SPLICE WAS HORRIBLE.

Originally Posted by CrAzYFLiPxNyC

72% on Rotten Tomatoes though
eek.gif
that was why i went to see it. damn what a let down. it doesn't matter how accurate the theories were or that there are some deep issues to ponder surrounding genetic research. MOVIE WAS GARBAGE. it works better as a comedy and i doubt that was the intention of the people who made the movie. 

one of the most disturbing movies i have ever watched in my life. i really just wanted to leave. but maned up and watched the whole thing

Originally Posted by bkzkurse

Originally Posted by Julian Wright

Originally Posted by bittersweet

Cliffnotes.

Spoiler [+]
Sothis lady & her bf were scientists, he wanted to have a child, she didn't want to yet.
They were working on a project, they deterred from it and they created thishuman/creature hybrid.
The guy wanted to kill it because it wasunstable.  It wasn't right to him.
Shedidn't want to - she used her DNA for the project.
They raised it, thething had erratic behavior, just random things.
Later on, he "saw" his gf in the creature, found out she used her DNA.
He had sex with her (the creature), it's wings and tail all came out during this sex scene.
Then, thecreature was dying, they buried it.
It came back alive, turned into amale version, killed the bf & raped the girl scientist.
At the end, she's pregnant with a creature baby, and signed a contract to not let anyone else know about it.
The end.

How dumb is this?
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
sick.gif
 Horrible
Ain't no way this how it happened 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Can I get another clarification????

Originally Posted by Stuntman Mike

Originally Posted by CrAzYFLiPxNyC

72% on Rotten Tomatoes though
eek.gif
that was why i went to see it. damn what a let down. it doesn't matter how accurate the theories were or that there are some deep issues to ponder surrounding genetic research. MOVIE WAS GARBAGE. it works better as a comedy and i doubt that was the intention of the people who made the movie. 
Exactly ... we know what was going on.

It was just disturbing and dumb ... it dragged throughout the WHOLE movie. The last 5 minutes MADE the movie.

And also, he didn't create the creature necessarily ... she did.

We know the consequences, but the movie had NO point. She kept the baby at the end.
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

They did that for a sequel ... which I do NOT see happening.

Cliffnotes.

Spoiler [+]
Sothis lady & her bf were scientists, he wanted to have a child, she didn't want to yet.
They were working on a project, they deterred from it and they created thishuman/creature hybrid.
He had sex with her (the creature), it's wings and tail all came out during this sex scene.
It came back alive, turned into amale version, killed the bf & raped the girl scientist.
At the end, she's pregnant with a creature baby, and signed a contract to not let anyone else know about it.
The end.

How dumb is this?
laugh.gif

alien.gif
sick.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

I think it was good, Guillermo Del Toro overseeing the effects, f it, even I found that creature to be sexy at times.
splice3.jpg

You're sick. What the hell is wrong with you?

Originally Posted by cryptikman

Humans have been observed to change sex during puberty as well. The typical case being female to male, just like the movie. The disorders are 5-alpha-reductase deficiency (5alpha-RD-2) and 17-beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase deficiency. 
Que? Please elaborate.

so apparently you have to be a biochemist to actually like this movie.
again I think this is one of the worse movies I have ever seen

Cliffnotes.

Spoiler [+]
The end.

How dumb is this?
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
sick.gif
 Horrible

Moral of the story is none of that mess would have happened if that girl had listened to dude
grin.gif

Cliffnotes.

Spoiler [+]
The end.

How dumb is this?
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
sick.gif
 Horrible
thanx just saved me a good 2 hrs
happy.gif

Originally Posted by So Authentic

Cliffnotes.

Spoiler [+]
The end.

How dumb is this?
laugh.gif

alien.gif
sick.gif
roll.gif

WOW 
roll.gif
 bravo on the cliffnotes.. imagine the writers summing this up when they were selling this to the prod companies?! 
roll.gif

Originally Posted by omgitswes

so apparently you have to be a biochemist to actually like this movie.
again I think this is one of the worse movies I have ever seen
No you don't ...
laugh.gif

I just watched it yesterday and thought it was really good. Def more psychological then people give it credit for. Makes you think if it happened to you (the weird mutant baby thing not banging it) what would u do. I liked it sorry NT

Indeed. The movie was supposed to make you think. Make you look at what is happening in the world now and what could possibly happen. Of the sci-fi movies I have seen, this one could happen, despite how ridiculous it seems. I think what the movie is kind of hinting at is that we should fear the creators of the creature more than the creature itself. The creature was engineered, its functions were preprogrammed, and its actions were the result of people playing "God."

::

To me, it's not even about a getting good or bad impression of the movie overall from reading the spoiler

The stuff just sounds GROSS

::

Back
Top Bottom