Standby, Hibernate or Shut Off?

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Stand by. Always.

Side question: Am I the only one who's computer with sometimes turn back on after I tell it to go into stand by?
This happened to me too. It didn't really affect anything as far as I know, but it still bothered me; hence why I use hibernate now

Originally Posted by JPioneer

Uptime is probably somewhere near 500 hours... Sleeping with your PC on
pimp.gif
windows XP-type "systeminfo" without quotes in the command prompt look for system up time

windows 7 - go to task manager and click the perfomance tab...up the "system" column see "uptime"

my computer been on continuously for 8days, 9hours, 0minutes,

Lol, I thought I was the only one who never shuts down my computer. I put it to sleep whenever I'm not using it.

Stand by. Always.

Side question: Am I the only one who's computer with sometimes turn back on after I tell it to go into stand by?
This happens to me as well. I close it which is suppose to go to sleep but then it restarts and is on again. Makes me
mad.gif
!!!

for all the cats who are experiencing their computers coming back on after hibernate/stand-by, are you using vista? i heard it was a problem with vista andthat it jump starts your HD again, hence why it turns on thinking YOU turned it on.

google it, there's a way to fix it. can't remember off the top of my head though.

laugh.gif
For some reason I treat my computer the way I want it to treat me. I be keeping it mad clean. Trying to go the correct routes to shut down or sleep etc.
smh.gif
Hoping this will enhance and help the comp run better.
indifferent.gif

windows key U U.

Shutdown

Everytime I'm not planning on using it for an hour or more.

Save ze bills, save ze components, save ze world. Start-up time is pretty quick, I don't have many useless programs running on startup.

I basically let it decides what it wants to do. Because I tell it to stand and in the middle of the night its turns back on itself.

Stand by. Always.

Do you have a Dell XPS? Because mine does that every time I put it on standby. Turns on for like a minute and then turns back off.

my desktop was never turned off this past semester. because of this reason im switchin to a laptop lol

Originally Posted by Grimey

How can out find out how long your pc been on
Run > cmd > type "systeminfo" without the quotes

Me = 10 days 1 hour
frown.gif

I never turn off my PC

What is the most cost efficient way to handle this? Turn it off and unplug it?

Back
Top Bottom