Target Apologizes after naming Plus Sized Dress "Manatee Grey" Vol. Fat Chick Problems

I swear....either you're a master troll or a complete mental ******.

The color name is funny but definitely offensive and uncalled for.

The term "NT thick" gets me every time.
we live in a crazy world when the truth can be liberating, helpful, insightful, and that same truth can be denied and seen as detrimental, close mindedness, and offensive.

Like someone else said why is ok to call ppl slim, built, muscular, etc...and not fat... I know someone will say because society views/depicts fat in a negative light.....but guess what IT IS NEGATIVE. Whats next....its offensive to call chronic drug users addicts? Cant call call child molestors...chesters... Cant call murderers killers.

Call it bullying or tough love, but fat people need to be made fun of, being fat is a lifestyle choice, it's not forced upon you, you chose to live that way, deal with the consequences, idc idc idc idc.

View media item 352777

this lady who clearly was once much smaller suffers from Acromegaly. But obviously people only get fat and what not cause they can't stop eating cause all fat people are weak scum.

douche.

this lady who clearly was once much smaller suffers from Acromegaly. But obviously people only get fat and what not cause they can't stop eating cause all fat people are weak scum.

douche.
that can be said about anything...not all ppl who kill are evil or bad ppl, not all ppl who steal, steal solely out of just wanting to steal... every rapist, child molestor isnt derange and some do suffer some sort of mental disability which led them to do what they did. There are exceptions with any and everything in life.

Is every person who has been overweight, currently overweight in the history of mankind been lazy, cant control what they eat etc... NO of course not. But to take such a minuit and small sample size and say oh well no one should ever be called overweight etc... because there is a very very small margin of ppl who have a disease etc.. in which they cannot help but be fat is just as foolish.

This is like the fat version of nt saying race card

i didnt say nobody can be called fat. i'm not an idiot.

i just hate the people in these threads who always just matter of factly say its the person fault.

had you seen this woman on the street you'd just assume she has no self control and is weak.

all im trying to do is tell people to ******g think before they open their mouths.

if the person is fat ok. but do you NEED to make fun of them for it not knowing a damn thing about their situation in life? the answer is no, unless you're a douche.

I swear....either you're a master troll or a complete mental ******.

The color name is funny but definitely offensive and uncalled for.

The term "NT thick" gets me every time.
we live in a crazy world when the truth can be liberating, helpful, insightful, and that same truth can be denied and seen as detrimental, close mindedness, and offensive.

Like someone else said why is ok to call ppl slim, built, muscular, etc...and not fat... I know someone will say because society views/depicts fat in a negative light.....but guess what IT IS NEGATIVE. Whats next....its offensive to call chronic drug users addicts? Cant call call child molestors...chesters... Cant call murderers killers.

I didn't say it was offensive to call fat people fat.

But it is offensive to make up a different color name for the same color item just because of the consumers weight.

I just dont like this whole telling people not be offended thing. Who the hell are you to tell someone how to feel?

"People are too sensitive nowadays"

I strongly dislike that statement.

Last edited:
fat people get ZERO sympathy from me...even when one of my favorite rappers big pun died i was more mad at him cuz he was such a talent

and he squandered it away being fat and unhealthy.

This is pretty messed up but an old gf of mine had a friend who got engaged but...

Her fiancé made her sign a weight contract and if she went over that weight he would get the ring back until she met weight again, he literally had weekly weigh ins on the contract

It was so f'ed up but I still lol about it, I wonder if they are still together this is like 6-7 yrs ago

You guys do understand there are numerous health conditions that cause people to gain excessive weight or make them unable to shed the pounds. A friend of mine in high school worked out for hours a day and I believe he developed an eating disorder as well because he was so intent on loosing weight. Years later he found out he had a disease that make it physically impossible to drop the lbs without treatment.

I understand most fat people choose to be fat. However, it's unfair to generalize and say all fat people are lazy loosers.

