The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Tokes - here's a pretty extreme crop.

I think like you said because I upload directly to NT there could be some compression taking place that is making the images look a tag bid soft when peeping.

The lips could also be perceived as sharper in some of the images because the lipstick was done and dried out to have a very high texture. Even on location it looked like someone took a brush and did +100 clarity on her lips :lol:

still it appears as though the focus is not on the eyes, you are right the texture of the lips is misleading but still they do seem more in focus than the eyes; the focus seems to have hit on the nose?

Anyone use the Rokinon 35 1.4? I'm thinking about grabbing it over the Sigma and Canon f/1.4s. That price is just way too good to pass up. It being completely manual isn't my ideal choice but the price point is just too good. Can grab a Rokinon 14 2.8 and 35 1.4 for pretty much the same price as the Canon/Sigma 35 1.4.

i have a few rokinon/samyang lenses, they can be pretty stunningly high quality, IF you get a good copy - that 14mm is especially known to have issues - and one is ok with manual focusing. build quality is generally good though the distance markings & infinity focus are usually frustratingly inaccurate...even if you got an excellent copy if you aren't really about that #whoneedsautofocuslife (or if you are doing a lot of very specific type shooting like filmmaking, where manual focus is the norm & cine versions of their lenses can also be had for the low, or astrophotography), it's probably better to mess with the more established names, more features & better quality control...

Last edited:
Went to see my Nats do work on the Giants.  Didn't want to bring the DSLR along so all pics are from the iPhone and edited via VSCO.  First time going in with the pano feature; not bad.  More here.  Peace

moved to shanghai this week. hoping to meet new people and make friends and get to know the city a little better. the hawker stand is the michelin star awarded eatery in sg. and cool to finally see the huawei p9 with the leica dual camera.

28532553290_39b9d976eb_c.jpg
28128785233_c7c4b2e605_c.jpg
28740438101_9926c68a0f_c.jpg
28126497964_8c7c2308a3_c.jpg
28712215796_5545b015b8_c.jpg
28128774073_1a1bdea064_c.jpg

@PACTEZ  just peeped your post on your site man. great job. I like how you included all the details before and during the game. I'm moving up to DC in about a month or so. We should shoot!

thanks guys. ive moved around on my own a few times and sometimes it can be hard for me to find my footing socially and meet good people. thats why i've always appreciated NT as a community where i can always check in and know that there are other people that i can identify and connect with due to our similar interests and influences. preciate it

Last edited:
thanks guys. ive moved around on my own a few times and sometimes it can be hard for me to find my footing socially and meet good people. thats why i've always appreciated NT as a community where i can always check in and know that there are other people that i can identify and connect with due to our similar interests and influences. preciate it

The weather in those pictures looks too clear to be shanghai 8)

Congrats on the move! In for more images from there!

Great stuff from everyone else in here as well!

Times like these I wish I had a 70-200

Last edited:

The weather in those pictures looks too clear to be shanghai 8)

#hilarious, never been to shanghai but i always wonder just how serious the air quality talk is out there? i can't imagine it being as bad as some of the factory cites there...

had to move this summer too, packed all my tings into storage & rode my motorcycle from boston to chicago -(w/a long detour through the south), the plan is to eventually ride out to the west coast before the summer ends...hopefully. took a gang a pics along the way, broke the viewfinder on my main camera, my b camera malfunctioned in the D.C. heat, and was subsequently lost/demolished from a packed bag falling off my bike on the interstate in atlanta...i didn't bring a proper computer with me so i'm just getting through much of the images and vids, most of which are lackluster(!)...

a few from the trip, i definitely go in on the heavy edits so i like the idea of posting both the before & after processing to see what y'all think

into the sun by a0, on Flickr

starwars dc edition by a0, on Flickr

put some respect on my name by a0, on Flickr

manhattan sunset by a0, on Flickr

playing the forks by a0, on Flickr

Untitled by a0, on Flickr

#hilarious, never been to shanghai but i always wonder just how serious the air quality talk is out there? i can't imagine it being as bad as some of the factory cites there...

had to move this summer too, packed all my tings into storage & rode my motorcycle from boston to chicago -(w/a long detour through the south), the plan is to eventually ride out to the west coast before the summer ends...hopefully. took a gang a pics along the way, broke the viewfinder on my main camera, my b camera malfunctioned in the D.C. heat, and was subsequently lost/demolished from a packed bag falling off my bike on the interstate in atlanta...i didn't bring a proper computer with me so i'm just getting through much of the images and vids, most of which are lackluster(!)...

a few from the trip, i definitely go in on the heavy edits so i like the idea of posting both the before & after processing to see what y'all think

into the sun by a0, on Flickr

starwars dc edition by a0, on Flickr

put some respect on my name by a0, on Flickr

manhattan sunset by a0, on Flickr

playing the forks by a0, on Flickr

Untitled by a0, on Flickr

Wow these are great! Love the idea of riding a bike around the country maybe I'll do that one day. Keep them coming bro!

I hope everyone went out and took photos this weekend! :pimp:

Couple shoots this weekend

Aspiring local rapper who wanted some shots in our city w/ people blurred out in the background.. Was forced to shoot w/ direct sunlight.. oh well.. Made it work

Engagement session

Both shoots I challenged myself to shoot only 85mm unless I needed wider then I used the 24-70 2.8L II

2 photoshoots closer to a 5d mark III :lol: this saving process is :x

Last edited:
Hey guys!

Soooo I have my very first event photography gig lined up for Wed and I think I'm in over my head :lol:.

I don't normally shoot people but since I'm building full service consultancy, I need to get MY brand out there. What are some tips and tricks for a first timer?

I'll be using a D3200 indoors in a small space. I'll have my iPad on me using an EyeFi SD Card as well. Kit and 50 will be on me.

Thanks!

^^^^They just want party shots? Just get an external flash, a zoom lens for all ranges and just shoot some clear flash stuff. If you don't shoot without a flash, all your shots might be hit or miss cause you would use natural light. Normally a good camera with a good ISO will do but I am thinking that D3200 might be a little tough to get consistent shoes like that. So I would get a flash and just shoot normal club style photos.

Sort of whatever photos to post but here is my attempt on shooting photobooth style stuff. Grabbed an umbrella kit to use with my two flashes. Probably needed one more flash cause there were some shadows on the background but for the most part, it worked. FYI using fabric can be a total pain as a backdrop cause it never stays flat. I would recommend to use a large poster board type material cause it doesn't wrinkle.

steph-4.png
steph-5.png
steph-14.png

Came back from Florida (Miami to be exact) for the first time and photographed my first wedding there. Miami is party central but the weather was :x :lol: Here's one for now. Can't wait to share my photos from Miami.

On another note, came home to Sneaker Freaker Magazine issue 36. My photo of my 1988 Black Cement III's is on the front cover as well as an article spread. :nthat:

IG - @dunksrnice
Youtube - @dunksrnice

^^^^They just want party shots? Just get an external flash, a zoom lens for all ranges and just shoot some clear flash stuff. If you don't shoot without a flash, all your shots might be hit or miss cause you would use natural light. Normally a good camera with a good ISO will do but I am thinking that D3200 might be a little tough to get consistent shoes like that. So I would get a flash and just shoot normal club style photos.

Sort of whatever photos to post but here is my attempt on shooting photobooth style stuff. Grabbed an umbrella kit to use with my two flashes. Probably needed one more flash cause there were some shadows on the background but for the most part, it worked. FYI using fabric can be a total pain as a backdrop cause it never stays flat. I would recommend to use a large poster board type material cause it doesn't wrinkle.

steph-4.png
steph-5.png
steph-14.png

Thanks for the advice! Just bought a ext. flash now and should be here tomorrow.

Also, for any bay area photographer looking for work, contact me. I am starting a consultancy and one of my services would be photography so I want to build my "digital rolladex" with as many talented people as possible!

Just bought the Rokinon 14mm 2.8 stoked for it to come in.

Now I'm just trying to decide between copping the 35 1.4 and waiting a while to cop the 85 1.8 or just buy the 35 f2 and the 85 1.8 for under the price of the 35 1.4 and save for that.

Just bought the Rokinon 14mm 2.8 stoked for it to come in.

Now I'm just trying to decide between copping the 35 1.4 and waiting a while to cop the 85 1.8 or just buy the 35 f2 and the 85 1.8 for under the price of the 35 1.4 and save for that.

That 14mm is a beauty. I shot with it on my a7 yesterday I'll post the pic tomorrow. Debating if I should wait for the new 50mm AF or get the 85 1.4.

I'll be heading to my motherland Colombia in a week. Cartagena to be exact, I can't wait!

Back
Top Bottom