The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Jukeboxprint.com gets a good name - looks like the place I use with good guidance on proper printing. Based in Canada I think but they ship everywhere.

Looking to get a Canon t6 or t7 soon. Anyone online sites for used cameras? Not sure how much I trust ebay

I can't find anything online about it so I ask, is there any reason why eye AF isn't a DSLR feature?

IMG_20190606_214215_561.jpg

Bringing my 7D to Montreal for the Canada Grand Prix this weekend, hope I can get some good shots.

I can't find anything online about it so I ask, is there any reason why eye AF isn't a DSLR feature?

i believe it's because dslrs have their most of af 'brain' on the mirror (which is why dslrs tend not to track focus well for video) and doesn't work in the way it does for mirrorless where the af is directly on the sensor

Can't remember if I posted these of my lil cousin. Took them a few weeks ago. Getting better with using a flash, but still struggling with consistency in remembering what settings to change for the necessary effect. I know how to do it just gotta slow down when I'm shooting.

Another thing I'm have to keep in mind is as the "professional" I gotta remember that it's okay to tell a client to wait or that we need to take that same pose again if I didn't get things right. Too many times I miss focus on a shoot and don't wanna go back to try again to avoid looking like I don't know what I'm doing
RJmntgmryplza-3.jpg
RJmntgmryplza-15.jpg
RJmntgmryplza-30.jpg
RJmntgmryplza-39.jpg
RJmntgmryplza-48.jpg
RJmntgmryplza-55.jpg
RJmntgmryplza-61.jpg

I do street style photography and eh you need a lot of work with the framing. Those angles are not flattering to the subject, and the lighting is off on a lot of them. That 3rd shot is the best one.

DM is open if you wanna chat. All constructive criticism here.

I do street style photography and eh you need a lot of work with the framing. Those angles are not flattering to the subject, and the lighting is off on a lot of them. That 3rd shot is the best one.

Share more in the thread. I’m interested.. and this thread dies too fast during the week anyway

'preciate it. I've struggled with framing/composition for the longest. For some reason I totally blanked on how to adjust my lights and my settings and would get caught up just clicking away. I'll be working with him every now and again to sharpen things up

I'm open to all criticism and help, even in front of others.

I'm still working on my website, and I'm testing background images and wanted to ask: How do you guys feel about using stock photos as an accent to a photography website?

To be clear I'm not using the stock photo as an example of my work but using it so I don't have a plain solid color background

^ as long as it’s very subtle. You don’t want the background to distract you from the photo. White, black, or grey solids would be the only thing I’d do though, if I was making a website.

I'm still working on my website, and I'm testing background images and wanted to ask: How do you guys feel about using stock photos as an accent to a photography website?

To be clear I'm not using the stock photo as an example of my work but using it so I don't have a plain solid color background

Yeah I’d keep it a simple matte color. A huge image as a background to other images sounds cluttered.

https://davidsonm.myportfolio.com/ This is mine. I’d appreciate some feedback and constructive criticism.

Site looks good

I'm thinking after looking at my images that I might get rid of everything on my site and have a welcome page that links to a page with a Video/Slideshow of my best <10 images and BTS shots during shoots and a link to my booking page. I think going that route will make things much simpler and attractive

'preciate it. I've struggled with framing/composition for the longest. For some reason I totally blanked on how to adjust my lights and my settings and would get caught up just clicking away. I'll be working with him every now and again to sharpen things up

I'm open to all criticism and help, even in front of others.

Watch this to get started on framing and composition:

I saw that the 35 1.4 Sigma ART got a huge price drop. It’s now $650, and I’m debating on pulling the trigger.

Anyone who shoots with Sony Alpha cameras have any feedback? I’ve read that AF isn’t as good.

What do yall think of using fake bokeh? I honestly prefer my 16-35 f4for everything I shoot (know its landscape but use it mostly for street/fashion) more than my 35mm. It cant bokeh for **** on full body shots but does a surprisingly decent job for half body shots or product shots assuming the space with the background etc. Been using til shift on Enlight to add bokeh to areas that I want on full body shots. Its actually not bad and looks believable, just have to be mindful on what would actually bokeh if I were to use a lens with shallower DOF.

What do yall think of using fake bokeh? I honestly prefer my 16-35 f4for everything I shoot (know its landscape but use it mostly for street/fashion) more than my 35mm. It cant bokeh for **** on full body shots but does a surprisingly decent job for half body shots or product shots assuming the space with the background etc. Been using til shift on Enlight to add bokeh to areas that I want on full body shots. Its actually not bad and looks believable, just have to be mindful on what would actually bokeh if I were to use a lens with shallower DOF.

With wide angle lenses, the closer the subject the better the bokeh but the closer the subject....the more fall off it can have on the subject depending on the f-stop you are using. Honestly shooting at f/4 is perfect for bokeh on a wide angle shot cause bokeh just happens as you are close anyways. I have a 24mm f/1.4 and never shoot at that open of an aperture cause the only thing I'd get focus is a nose or something. That is where bokeh for long lenses are just better and and can get more of an all body shot.

As far as fake bokeh, I've seen it on some photos where. it looks fine. You just have to make it believable and tasteful. Don't bokeh on photo where the person looking at your photo knows that a lens could never do that. But honestly, what do I know and that is just an opinion.

Another long lease SF shot during sundown when the fog was there.

Berkeley+Hills+3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom