Thoughts on the Johnathon Martin - Ritchie Incognito situation?

Again, what has Richie done since he's been in Miami?

He doesn't have a ton of personal foul penalties. Hasn't been getting arrested. He was voted some award in 2012 as the voice of the locker room by the media, went to that Harvard thing representing the NFL, does commercials locally for some nonsense (can't remember what)

Everything you're bringing up is from Nebraska, Buffalo and St Louis, when he was 20, 23, 24 years old.

So he can't be a captain or "leader" for stuff he did 5 years ago? Should the Ravens take away Ray Lewis's captaincy over Atlanta 99?

Until this, Richie has never been a problem for the Dolphins. AND he was a pro bowler a year ago, or alternate or something. Of course he has respect in that locker room.

Funny you said this...I just came across this article on Deadspin:

Richie Incognito Was Accused Of Rubbing His Junk On A Woman Last Year

And this earlier this summer

Report: Richie Incognito punched, knocked out a hotel security guard

Dolphins guard Richie Incognito has a reputation as a dirty player on the field. He may also be facing trouble for a hit off the field.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Incognito punched and knocked out a hotel security guard in an incident before the start of training camp. Schefter cites one unnamed person who knows Incognito as saying that Incognito was punched first.

Schefter reports that the Dolphins know about the incident, and he quotes an unnamed source saying, “they’ve done everything to bury it.”

The hotel’s security cameras caught the incident, but the video has apparently not been turned over to police or to the NFL. The incident could constitute a violation of the league’s personal-conduct policy, but if the video remains under wraps and Incognito isn’t charged, it’s unlikely that he would be in any trouble with the NFL.

Ok that's two...... :lol:

However, that second on, Sheft and Richie had it out over that. Richie said all along he was innocent and Sheft was out to get him. When this thing with Martin came out, guess who reported the voicemail, while leaving out the "ok call me back"? Yep, Sheftie.

Richie then went at him on twitter demanding his name be cleared again, before going radio silent since that point.

So somewhere in there, Richie and Sheftie do not like each other.

But seriously based on his track record he seems like the wrong dude you want to give any type of power to. You choose a known knucklehead as one of your leaders... To me that says something about the Dolphins.

Again, what has Richie done since he's been in Miami?

He doesn't have a ton of personal foul penalties. Hasn't been getting arrested. He was voted some award in 2012 as the voice of the locker room by the media, went to that Harvard thing representing the NFL, does commercials locally for some nonsense (can't remember what)

Everything you're bringing up is from Nebraska, Buffalo and St Louis, when he was 20, 23, 24 years old.

So he can't be a captain or "leader" for stuff he did 5 years ago? Should the Ravens take away Ray Lewis's captaincy over Atlanta 99?

Until this, Richie has never been a problem for the Dolphins. AND he was a pro bowler a year ago, or alternate or something. Of course he has respect in that locker room.

We just gon have to agree to disagree on this one. So what he was a pro bowler, Icognito doesn't make or break a team. And a player like Ray Lewis does make or break a team and he didn't have a list of idiot moves on and off the field. You don't give dudes like Dennis Rodman and Metta World Peace authority, they can be on the team and contribute but you don't give 'em any power and it's the same with this dude.

Funny you said this...I just came across this article on Deadspin:

Richie Incognito Was Accused Of Rubbing His Junk On A Woman Last Year

And this earlier this summer

Report: Richie Incognito punched, knocked out a hotel security guard

Dolphins guard Richie Incognito has a reputation as a dirty player on the field. He may also be facing trouble for a hit off the field.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Incognito punched and knocked out a hotel security guard in an incident before the start of training camp. Schefter cites one unnamed person who knows Incognito as saying that Incognito was punched first.

Schefter reports that the Dolphins know about the incident, and he quotes an unnamed source saying, “they’ve done everything to bury it.”

The hotel’s security cameras caught the incident, but the video has apparently not been turned over to police or to the NFL. The incident could constitute a violation of the league’s personal-conduct policy, but if the video remains under wraps and Incognito isn’t charged, it’s unlikely that he would be in any trouble with the NFL.

