..:: TEAM AIR FORCE 1 ::.. Official Thread... Vol. 5

Originally Posted by denverairforce

m tr4nch - interesting, and good to know. I guess I didn't mean to imply that I didn't think af1 midsoles should be painted, I just meant there are other ways of whitening them by getting them back to their natural state (whitening gel, and sand paper - which i've had success with even on the textured midsole of the af1). but it would make sense that paint would work ok because that texture probably holds it on there pretty well.

Topclassbubblah - the only other advice I have is if you use acetone, not only will it mess up the leather if you get any on it and let it sit for more than a couple seconds, it will also take the paint off the "air" and the line on the midsole, so be careful. and I guess I'm still confused; did you buy a pair of courirs that somebody else tried painting and it doesn't look good? or did you try painting them and they didn't come out good?
I bought a pair the someone painted but i just happen to apppreciate a little yellow on midsoles more than most [to me it gives an old shoe character] so i tried scraping off the paint but when i got to around the middle of the shoe the paint went from light and flaky to really tough and smooth so i think its there to stay. Since the acetone is going to mess up the leather im about to just buy some white acrylic paint and retouch where i scraped off [which didnt look bad once i was wearing them but im anal so i wasnt feeling the upclose view]. Not worth messing up my leather just for the midsole because i have a habit of messing up entire shoe trying to fix one little flaw...

m tr4nch- thanks for the words of advice. the rubbing alcohol that i tried worked for the weak flakey parts but not the part that seems to have a superman grip on my midsole.

Originally Posted by Stuntman Mike

Originally Posted by houstonsnk

^^have you seen the women high tops? They look nice quality too.
can you post a pic? the shop here isn't really ordering any women's shoes cause they don't sell well. 
i'm eyeing up 2 pairs in japan right now but the US dollar is so weak 
frown.gif
395755_002-thumb-480x360-962-thumb-480x360-963-thumb-480x360-965.jpg

They say leather is like workboots. They retail $112

Picked up the work boots yesterday with my employee discount.  $132.10 
smokin.gif

These are amazing in person.

I have no AF1s lol and i don't really know anything about them I hate to admit it but those Work Boots are amazing!
How much do they run I looked around online and couldn't really find any?

^I must get those this week.
pimp.gif

Not sure which laces I like better. Those or the other ones. Thyee both look good tho.

Originally Posted by p5jay2

do the workboots run really bigger than other hi's? are they also wider?

I don't know about wider, but they do run a little big. I know some people have been getting a half size up.....and they will stretch a little bit

Originally Posted by gettinit247

these from '01 or '02?
I believe they are late 00 and early 01. I think the later 01 Wht/Wht didn't have the Swoosh on top of the toe box lace area.

Originally Posted by 2Guard

Originally Posted by MyOnes

only af1s i own now are these and my purple highs
pimp.gif

11cec6u.jpg

whats the going rate on these...
size 11 or 12?
I'm late but I'm pretty sure these were a women's release...a vandal high was released for men's in a very similar colorway.

Originally Posted by rap and sneakz

I'm very happy with these
happy.gif

2gxftp5.jpg

Wow i been odeein on these all week sayin how ugly they are but this pic makes me feel like a johnson head. These are
pimp.gif
, pulled off wit the right fit, they just might work!

very nice oli. i'm still kinda salty about paying $175 + $15 shipping but i figure i'd be more upset trying find them later on. 

Those workboots are the best AF1 since the bobbitos IMO.

Ive been wearing the heck out of these since I got them recently.
70yqvo.jpg

Originally Posted by MaZA4eVeR14

I think those are 01s cuz they didn't have cotton sock liners in 02.

k thats what i was thinking, thanks. also the upper has very nice tumbled leather too
pimp.gif
  can never go wrong with all whites

Fellas,

Any owners in here of the recent Clark Kent black/orange/blue Hi's?

How's the sizing? Regular/true, tight, or do they run big? My normal size isn't available but I can grab the next .5 up for a decent price, wondering if its worth it.

Back
Top Bottom