The Official NBA Thread: PLAYOFFS

AS game approaching levels of Pro Bowl. They should just cancel it atp, players don’t care anymore. I’m not sure they have a reason to care.
Agree, at this point they need to change the format entirely, saturday is the highlight now.

3 on 3 competition with the pool of players, game of 21? 2 on 2 comp? Anything beats this nonsense, maybe make it after the season and just keep the bye week?

Last edited:
No cap, outside of dame going legendary shooter mode....the highlight of the night was Babyface remixing the national anthem and it slappin.

I didn’t watch the game but 200 points is crazy.

make it decide which conference gets home court for the finals and watch the madness and competition levels pick right back up

I didn’t watch the game but 200 points is crazy.

make it decide which conference gets home court for the finals and watch the madness and competition levels pick right back up
Works in MLB because its essentially the midway point of the season, in the NBA the playoffs are essentially slated already, theres like 25 games left

Taylor rooks bleaching. I was disgusted. She had the most beautiful melanins. Shorty a redbone now. But corpse color. Self hate is weird.

All-star games in general are just glorified exhibition games. You don't need to add a stipulation to it.

They've outlived their usefulness because just every all-star player is on national TV now.

Sounds extreme, but with the LED floor debuting last night, it's possible.

You fix the all star game by eliminating the 3 point line and only making it available in the 2nd and 4th quarters with 5 minutes left. Watch how the game changes.

It has always a hyper version of the regular game of basketball, but it has to be said: the game hasn't been truly fun basketball to watch the last 8 years. The game is TOO spaced out because everyone is shooting 3's & then the lane is wide open because of it; which leads to uncontested dunks and layups. But mainly it's a 3 point shooting contest now. If you take away the 3 for majority of the game, you'll see real ball be played.

8gax9v.jpg

In the Adam Silver era, the NBA has:
  • Added sponsor logos to team uniforms
  • Digitally imposed advertisements on courts
  • Changed the rules to allow sovereign wealth funds to purchase minority ownership of teams
  • Partnered with crypto companies to sell NFTs
  • Renamed the NBA D-League to the “G-League” in honor of Gatorade
  • Partnered with sports books, despite past gambling scandals involving NBA referees, to the point where “money line” stats appear pregame, gambling-themed shows air on NBATV, and daily fantasy sports ads often appear during free-throws

… and he’s upset that players are making a business decision during an exhibition instead of prioritizing the “purity of the game.”

It's an odd take that you are blaming Adam silver for making business decisions when he's literally the commissioner of the league. Also all of these business decisions literally make players more money. They should be happy that their legs commissioner is lining their pockets with the additional revenue from these partnerships and opportunities.

I guess you could blame Adam silver for doing his job as commissioner to well because the players are paid so much money that they don't want to get hurt.

The only time we ever see decent NBA All-Star games is when it's a close game in a fourth quarter. Even that classic 2003 All-Star game was only good because it was close in the final minutes of the game. The 2020 All-Star game was awesome for the same reason.

Not sure how the NBA could do it but they need to manufacture a way for the games to be closer so players will play harder.

The NFL pro Bowl is in the exact same situation. The pro Bowl in Hawaii and the surrounding festivities used to be cool. The throwing competitions, the bench press, NFL's fastest man.

Now players are doing everything to avoid injury and I can't blame them. You would look like a complete fool tearing a pec benching when you don't need to or tearing a muscle in your legs during a meaningless race.

The difference between The situation that NBA and NFL are in is that the NFL doesn't need the pro Bowl at all. The NFL is already getting record ratings throughout the regular season of playoffs. The NBA on the other hand needs the All-Star game as a showcase

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom