The ATM just stole $800 from me...

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

Originally Posted by USA Pride4Life

I didn't even know you could deposit cash into your account via ATM.
I had no idea also
i'm pretty sure you can't...or at least you definitely aren't supposed to...and clearly there is a reason for that
You guys new to using a bank? This isn't nothing new or groundbreaking..

Anyway, the error will be fixed. When they do their early morning count, they'll find your money. And just in case anyone is wondering, No, the employeecan't pocket the money for themselves.

Originally Posted by Futuristic

Originally Posted by BlackSheep08

The same thing happened to me, I put $60 in the ATM and an error message came up. I went back the next day and spoke to one of the bank representatives and they fixed it. What bank do you have?

Chase

I have Sovereign but I just went to the bank the next morning, the lady said that there was a record of me depositing money and that I'd have to wait likea week for the amount to be confirmed. It was a waste of time really.

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

I had no idea also
i'm pretty sure you can't...or at least you definitely aren't supposed to...and clearly there is a reason for that

Anyway, the error will be fixed. When they do their early morning count, they'll find your money. And just in case anyone is wondering, No, the employee can't pocket the money for themselves.
wachovia specifically states that cash cannot be deposited in their ATMs
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

I had no idea also

Anyway, the error will be fixed. When they do their early morning count, they'll find your money. And just in case anyone is wondering, No, the employee can't pocket the money for themselves.
wachovia specifically states that cash cannot be deposited in their ATMs
indifferent.gif
That's your branch, which we aren't talking about clearly. Obviously if you know your branch doesn't do this, it doesn't concernyou. No one said all banks do this.

I had no idea also
you guys serious? how old are you?

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

I had no idea also

Im dead serious. And I'm 21 years of age. %$%@+ are you serious?

im 25 and know better than to deposit ANY amount of cash via ATM. i've been with the same bank for 10 years and have never once deposited cash via ATM. infact when i deposit checks at the ATM it tells me that cash cannot be deposited using the machine. what was your point again?

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

I had no idea also

Im dead serious. And I'm 21 years of age. %$%@+ are you serious?

yeah i'm serious
laugh.gif
my boy has BOA and can deposit cash and i'vegot Chase and all you do is place it in a withdrawal envelope and as long as it's not over $100 you will get your funds immediately...well that'schanged because Chase !%@$*$% sucks...so probably next day

It wud have killed you to wait the next day to deposit the cash when the tellers are open?
smh.gif

laugh.gif

Its always funny how people look at me when i tell them i deposit cash into my account through my banks atm...

Originally Posted by Futuristic

I just went to an ATM to make a cash deposit, since the banks were closed all day. I put $800 in, and the ATM just said there was an error and didn't give me the cash back or credit it to my account. Has this ever happened to anyone or does anyone know the likelihood of me getting the money back? And yes, this is a cool story.

THIS IS EXACTLY WHY I GIVE THE TELLERS THE STINK EYE WHEN THEY TELL ME "YOU KNOW YOU COULD JUST DEPOSIT THAT INTO THE ATM"

did you mess up and use an envelope? cause bank america you just put cash straight in so it can read it. but if you chose the cash option and then used anenvelop it might have gotten jacked up cause it wasnt scanning nothing... idkt

I had no idea also

son, why would they build a slot for depositing money AND have an on screen option to do so if you arent suppose to? this is america and its just anotherexample of people wanting to be lazy and do less work.

using the ATM is much more convenient than the bank. there are days where i'm not trying to sit in a slow 20 man line to deposit a couple hundred.. walk upto an atm, slide it in the !+%% and viola.
pimp.gif

i can't front though, every time i deposit via atm i get paranoid thinking the money isn't going to clear. my father's old fashioned and refuses touse deposit money that way.

Just call your bank tomorrow or something. It'll be fine. $800 isn't so much that they won't believe you. They've got ways to check that crapanyways. I'm sure the ATM has logs that they can pull to double check what you say.

I had no idea also
lol Wrong. You can put cash into those envelopes and deposit it into the ATM. You are absolutely able to do that.

I've done something similar - they obviously count the money in the machine and check what has been deposited. You need to call them and tell them whathappened. When they reconcile it it will obviously have $800 cash and they will fix the error.

Mine was $2000 - not through an ATM but a night payin thing - and it was a cheque so I wasn't too worried. They said they couldn't read the account onthe slip so they just put it in a holding account until someone calls and claims it - I'd love to see what money is in that holding account.

Originally Posted by kdawg

I've done something similar - they obviously count the money in the machine and check what has been deposited. You need to call them and tell them what happened. When they reconcile it it will obviously have $800 cash and they will fix the error.

Mine was $2000 - not through an ATM but a night payin thing - and it was a cheque so I wasn't too worried. They said they couldn't read the account on the slip so they just put it in a holding account until someone calls and claims it - I'd love to see what money is in that holding account.

Exactly. i was waiting for atleast 1 smart person to say thus..geez

Accounting. They can tell once they do the accounting that they have $800 extra dollars, plus there is cameras on the atm

Only thing they have to do is count how much was in there and compare it to what is actually there.

If you deposited that amount, they will be OVER $800...which verifies your story

Easy fix if you ask me....plus, all atms have cameras, so they can see what you did.

Yeah BOA Isnt the Best Bank but..

I Love the Fact of being able to deposit Checks and Cash through the ATM
- Just Driving Through the Drive Up ATM or even Going to the Inside ATM and going to Deposit My Hard earned Cash is way better than waiting to do that $*@..

Back
Top Bottom