I'm not fat btw >D

Edit: But I did chuckle at "manatee grey" :lol: Gotta keep a sense of humor about these things

Last edited:
i didnt say nobody can be called fat. i'm not an idiot.

i just hate the people in these threads who always just matter of factly say its the person fault.

had you seen this woman on the street you'd just assume she has no self control and is weak.

all im trying to do is tell people to ******g think before they open their mouths.

if the person is fat ok. but do you NEED to make fun of them for it not knowing a damn thing about their situation in life? the answer is no, unless you're a douche.
true it is presumptious....but the same thing can be said again on other subject matters...example look at the thread about the woman whose baby got shot in the face.... it is possible that if ole boy did do it, he could have had a mental disorder that prompted him to do so. Is it worng to assume things sure. But when you take into account just averages and more the likely, especially when it comes to fat ppl/overweight etc... its and overwhelmingly chance they are just fat because they choose to be. If you took iuno lets say 100 overweight ppl randomly...lets be honest how many would have some sort of disease/disorder that renders them unable to loose weight? Im pretty sure it would be well over half...probably over 80%.

I could see if it was known she had some sort of issues and cats was like i dont care she still fat and she should lose weight. I could see (although they would be telling the truth in saying she is fat) that as coming across insensitive and rude. But be foreal the average/most ppl that would complain about this would be fat, lazy, uninspired ppl who choose to be fat. I know this and i know you know this as well.

^ oh ok, since 80 percent ( by your stats) are lazy, lets go ahead and generalize the entire overweight population

Actually only about 6% of obese people can blame genetics. Less can blame glandular disorders.

^ oh ok, since 80 percent ( by your stats) are lazy, lets go ahead and generalize the entire overweight population
considering there is about 120 million americans that are overweight and roughly 80,000 is a result of some sort of disease/genetics etc..... um its safe to say majority of the time someone is fat by choice. you speaking as if genetics/disease obesity is even close to being rare. let alone common. Its almost chance of hitting the lottery numbers. so if anything generalization as you put it is a understatement.

this dude i went to school with his moms got stuck getting off the public bus between the doors.

she ended up suing and she got money out of it.

for mental anguish and all types of nonsense.
mean.gif

Things like that are absurd...along with people trying to sue McDonalds for "Making them fat"...if engineers had to design everything to accomodate the largest avg person then businesses would be done, and tech. would be outrageously expensive. Imagine if an airplane had to be totally designed to accomodate "larger" people...the fuel costs would be out of this world not to mention it would increase the safety factor to the point of the plane not even getting off the ground. You shouldn't be able to sue for crap like getting stuck in bus doors :stoneface:

Now the name was funny to me at first but, it IS offensive to give the XXL a different name especially calling it Manatee grey...even though manatees are that color :lol:, could've just kept it at heather grey for the bigger size, I'm sure the people buying that size are shamed in some capacity every day for it no need to rehash it imo

View media item 352777

douche.

Lettuce be cereal.

A big majority of the obese population is obese by choice, enough to justify any type of generalization....i don't really give a damb about what you have to say.

Before Jimmies get Rustled, I'm not talking a couple of pounds overweight, I'm not expecting everyone to be an Olympian or a track runner, I'm speaking on those that have to indeed wear sizes XXXXXXXXL because they are over 100lbs + overweight, I'm not gonna feel sorry for them

Gosh there's a lot fat haters in here. She's not even that big and that the point, why is Target naming clothing offensively when she's not really that fat

Lettuce be cereal.

A big majority of the obese population is obese by choice, enough to justify any type of generalization....i don't really give a damb about what you have to say.

Bruh people in here acting like most fat people just end up fat for no reason lmao. I'm willing to bet at least 80% of fat (obese) people are that way because they have horrible diets and don't exercise.

And yes I have fat family members and it's embarrassing to be out with them on the low. Why are you 100 pounds overweight meanwhile everybody else is normal sized? Because you don't have self control that's why.

I'm still waiting on the name of the sickness that forces people to eat mcribs against their will..... :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom