The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I do prefer real time combat, but nothing wrong with turn based.

If anything, it's the random encounters that made the games tough.

There's a level of nostalgia attachded to turn based games for me. I don't mind them still but the story/characters really gotta hit. I feel like FF6 is the best entry point for turn based games, if not Earthbound or Chrono Trigger

You guys are really out there today :lol:

this pandemic needs to end
The pandemic is what made me realize this.

I said to myself what the hell were all of you raving about when they remade FFVII but I see they ditched that turn based gameplay for actual action.

Last edited:
Can’t even take anymore serious when they say they dislike turn based but says they play Pokémon :lol:
I don't play Pokemon.

I said I could only tolerate turn based gameplay with Pokemon or at least that's the last time I remember enjoying a game with turn based gameplay.

Not that there's anything wrong with playing Pokemon. I know you not about to pretend JRPGs are above that :lol:

Regardless it doesn't matter what game we're talking about turn based gameplay is garbage unless you're really in to card and boardgames.

Last edited:
Turn based games can be a lot of fun.

But JRPG story-telling is just not for me.

As for Final Fantasy, I enjoyed 15 up until I got to Chapter 13. Square Enix can go straight to hell for even coming up with that cluster****.

I can’t handle the frame rate in 7 so I’m going straight to 15. The 60 fps is really spoiling us

I originally posted some gifs in a spoiler until I found that video. Seemed like no one noticed, so I unspoilered it.

It's all early unpolished stuff not meant for the public, but it got me hyped.

What's with all this hate for FF. It hasn't been turn based for ages now. :lol:

Forgive me using the 2015 trailer for FFVII Remake.
It's the last trailer I saw before media blackout :lol:

I get the turn based hate but I always put it down to hardware limitations of old consoles.
That's why I look forward to every new FF cuz they're always been innovating the battle system for party based action RPG's.

That doesn't mean turn base doesn't have it's place. It's matured a whole lot more and and the really good ones require strategy that may not seem apparent on the surface.

It's like 2D fighting games. No one fights in real life in 2D but I prefer Street Fighter or Marvel to Tekken, Soul Calibur etc.

When it comes to RPG's though I'm more of a fan of action than turn based.

Funny enough the first time I booted a FF game was FF7 and I switched it off once I saw Cloud hop off the train with them blocky graphics :lol:
Wasn't till I started watching my cousins playthrough that I got hooked.

Made my mistake of not playing one since the gameboy and got FFX :smh:

Turn based rpgs :sick:

Also one thing I disliked is this joint got 20 sequels but most of the games are not connected story wise at all. Bummed me out. Every game is a new story, how is that a final fantasy?

Why would you want it to be connected :lol:
How's a newcomer to feel having to play 15 games to catchup.

It's bad enough with Yakuza

They do share similarties though such as creatures, summons. enemies and certain themes usually to do with crystals.

Same thing with Persona, SMT, Dragon Quest, Tales etc..

As for Final Fantasy, I enjoyed 15 up until I got to Chapter 13. Square Enix can go straight to hell for even coming up with that cluster****.

Wasn't that bad for me but knowing they changed it after I got the plat got me a bit heated :lol:
Felt like I played a beta

I can’t handle the frame rate in 7 so I’m going straight to 15. The 60 fps is really spoiling us

June 10th

PS5 version.

Last edited:
What's with all this hate for FF. It hasn't been turn based for ages now. :lol:

Forgive me using the 2015 trailer for FFVII Remake.
It's the last trailer I saw before media blackout :lol:

Well I clearly copped the wrong FF games :lol:

I've already moved on to Devil May Cry and sticking to other open world games :lol:
Why would you want it to be connected :lol:
How's a newcomer to feel having to play 15 games to catchup.

It's bad enough with Yakuza
Man **** them newcomers. Get in where you fit in.

I love me some deep lore to dive in to and explore.

And at the very least I'd like if everything occurred on the same world and it was all one long history. Don't gotta be the same main character(s).

Sorta like Fire Emblem but that's turn based too and that's why I don't play that.

Back
Top Bottom