The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

mrz704.jpg

result of the festival of colors last weekend...

Just got into this photography thing. I really love it. Here are a few of my most recent shots. Let me know what you think, guys. Thanks.

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

real-loccs-6.jpg
Nice Fong.

I'm heading to the last game 4/13. What's their policy on bringing in DSLRs with lenses? I might have to bring the 17-40 due to length restrictions.

What they don't know won't hurt them. I didn't even bother bringing my zoom lens but I could have easily snuck it in under my hoody or something. Security only checks bags and not pockets. Just don't snap on the zoom lens for them to see it from the get go. Worst case scenerio, you'll have to check it in at the bag area outside the arena but you can also just try another enterance as well.

I shot this with a 35mm but it was zoomed and cropped:

real-loccs-8.jpg

Fong - Nice shots. Yeah I had to use my fisheye due to restrictions and what not. Thanks for the advise, now I know.

Damn Rolo, you put in work in shooting your photos. I can hardly update my dumb blog on a weekly basis. Good stuff though.

what would be the spec and pricepoint canon equivalent for Nikon D5100 Digital SLR.???? thanks guys.

i'm looking to upgrade from my canon xt. ive had it since 06 and im ready to expand my options and also shoot videos a my blog seems to be reaching a more multimedia approach.

thanks in advance. wonderworks.tumblr.com

Originally Posted by irpstakid

First time shooting someone skating.
Fongstarr, idk if you still frequent this thread but could you give some c/c?

I'm thinking about doing more of this.

5578429725_701d6c4684.jpg

5579015294_aba5605315.jpg

5579015332_1448e35fdf.jpg

5578429855_f223c4f695.jpg

Took a long hiatus from photography, but hopefully I get back into it.

My bad dude. I honestly didn't even see these pics. Looks good though. Nice and clear, I actually like the muted colors, good contrast as well as brightness. The only thing I suggest that I always say with skate photos is to capture more of the environment. Close up shots are never that great unless it is fisheye. Like with the first photo, nice pose and everything (actually the posing of the skater is a big thing) but dude's head is cut off and it just doesn't look right. So my advice is to go wide more. Get more fo the sidewalk and the body of the skater if you can.

If you want some inspiration, check out Skateboarder mag cause they have been on fire as of late. Every cover they put out is golden. Check out some of these:

SKTP-110500-CARR.jpg

wpid-oct-img-cov1.jpg

wpid-sept-img-cov-map1.jpg

wpid-SKTP-100800-COV-web1.jpg

wpid-SKTP-100600-COVweb-horiz1.jpg

http://www.skateboardermag.com/magazine/

Originally Posted by RufioRufioRufio

what would be the spec and pricepoint canon equivalent for Nikon D5100 Digital SLR.???? thanks guys.

i'm looking to upgrade from my canon xt. ive had it since 06 and im ready to expand my options and also shoot videos a my blog seems to be reaching a more multimedia approach.

thanks in advance. wonderworks.tumblr.com
I'm going to go ahead and say that the T3i is probably the closest competition for the D5100. 

Back
Top Bottom