The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

I'm no good, but photoshop is...
ohwell.gif

CC is lovely. Thanks!

Originally Posted by NikeAirsNCrispyTees

Gotcha covered. NT uses [ IMG ] and [ /IMG ] instead of HTML, just remove the spaces. Solid shots. Great color on the first one! You did a good job getting proper exposure in the snow. 

Good lookin out!

Originally Posted by Killmatic07

Some really cool pics in here. But I got a question for yall

I'm looking into buying a camera in the 200-300 range. I'm not trying to get into photography and just jump into it but I need some to document concerts for my job. What's my best bet, should I get a point and shoot or is there cheap dslrs? I don't want horrible quality but I'm not looking to be a huge photographer. I'd really appreciate any advice.
What's your budget? The DSLRs that are cheaper would be older models with sensors that aren't very good in low light. Your best bet would probably be a Canon P&S such as a G10 or G11. Great point and shoot with a good sensor and also has manual capabilities in case you need them.

I frequent this post all the time, but never post, great stuff guys.

Took this picture down in New Orleans, LA, while down there for mardi gras last weekend, and thought it turned out really good:

Originally Posted by NikeAirsNCrispyTees

Originally Posted by Killmatic07

Some really cool pics in here. But I got a question for yall

I'm looking into buying a camera in the 200-300 range. I'm not trying to get into photography and just jump into it but I need some to document concerts for my job. What's my best bet, should I get a point and shoot or is there cheap dslrs? I don't want horrible quality but I'm not looking to be a huge photographer. I'd really appreciate any advice.
What's your budget? The DSLRs that are cheaper would be older models with sensors that aren't very good in low light. Your best bet would probably be a Canon P&S such as a G10 or G11. Great point and shoot with a good sensor and also has manual capabilities in case you need them.

Thanks, my budget is like 150-250.  I'll check them out.

Dope shots Fongstarr
pimp.gif

Sorry if this has been asked before, but what camera you using? And what lens what used in the first 2 photos? 
nerd.gif

I do a relatively simple post process but it can be pretty extensive. Like the one with the little Shaolin kid was super photoshopped with brushes, burn tool, blur tool, etc. I am being heavily influenced by 13 Witness at the moment and really like his harsh processing skills. Still don't like how half my photos come out and part of it has to do with me editing most of these on my G4 powerbook so whenever I see these on my iMac later, it just looks totally different.

But with those pics in particular, it kind of went like this:

- change to gray scale
- change back to RGB
- Adjust levels
- Adjust brightness/contrast
- Adjust color balance (I added a tad of yellow and a little red)
- Adjust selective color (make whites whiter and blacks even darker)

If you guys don't know where to look for these things, it's in the layers palette with that circle at the bottom:

layerpalette.gif

Hope that helps.

great photos guys.

how did you guys get started with photography? I work for a large DSLR company and have access to cams and lens for use and thought, why not take advantage?

I've been out taking a few pics but just wondered how you guys got into it heavy.

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

great photos guys.

how did you guys get started with photography? I work for a large DSLR company and have access to cams and lens for use and thought, why not take advantage?

I've been out taking a few pics but just wondered how you guys got into it heavy.

Most of us probably took a genuine interest in capturing images and, beyond that, getting that perfect exposure and composition, which eventually lead to purchasing a DSLR.

P.S. What company do you work for?
nerd.gif

Yeah....I only have 3 lenses. 35mm, 10.5mm Fish and the kit VR lens.

The only other lens I would get that is a Nikkon is the 14-24mm f/2.8G ED but it is way out of my budget. Also it just doesn't seem like a practical walk around lens.

D3S_4394-d300.jpg

I want to get the D90 when I have the funds. I got a D40 kit lens and 35mm lens and my friends compliment me on my shots.

Random and sorry, but 
laugh.gif
mjbetch and dream5hift and their avys next to each other.

I've been wanting a fisheye even before I had my camera. What are some sites I can look at with good pricing, besides the ones on the front page?

Originally Posted by YUNG FLiP iMAGE

Random and sorry, but 
laugh.gif
mjbetch and dream5hift and their avys next to each other.

I've been wanting a fisheye even before I had my camera. What are some sites I can look at with good pricing, besides the ones on the front page?

I know ha. The Nikon Nipple Brigade.

And about the fish, it will be inevitable that you will spend at least $500 on one regardless if it is for a Nikon or Canon. The best way I can think is to get it off Craigslist but even at that, it will be $500 plus. I got mine used off some guy for $550 (Original price is about $650) and I think that is about the cheapest you can get. You can also get a Tokina but the only thing is it isn't as quick as the other ones.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/468738-REG/Tokina_ATX107PRODXN_10_17mm_f_3_5_4_5_AT_X_107.html

Back
Top Bottom