought just months ago. But by saying Iam young, I am assuming I will live for a long time. For example a 17 year old who will live to 70 is "young", but if I pass tomorrow, I'm old.Its all relative. I've always looked forward to the future as a means of motivation for getting through rough times- the thought that in 10 years I wouldbe a practicing doctor, have a family, and be happy. But with that not guaranteed, its really unnerving. Certain occurences in the past six months havecompletely changed my outlook on life- I met people I would never have guessed I'd meet, and things I never expect happened to me. Its almost like a dream.So here I am, hoping for a better future from where I stand now, but at the same time I'm reminding myself that that future isnt guaranteed, and its awaste of today to dream of tomorrow.

Anyone else understand what I mean?

my dude, you smokin that same good +%## the other dude whos been thinkin is?

but i feel you. im kinda at the same point in my life. im a senior and applying to college. feels like the end of an "era" and the start of a new

Originally Posted by IcyyyESR Two3

but i feel you. im kinda at the same point in my life. im a senior and applying to college. feels like the end of an "era" and the start of a new
Haha nope, never touched weed or alcohol. Completely sober thinking lol.

im a senior...keep your head on straight, follow your heart, and know god has a path for you

College is the best time of your life.

I'm loving every minute of it.

...but if you wanna be a doctor, I suggest lookin' into PA school (its what I hope to do)

I understand what your saying but imo you just gotta live life. "Nothing is ever promised tommorow today", "life's too short", are allgood mentalities and motivations to live by but I think you should just enjoy life and hope you live a good long life. Just try not to stress too much is mybest advice.

Originally Posted by RUTHE1

I understand what your saying but imo you just gotta live life. "Nothing is ever promised tommorow today", "life's too short", are all good mentalities and motivations to live by but I think you should just enjoy life and hope you live a good long life. Just try not to stress too much is my best advice.

College is the best time of your life.

I'm loving every minute of it.

Q. F. T.
pimp.gif

depending on the school of course..

I kinda felt the same way at this time last year. I'm a freshman at the University of Illinois and I remember thinking damn, we have to make a lot of bigdecisions these next few months as to where you're going to school and pretty much what you want to do the rest of your life, but it all cleared upeventually and I got my stuff together.

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

Originally Posted by IcyyyESR Two3

Haha nope, never touched weed or alcohol. Completely sober thinking lol.

keep it like that. i dont either. not good for the body.

It's good that you are waking up in terms of your realization of perceptual relativity to your environment. I went through the same thing at 17 when Igraduated hs and I thought the rest of my life was gonna be smooth sailing into college, career, crib then chillin. YOUR search for meaning and understandingis what is going to lead you on the path to knowing and experiencing truth, peace and understanding. YOU are only wasting YOUR days when YOU limit YOURdreams...

This past year has been pretty eventful for me in an odd way. Finishing up Junior year in High School I had the "my life is just beginning" mentality- I got a good SAT score, my grades were on point, and I was finally nearing that step towards college and becoming successful in the future. At that point I was convinced I was just starting the new part of my life- Im only 17 after all. But after a couple occurrences over the past couple months, that entire mentality has shifted. In a certain sense, I no longer understand where I stand nor where I'm heading. I was talking to a friend of mine recently and realized how relative the term "youth" is. At this point in my life, you could say I am young- as I had thought just months ago. But by saying I am young, I am assuming I will live for a long time. For example a 17 year old who will live to 70 is "young", but if I pass tomorrow, I'm old. Its all relative. I've always looked forward to the future as a means of motivation for getting through rough times- the thought that in 10 years I would be a practicing doctor, have a family, and be happy. But with that not guaranteed, its really unnerving. Certain occurences in the past six months have completely changed my outlook on life- I met people I would never have guessed I'd meet, and things I never expect happened to me. Its almost like a dream. So here I am, hoping for a better future from where I stand now, but at the same time I'm reminding myself that that future isnt guaranteed, and its a waste of today to dream of tomorrow.

Not true. If you die tomorrow, you'd still be young. You would only have lived 17 years, and that's young whether you live to be 17 or 70.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

This past year has been pretty eventful for me in an odd way. Finishing up Junior year in High School I had the "my life is just beginning" mentality- I got a good SAT score, my grades were on point, and I was finally nearing that step towards college and becoming successful in the future. At that point I was convinced I was just starting the new part of my life- Im only 17 after all. But after a couple occurrences over the past couple months, that entire mentality has shifted. In a certain sense, I no longer understand where I stand nor where I'm heading. I was talking to a friend of mine recently and realized how relative the term "youth" is. At this point in my life, you could say I am young- as I had thought just months ago. But by saying I am young, I am assuming I will live for a long time. For example a 17 year old who will live to 70 is "young", but if I pass tomorrow, I'm old. Its all relative. I've always looked forward to the future as a means of motivation for getting through rough times- the thought that in 10 years I would be a practicing doctor, have a family, and be happy. But with that not guaranteed, its really unnerving. Certain occurences in the past six months have completely changed my outlook on life- I met people I would never have guessed I'd meet, and things I never expect happened to me. Its almost like a dream. So here I am, hoping for a better future from where I stand now, but at the same time I'm reminding myself that that future isnt guaranteed, and its a waste of today to dream of tomorrow.

Not true. If you die tomorrow, you'd still be young. You would only have lived 17 years, and that's young whether you live to be 17 or 70.
I mean in terms of my life, not compared to others. "Young" connotes you have a long way to go and you'll live for a while- whichisnt always true.

Whenever I go to sleep, I'm grateful to had waken up afterwards.....all the time. The life expectancy for young black men isn't as high as everyoneelse's.

I mean in terms of my life, not compared to others. "Young" connotes you have a long way to go and you'll live for a while- which isnt always true.
It's how long you've lived. You a baby who dies two weeks after birth is considered old? No.

I mean in terms of my life, not compared to others. "Young" connotes you have a long way to go and you'll live for a while- which isnt always true.
It's how long you've lived. You a baby who dies two weeks after birth is considered old? No.

You dont understand what Im saying. I agree with your point, but its not what Im trying to say. If I will live to be 18, and im seventeen RIGHT NOW, then interms of my life, im old, simply because I have a year left to live and I have already lived 17. My point was that its all relative.

nice ... so where does the balance come from? you have to decide whether you want to live for the future or live in the present ... i have takenthe approach that *$!@ happens for a reason and while i will try my hardest to make sure i set myself up for the future, i am not necessarily living for myfuture ...

in other words, graduating college and finding a job that pays well is something that not only enables me to live my life in the present, but also "justin case i make it there," sets me up for my future ... but if i die tomorrow, i will have lived my life more in the now ...

You dont understand what Im saying. I agree with your point, but its not what Im trying to say. If I will live to be 18, and im seventeen RIGHT NOW, then in terms of my life, im old, simply because I have a year left to live and I have already lived 17. My point was that its all relative.
Well that's saying you're expected to live to only be 18 but you're not. Humans are expected to live much longer thus making you youngif you die at 17.

You dont understand what Im saying. I agree with your point, but its not what Im trying to say. If I will live to be 18, and im seventeen RIGHT NOW, then in terms of my life, im old, simply because I have a year left to live and I have already lived 17. My point was that its all relative.

I get what you are saying. I think about it like geometry. i think of life like a line segment on an infinite line. How old you feel depends on where youlooking from on the line segment.

No, you'd just be someone who died young then. Dude your thinking way too much about this.

Back
Top Bottom