The Official NBA Thread: PLAYOFFS

durant-and-lebron.jpg

IdioticHarmlessAmazondolphin-max-1mb.gif

Embiid:

ezgif-4-7f51dfd0f4.gif

Choosing violence with 2 weeks left of the season :lol:

You have to resign Kyrie. You're not getting a better talent in FA.

Use the picks to offload salaries. Get actual wing/front court players that arent a net negative.

Gotta hope with more games together Luka and Kyrie can figure it out.

this is who embiid is

been this way and he aint changing because someone dont like it :rofl:

he spittin btw

I wouldn’t say there’s more pressure on Embiid than Joker but there’s def pressure on him.

Embiid saying theres no pressure but he's cleary gunning for this award.

I like new winners, and he would deserve it, but this rhetoric aint it

He’s saying why is there MOAR pressure singled towards him compared to others. He knows the spotlight is on him. He just saying beam that **** elsewhere too

He definitely poured gas on then chucked a molotov on the debate :lol:

It's really only defensive win shares which gives credit to every player on the court when one guy makes a stop. It's also based on wins so teams with similar records have similar DWS. Most every other basic and advanced stat shows Jokic isn't good defensively

It’s calling a spade a spade. Keep that same energy and don’t change the narrative

Do I agree with Jo doing this now? No. But is he wrong? Absolutely not
You can’t have it both ways, though. All of the dudes who win the MVP as of late without the playoffs “success” or chips are getting criticized. Trying to get out ahead of your second round loss in the press is nasty nasty work. It’s a regular season award.

Maybe because he wants that MVP? Joker has had his MVPs and pressure is on him to get his team to do something this season. Joel been in the MVP convo for years (hasn’t gotten it), supposed transcendent talent, and team has underachieved with little playoff success as well.

You can’t have it both ways, though. All of the dudes who win the MVP as of late without the playoffs “success” or chips are getting criticized. Trying to get out ahead of your second round loss in the press is nasty nasty work. It’s a regular season award.
I’m with you. I don’t agree with it coming out now. He just ain’t wrong tho

If he wins tonight we’ll see what happens

If anything, Embiid is putting more pressure on himself to win MVP by running his mouth like this.

He was already on his way to winning in large part because the “No-Jokic” campaigns from other people had been working. Now he’s giving a reason for people to scrutinize things further.

Joel cutting a promo before the match up tonight. he is trying to draw attention to this gm. it's a later start for the east coast, so he audience has to stay up for this random monday game. interesting to see if he can create heat with the denver crowd and turn this into a high playoff type atmosphere

generational big. Leading scorer. Playoff blunders. Foul grifting ain’t worked for him yet.

MVPs or not, he can pretend like his seat ain’t hot

EYE am not saying his seat isn't hot. It's just odd how his is warmer than other more accomplished generational bigs.

Back
Top Bottom