C'mon man :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
My opinion on this case has flipped. Yes Incognito is a prick, but Martin is a *****. I don't think Incognito was the reason he left the team, famb obviously had no respect in that locker room and when we signed McKinnie he realized his time was up and cracked under the pressure only to blame it all on "bullying." Call me insensitive, call me ignorant, call me what you want, but there's a reason why the whole team has come out to defend the guy who was dropping N-bombs left and right.

Steve Smith has beat the **** out of several teammates over the years for basically no reason and he's just labeled as "fiery" and "full of heart"...you think anybody around the league would have cared if Jon Martin beat up a dude labeled as the dirtiest player in the NFL?

This whole situation was blowed completely out of proportion

I didnt see the new text posted. These dudes went in on him.

Quote from teammate: “We are going to run train on your sister. . . . She loves me. I am going to **** her without a condom and *** in her ****.”

Is that text messed up? Yeah. But as a man I don't know how anybody can look at him as a man himself for running and telling on the dude. Go confront the person about it if it really is bothering you that much and move on with your life. It's his own fault for letting things like that effect his living.

I have no idea what's going on anymore. Every update coming out conflicts with another one :lol:

Is that text messed up? Yeah. But as a man I don't know how anybody can look at him as a man himself for running and telling on the dude. Go confront the person about it if it really is bothering you that much and move on with your life. It's his own fault for letting things like that effect his living.
yea this ain't middle school

The more I read about this the more I'm convinced Martin is doing things the right way. So now it's up to 2 players (Pouncey?) harassing him that he has evidence on could be more, the coaching staff knows about it, he either fought or got jumped off the clock, the GM told him fight or shut up. Not sure what else he was supposed to do but what he's doing now.
 Jason La Canfora@JasonLaCanfora 1h
And as much as this issue has focused on Martin/Incognito, last Sun I reported Martin claimed others, including Mike Pouncey, were involved

Jason La Canfora@JasonLaCanfora 1h

Digging to find out more about alleged physical abuse of Jonathan Martin but sounds like incident was last year away from the team facility

Yo this is the strangest story in a minute even more so than Manto Te'o :lol: I said earlier Martin better come out with some more concrete evidence bc the tables had turned...stuff is strange man smh. That is an odd lockerroom to say the least

I'll say this.  Martin went to Stanford.  That's a different breed in comparison to most of the schools many NFL players went to.  His parents are lawyers, so I doubt he had the troubled youth lifestyle most in the NFL has had.(Note: I'm not saying most you have to be troubled to be good in football, most have just had a tough upbringing.)  He's probably never been through anything like this before and doesn't know how to react.  You have to commend him honestly.  He played under Harbaugh, and he was a 2nd round pick.  He has talent, and he can compete at an NFL level.  This is his second year, so it's more than enough to say he's been put through a lot.  Granted, there's a huge double standard here due to the nature of the industry he chose as a profession.  There comes a point where things get out of control.  I'll give you two examples.  The first is where Trent Williams decks Richard Sherman, unprovoked.  Sherman, another Stanford player, just shrugged it off.  I assume this is the nature that Stanford provides to their players.  Always keep a level head, and do the right thing.  The second example is the JPP/Prince cold tub incident.  Where he basically carries another grown man and throws him into a cold tub against his will, in front of all his teammates.  I believe Prince went to Nebraska, but you can clearly see that he was being bullied at the time.  I don't know if it's the culture, but from a legal standpoint it's a huge problem.  Hence, the situation we have now.  Quite frankly, this will get even uglier.  I say that because there are so many problems.  The dolphins are trying to shift blame to incognito, reports say coaches knew about the harassment and even encouraged it, the players are backing Incognito over Martin, Martin actually has evidence of harassment, The GM made an extremely insensitive comment when this is a legal case(that was pretty much all the lawyers need to focus on), and a lot of players dont want Martin back after this opening the door for retaliation, which is against the CBA.  So, as I said, this will get uglier.

Sherman unprovoked? He was running his mouth the entire game as well as after the game and got rightfully clocked.

No specific teammates were named in the statement.  Cornwell claims in the statement that an unnamed teammate said this to Martin:  “We are going to run train on your sister. . . . She loves me. I am going to f– her without a condom and C in her ****.

Need pic of this said sister.

Back
Top Bottom