The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

a few from london/paris/rome,

all eos m with 22mm F2 stm kit lens no post--cause i dont know how i justp oint and shoot :tongue:

Sick. I actually have my Canon M on my right now. Just got a case for it, so now I don't feel all paranoid carrying it with me. I honestly haven't done a whole lot of test shooting but day shots are solid where as night shots can get sort of grainy and unclear. They are still decent shots though but just compared my DSLR, you can see where that extra $1000 or so dollars kicks in. But the 22mm lens and the new firmware is just awesome and it actually creates some really nice bokeh for portraits or what not. For the price, it really is one of the better cameras out or at least better then a normal point and shoot. I just hate how you can't pocket the camera.

that the canon m isn't quite as good as it could be because they are concerned about protecting their dslr business, when I was looking at cameras that where in that class between DSLRs & point & shoots most reviewers thought the m was one of the most limited in terms of functionality of that bunch...of course there isn't a substitute for personal evaluation but on the specs it seemed like their were much better options at that pricepoint...

^^^^Perhaps but I still think it is a solid camera for $300. I still would rather have this over an ELPH series camera. The S110 perhaps is where you might want one or the other depending on if compactness is a factor but I know for a fact that it won't shoot good bokeh like the M does. I would never have bought this at the original retail price nor would I take this over a DSLR but for those times you just don't want to lug your DSLR around, this is perfect.

true, for $300 it is a bargain, I was looking at the newer mirror less joints at the time...they are plenty of great options, so many GREAT cameras are out on the market & they are updating them so fast that the discount and used market is flooded with product for the low...

I am sure if I played with other mirrorless cameras, I'd have a better feel on how the Canon M might be a horrible camera. I know action shots are pretty out the door unless you are in the sun. I did see a comparison with another mirrorless camera and the other one was lightening fast (I think Sony) but you are talking about a camera that is over a $1000.

CD cover for one of my recent family sessions. I'm thinking of switching over to a usb/print packaging. Anyone in here delivering usb instead of CDs?

Any good tripod recommendations? Not looking to spend too much, probably around $80 or so. Something small would be nice too, i don't want to lug something huge around when traveling. Thanks!

Any good tripod recommendations? Not looking to spend too much, probably around $80 or so. Something small would be nice too, i don't want to lug something huge around when traveling. Thanks!
I'm using a Sunpak joint from BestBuy... cost me about $70. It gets the job done, plus I don't have that Manfrotto money!
laugh.gif

A few recent ones.

Yes... he did clear the water if you're wondering.

I've shot the three nearest train overpasses near my city... this is in South Gate for any of you locals.

Back
Top Bottom