The Official NBA Thread: PLAYOFFS

Hottest team in the East they say. Too bad GS predictably came up lame w/o Chef last night otherwise 5th woulda been NYK’s seat this morning.

RJ hasn’t even gotten out of his struggles & yet he’s still finding ways to score. And lead. It is who he is.

Now he’s learning how to do it in a winning fashion. My son is actually shooting 60 sum% in the paint which is a wonder to see.

Uncharacteristic, for this szn, last night as he missed 5 FTs. Missed a 30 spot cuz of it like his 50 piece vs Miami.

More clutch moments ahead as well for the young bucket. Still better Jimmy Butler, of the aforementioned Heat, ahead.

Will he be as good a defender as Jimmy? Maybe not but the kid ain’t no slouch by any means. His offensive output for his career tho will be vastly better than Jimmy Buckets’ so I’m cool with the trade off there.

Would love to have him paired next to a taller wing so he can play the strong 2 guard but Grimes is too nice for this roster to keep on the bench. Grimes, the better defender can switch if necessary, but still has his physical limitations as well.

And while he has been in the league for 3+ szns now, RJ was born in between Grimes & Deuce in the same year. That’s the timeline I’m on as far as development goes and when I figure to throw in the towel on this group of young talent.

7/10 in the rotation were drafted by the Knicks and the average age is 23 with Mitch the elder statesmen at 25 in April.

This ain’t no Frank Nilikina bull**** love affair that had no rhyme or reason. There’s real evidence of an impact ball player there. He’s not just a tall ninja that plays basketball.
6-0
7-3 in last 10

Knicks have been turning it up and RJ has been really good over the past few games.

Folks are also sleeping on the other New York basketball team. A very lowkey 18-12 now with the 7th best record in the league (8-2 in the last 10 as well). As entertaining as the chaos was, I am glad to see they bounced back

Let’s talk about the raptors now. What’s the plan? What’s wrong this season? Is Nick nurse really a good coach? Why are they struggling?
Siakam missed a significant number of games.

FVV been *** besides the last 2 games. Player option next year.

Trent Jr. has regressed offensively offensively and defensively.

Scottie sophomore slumping putting up Ben Simmons lines.

Our only real Center is a rookie.

Probably should have slid Yuta a min contract. Drafted Malachi Flynn who been trash.

Nick Nurse just managed minutes,terribly at that. He’s low key Thibs with glasses. Not an Xs and Os coach, Nate the fired Pacers coach draws the plays.

No path to a title with the team as constructed, should probably rebuild instead of investing more money into our core. Significant trades in the least.

OG been decent.

Where do YOU see Warriors going from here? Instead of trying to distract and segue to another topic.

Siakam missed a significant number of games.

FVV been *** besides the last 2 games. Player option next year.

Trent Jr. has regressed offensively offensively and defensively.

Scottie sophomore slumping putting up Ben Simmons lines.

Our only real Center is a rookie.

Probably should have slid Yuta a min contract. Drafted Malachi Flynn who been trash.

Nick Nurse just managed minutes,terribly at that. He’s low key Thibs with glasses. Not an Xs and Os coach, Nate the fired Pacers coach draws the plays.

No path to a title with the team as constructed, should probably rebuild instead of investing more money into our core. Significant trades in the least.

OG been decent.

Where do YOU see Warriors going from here? Instead of trying to distract and segue to another topic.

This is a quality post. Thanks

Warriors might be cooked depending on how long Steph is out. They had problems before he got hurt and he’s having an all time great season. Draymond punch hurt a lot. Don’t see them winning again this year. They have no bench. Poole took a step back

This is a quality post. Thanks

Warriors might be cooked depending on how long Steph is out. They had problems before he got hurt and he’s having an all time great season. Draymond punch hurt a lot. Don’t see them winning again this year. They have no bench. Poole took a step back

But even long term it is an uphill battle. If Draymond picks up his player option they’ll be in the $200MM+ payroll next season but regardless moving forward they have a bit over $100MM annually tied up in Steph/Poole/Wiggins for a few years later then Klay and Dray would probably be at least $20MM each on new deals so filling out t the rest of the roster with impact players would be a challenge.

Knicks have been turning it up and RJ has been really good over the past few games.

Folks are also sleeping on the other New York basketball team. A very lowkey 18-12 now with the 7th best record in the league (8-2 in the last 10 as well). As entertaining as the chaos was, I am glad to see they bounced back
**** the Nets.

Nobody cares about them & esp. when/if the Knicks are good.

For my degenerates. You can get the Wizards at +7 at the moment. PG may be out. 1PM start for the clippers. I don’t think we’re gonna win by 7+, if at all.

For my degenerates. You can get the Wizards at +7 at the moment. PG may be out. 1PM start for the clippers. I don’t think we’re gonna win by 7+, if at all.
Good call. Big Zu already ruled out, that might actually be a good thing tho since Porzingis is a shooting guard :lol: RoCo or whoever might give him more trouble

I have kept an eye on every single 1PM tip for y’all since that Mavs thanksgiving debacle

Ros shirt cam

81861382-297E-4CEA-8ECB-DD37A95C7724.png

But even long term it is an uphill battle. If Draymond picks up his player option they’ll be in the $200MM+ payroll next season but regardless moving forward they have a bit over $100MM annually tied up in Steph/Poole/Wiggins for a few years later then Klay and Dray would probably be at least $20MM each on new deals so filling out t the rest of the roster with impact players would be a challenge.

as much as i don’t want to admit it, if they keep playing the way they’ve been playing this year, i’m not confident that the warriors FO will give klay and dray those $20 million+ contracts extensions. i’ve seen baseball teams give out those loyalty contracts to washed players who were “homegrown” but not so much in the nba. dubs might have to accept breaking up the core three in order to extend kuminga and/or moody, especially if they’re embracing the youth movement

Dray on the Knicks bench is the goon they need. He’s the crazy missing piece to a well balanced team. Don’t need the “don’t **** with” one also being one of the main scorers as well.

I’m down for a str8 up Dubious & Dray swap today.

Eastern conference is no joke. Every game will matter. Whole lotta traffic around the .500 mark.

top 5 east will get tighter, but it's interesting how many "good" teams have similar wins/losses this season and are stuck in the friend zone between 6-11 (esp the west).

Tuning in to see if they flipped the music to Mexican nba theme song lol

Back
Top Bottom