The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

I was looking into taking some family portraits after my deployment. I wanted to do "live" shoots or in the moment or whatever it's called when people I guess follow you around outside and just snap pictures of you and the family. I looked online at some of the pricing and realized I'm not paying that much for pictures. That lead me to looking into purchasing a camera of my own and learning how to do shoots. I'm not looking to get into anything professional just something that I can use for personal pictures and eventually get them printed so the wife can put them on the wall.

Any suggestions on something for beginners?

2 options:

Find a beginner photographer who will do it for cheap
or
Ask a friend/family member to take pics with their phone

2 options:

Find a beginner photographer who will do it for cheap
or
Ask a friend/family member to take pics with their phone
Bruh I ain't hanging iPhone quality pictures in my house :lol:
I want to invest in my own camera :lol:

You sayin' that like iPhone cameras or any flagship phone don't get busy
I will ALWAYS tell a person to use they camera phone before buying any camera. The quality of cameras these days you can really get the same quality pics with a camera phone.

I will ALWAYS tell a person to use they camera phone before buying any camera. The quality of cameras these days you can really get the same quality pics with a camera phone.
Maybe I'm just underestimating my iPhone. Low key thought you was tryna be funny. My bad man :lol:

Maybe I'm just underestimating my iPhone. Low key thought you was tryna be funny. My bad man :lol:

It's cool.
IG is full of people who know how to use they camera phones and get some great lookin' photos. There's no "need" to buy a $300+ camera when you can get similar quality photos with the phone that's in ya pocket

Of course there are some benefits to getting a full on camera but I'd still vote use ya phone first unless you really want to make taking photos a hobby

20190711_222938.jpg

What up fellas, anyone know where I can find a similar rig? Specifically the vertical part holding the lights and the horizontal bar.

Good looking out. Copping today. I know this is the photography thread but has NT ever had a videography thread? The search function sucks.

This thread covers that as well whenever it comes up, there's a couple of guys in here that do video and drones and all that

I was looking into taking some family portraits after my deployment. I wanted to do "live" shoots or in the moment or whatever it's called when people I guess follow you around outside and just snap pictures of you and the family. I looked online at some of the pricing and realized I'm not paying that much for pictures. That lead me to looking into purchasing a camera of my own and learning how to do shoots. I'm not looking to get into anything professional just something that I can use for personal pictures and eventually get them printed so the wife can put them on the wall.

Any suggestions on something for beginners?

SMH

You don't want to pay someone for their talents and skills but ain't trying to hand subpar pictures.

If you think is that easy, but a camera and take pictures ... always kills me with people see my pictures and ask what camera are you using.

Some pictures were taken using a xSI and kit lens .... so I tell them and they come out, so why mines aren't coming out like that? I have a 5DIV with 85 1.4L ... lol ... cause you suck *****.

SMH

You don't want to pay someone for their talents and skills but ain't trying to hand subpar pictures.

If you think is that easy, but a camera and take pictures ... always kills me with people see my pictures and ask what camera are you using.

Some pictures were taken using a xSI and kit lens .... so I tell them and they come out, so why mines aren't coming out like that? I have a 5DIV with 85 1.4L ... lol ... cause you suck *****.
Ok.

I don't want to pay $700 for pictures. Hence why initially I was asking about buying a camera. I'd rather invest in a camera and "learn" to take pictures than pay someone that much money.

Ok.

I don't want to pay $700 for pictures. Hence why initially I was asking about buying a camera. I'd rather invest in a camera and "learn" to take pictures than pay someone that much money.
Just cause you buy a camera and take picture doesn't mean you're going to take great pictures .

Some people (eg you) think that just because you spend several hundred in a computers you're going to take spectacular pictures. Does not work like that. Can you learn and take good picture, absolutely, can you spend that money and never able to take great picture, absolutely.

$700 for picture, what did it include? Examples?

Just cause you buy a camera and take picture doesn't mean you're going to take great pictures .

Some people (eg you) think that just because you spend several hundred in a computers you're going to take spectacular pictures. Does not work like that. Can you learn and take good picture, absolutely, can you spend that money and never able to take great picture, absolutely.

$700 for picture, what did it include? Examples?
Bruh I ain't in here trying to downplay the skill set that's required to take quality pictures. My point was I'd rather invest and learn than to pay somebody else all that money. It's not that I have an issue with paying for quality but for the type of money I'd personally rather invest in purchasing my own and betting on myself to learn. I buy camera and I can take pictures whenever I want for how ever long. It's not a guarantee, I know that but I'd take that chance. Not to mention, my wife and I were looking for an additional hobby.

I might have been exaggerating when I said $700 but there were definitely some "packages" that started at a minimum of $500. I can't find the site but it was people in the Tampa area that were going to meet you at the beach and take pictures for about an hour or two.

Bruh I ain't in here trying to downplay the skill set that's required to take quality pictures. My point was I'd rather invest and learn than to pay somebody else all that money. It's not that I have an issue with paying for quality but for the type of money I'd personally rather invest in purchasing my own and betting on myself to learn. I buy camera and I can take pictures whenever I want for how ever long. It's not a guarantee, I know that but I'd take that chance. Not to mention, my wife and I were looking for an additional hobby.

I might have been exaggerating when I said $700 but there were definitely some "packages" that started at a minimum of $500. I can't find the site but it was people in the Tampa area that were going to meet you at the beach and take pictures for about an hour or two.
$500 is not a bad price for a dude to go set up a beach shoot and give you multiple pictures.

You want a camera, it all depends on your budget.

Nikon Dxxxx - Canon Txi

Start there and if you like it upgrade.

Other people might differ in opinions.

This thread covers that as well whenever it comes up, there's a couple of guys in here that do video and drones and all that

Cool, didn’t want to start randomly posting in here. Approached a gym owner about making videos for him. Really have no idea what I’m doing. Learning as I go. Let me know what you guys think. Really wanna hear critiques.

This aint true. :lol:

If you think an iPhone X Max vs a Canon 5D is similar quality idk what to tell you.

Iphone can take great pics, but theres a clear difference between a DSLR flick and an phone flick. Not even close.

You misunderstand what I meant by "same quality" or maybe I didn't describe what I meant with enough details
No it's not the same quality as a DSLR but you can achieve similar results with a smartphone.

You misunderstand what I meant by "same quality" or maybe I didn't describe what I meant with enough details
No it's not the same quality as a DSLR but you can achieve similar results with a smartphone.

You can get real Mexican food or get Taco Bell.

To say you can substitute an iphone for a shot/situation a dslr would be used for, like a wedding or even a street style shoot, is crazy to say though. :lol:

That being said iPhone pics are fine, good quality, but I woudnt use it for an actual shoot. Imagine getting hired to do a wedding and shooting with an iPhone, or even a basic streetstyle shoot with a blogger and using an iPhone and guarantee youd never get another gig. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom