The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

EB8058F6-6B56-4656-81D6-193B144E21CC.jpeg

Wide lenses are just so fun. This is with a 16-35mm f/4.

These pics are so good in here. I entered this thread and feel overwhelmed after just reading this page alone :lol: but nonetheless, I'm asking NT for some help in an area that I'm practically a beginner in. Friends have been pushing me to get into YouTube vlogging and I personally am into music so I need a camera that I can use to make some good quality videos for that as well. Which also means, I would need something that can pick up sound pretty well (but from a general search past few days; I think I just have to get a mic).

Lastly, I also need the camera to be able to take some solid pics for weekend events and while on vacation-something better than an iPhone. My girl wanted a gopro but upon a few quick searches, it seems like thats not really for me (though I love how durable they are) especially since the pics have that weird circular look to them that I don't really need. Since I'm a newb in this department, I'm not looking to break bank and go over say 450.. any recommendations and help in english :lol: would be super helpful. Thanks in advance y'all!

Sorry for the essay.. just trying to get it all in one post :lol:

Can't help you with the vlog part since I don't do video. For photos I would recommend a canon t6 or t7. Those are good starter cameras and usually come in a bundle with lenses. You could go sony mirrorless since that's the wave now but they're pricy. Costco usually has bundles or amazon. I would buy a used one to save a few extra dollars but that's just me.

Can't help you with the vlog part since I don't do video. For photos I would recommend a canon t6 or t7. Those are good starter cameras and usually come in a bundle with lenses. You could go sony mirrorless since that's the wave now but they're pricy. Costco usually has bundles or amazon. I would buy a used one to save a few extra dollars but that's just me.

Thanks.. will add this to the list of things to consider and research. I appreciate the feedback! Another thing I forgot to add is I am looking for something that works well in low lighting like outside at night or in my apartment that has crap light unless its 12pm and the shades are drawn lol.

Any photographers from Tampa? Looking to move there in the near future and I want to pick your brain. DM me if you can. Thanks

sony mirrorless would be a good choice as quality hybrid cameras...definitely will probably have to burn more than $450 tho, especially with native sony lenses and/or to get to higher quality options like 4k & more flexible color profiles. there is also high end point & shoot cameras like the canon gx7, the panasonic lx100, (or tz200) sony rx100, but the limiting factor for (relatively clean) video is the sensor size & speed of the lens (with iso performance also important), things that can be helped with good lighting; if the lighting is good enough a smartphone or any camera can be more than sufficient (and there some setups that rig lights & mic mounts for vlogging w/phones)

Broke the mount on my 18-140mm yesterday so now I'm left with my 50mm f1.8 which is of course a great lens but I will miss the range. Idk if I'm gonna try to fix it again, it's a cheap and "simple" fix but idk if I really want to do that although financially it's the best option

Hey wasp,

Anybody in here have the Nikon Z6? I currently have a D750 was thinking is it worth the upgrade at the current price?

Hey wasp,

Anybody in here have the Nikon Z6? I currently have a D750 was thinking is it worth the upgrade at the current price?

Isn't Z6 focus all messed up? I mean it is the wave of the future but I think Nikon will nail it when they do another version of the Z6.

Whats a cool camera bag that isn't too old people ish?

Incase sling or pro bag is what I use. Peak Design is the hype right now though, even for non-photographers.

And whats a great site to print pics?

Try MPix. I did a few runs and they seem legit to me. I still go to my local printer though.

Some today.

510+1.jpg

510+2.jpg

Last edited:
Isn't Z6 focus all messed up? I mean it is the wave of the future but I think Nikon will nail it when they do another version of the Z6.

I haven't heard anything about this, but then again a lot of the coverage I see is about the Z7.
So far Nikon's focusing is doing great it's just not Sony consistent yet. Their also rumored to have 3 coming later this year, 2 crop sensor and 1 dual slot professional option

If you do the design yourself and can produce a print ready pdf then you can get much better options than vistaprint - you’ll get more for the money and better quality. I use a company called cheap leaflets and they do really good business cards and other stationery. Don’t know any in the US but they must exist.

I haven't heard anything about this, but then again a lot of the coverage I see is about the Z7.
So far Nikon's focusing is doing great it's just not Sony consistent yet. Their also rumored to have 3 coming later this year, 2 crop sensor and 1 dual slot professional option
Actually you are right. The Nikon Z6 focus from what I read isn't that bad at all.

Back
Top Bottom