The NBA Draft Thread

You guys act like Golden State would be significantly worse with PG... LOL.

65 WIN team easily barring injuries.

I'm just speaking hypotheticals out of boredom tho. We just chipped. We really don't have to do anything except sign our free agents.

You guys act like Golden State would be significantly worse with PG... LOL.

65 WIN team easily barring injuries.

I'm just speaking hypotheticals out of boredom tho. We just chipped. We really don't have to do anything except sign our free agents.
I didn't say significantly, but Klay is a way better fit for the team.  He's a better defender than PG has been the last couple years.  Way better shooter, better attitude, fits better in his role in the offense.

Obviously the Warriors would still be great with Paul George, come on now.

That's fair, but they just moved out of the position to get a star again.  And while they're a conference finals team, we all know they were a paper tiger in that series and were miles away from competing with Cleveland or contending for a championship.

Let's say they draft Jackson and he ends up being just a fine player.  At what point does it become a concern?

Then again they could go the complete opposite way and try to get Hayward and Butler and start cashing in those assets.  Which would be interesting, but not good enough IMO.
Who is to say that the player they draft won't end up being a star though? And then the other pick they acquired could be a star as well. What if Fultz doesn't become one? Who knows.

Regarding Butler & George, I think there is a chance that they could be acquired without even giving up the top level draft picks (#3 and BKN 2018). I'm extremely confident that Hayward gets signed this summer even if they don't get Butler or George, but that would just be icing on the cake. Ainge is trying to build the most competitive team that he can for the short term, without giving up assets that could help them continue the success for the next 10 years.

The Los Angeles Lakers appear to be nearing a decision on who they'll pick with the No. 2 selection in this week's draft.

After mulling the decision over the past 48 hours, the Lakers have moved "closer and closer" to choosing former UCLA standout Lonzo Ball with the second overall pick, sources told ESPN's Chad Ford.

Who is to say that the player they draft won't end up being a star though? And then the other pick they acquired could be a star as well. What if Fultz doesn't become one? Who knows.

I'm not saying that.  The jury is still out on the success of Ainge's plan, is all I'm saying. 

Have tons of hours on film of the guy looking impressive in actual basketball games.

Pass on him because of one unimpressive workout.

They probably weren't sold on him before that.

He has legit concerns. It looks nice but sometimes if you're living off a steady diet of contested midrange jumper and acrobatic contested layups, it doesn't work as well against bigger NBA athletes. His nonchalant attitude is another knock. I had the same worries about Kyrie though. Some guys are so good it doesn't matter.

Sure. Them not being sold goes more to the overarching point of there being an evaluation error.

23/6/6 on 47/41 splits as a true 18 year old freshman, not one of those dudes who stayed in HS an extra year or two.

Good height, solid wingspan, capable of scoring from anywhere on the court. Solid tools defensively. There isn't really much that he's incapable of doing. And again, this is at 18 years old.

I mean, no prospect is flawless, but come on.

Last edited:
Being completely unbiased I'd say it's more likely that ainge looks like an idiot for trading down than a genius. It already looks like the laker pick won't convert and whatever pick they get from the kings is probably not going to be a good enough player that it makes up the difference between fultz and whoever gets taken at #3. If the intent was to trade for Butler etc then I think there are a few teams that could compete with a package of #3 and filler. Also, **** boston

Aite I give you that but Danny damn sure isn't the best GM in all of sports. Like let's be serious here.
Yeah original poster was being sarcastic too though 
laugh.gif

I think Danny gets wayyy more credit from the NBA media than he deserves so far.  Not that he's been bad he just hasn't proven himslf yet imo.

Yeah original poster was being sarcastic too though :lol:

I think Danny gets wayyy more credit from the NBA media than he deserves so far.  Not that he's been bad he just hasn't proven himslf yet imo.

If he does turn these assets into Jimmy Buckets and Hayward, then he can justify his "genius" label. It's def TBD as of right now.

Back
Top Bottom