Thoughts on the Lizzo twerking at NBA game vol. This Why Rikishi trending

Now if you said the MAJORITY of travis's fanbase isn't black then I would agree. However I would object that happens to every rapper on his level.

H.E.R. is a industry plant too? :lol:

"After initial music appearances and singles under her real name, Wilson re-emerged in 2016 as H.E.R."

She just rebranded herself like 2 Chainz did.
The industry is trying push H.E.R to the top like no other but the reception doesn’t match it. She has talent but the push they’re giving her doesn’t match the demand

Whole Industry looking like

greenhouse.jpg

Last edited:
The industry is trying push H.E.R to the top like no other but the reception doesn’t match it. She has talent but the push they’re giving her doesn’t match the demand

Because the average millennial or person under 25 doesn’t know anything about R&B music. Which is why I like her music. There won’t be a demand because again, these kids don’t like R&B like that. But I’m 33 and she does a damn good job singing IMO

How you gonna fix your face to call HER of all people a plant, but didn't name the obvious frauds like Post Malone or the rainbow haired loser :stoneface:
Both can be true. I named them off the top of my head.

As a person that saw her from scratch before her wigs got better, she’s not at all a plant lol
To me she is but I assume I have a different definition of what a plant is. To me a plant is an artist that:

1. Is being pushed and groomed by a major label and may or may not have the fan support or music to support the major label backing

2. Artist who has major label backing but presents themselves as somewhat of an indie artist who gained an organic following

3. An artist who used connections to get into the game

Where are y'all seeing Lizzo everywhere? :lol:

Lizzo twerking at the NBA game was 2019

Her most popular songs released in 2016 "Good as Hell" and 2017 "Truth Hurts"

Most notable thing she's done this year was saying b* at the Grammy's

I think she released those 2 'popular' tracks in '16 and '17 respectively but they only really got airplay in '19 with the whole 'body positivity' movement that was peaking/trending. This alludes to the 'industry plant' theories that were being floated earlier.

Ok “industry plant”. An industry plant is an artist that the industry put on ice while they grow the artist’s style/identity. They PLANT the artist in the label and watch them grow. The reason “industry plant” is looked down upon is because hip hop. Hip hop is supposed to be genuine. You’re supposed to be “keeping it real”.

TL;DR: If they not rapping street ****, THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE AN “INDUSTRY PLANT”.

Ok “industry plant”. An industry plant is an artist that the industry put on ice while they grow the artist’s style/identity. They PLANT the artist in the label and watch them grow. The reason “industry plant” is looked down upon is because hip hop. Hip hop is supposed to be genuine. You’re supposed to be “keeping it real”.

TL;DR: If they not rapping street ****, THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE AN “INDUSTRY PLANT”.
69 rapped street **** and he was a plant so….

no such thing as the “streets” in 2021

Reactions: wr
Whether H.E.R. is a plant or not, she's definitely taking R&B in the right direction.

Good old “wholesome” fully clothed HER is a plant? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Not in this half naked, no substance cardi b and meg era. She definitely not a plant.

People like Billie Elish or Ed Sheeran would fit that mold. Or ariana grande types.
that nas x dude would be a black type plant

Back
Top Bottom