Tim Donaghy back with a vengeance 2ND VID UPDATED

This is probably something they should clamp down on - there's a lot of shuffling going on. it's fundamental rule to basketball - probably only second to "to score put the ball in the basket". You can't walk with the ball. It would tidy the game up a lot if they started calling that properly.

It's often difficult to see though - if you're watching the ball a shuffle of the pivot foot is tough to spot.

This is probably something they should clamp down on - there's a lot of shuffling going on. it's fundamental rule to basketball - probably only second to "to score put the ball in the basket". You can't walk with the ball. It would tidy the game up a lot if they started calling that properly.

It's often difficult to see though - if you're watching the ball a shuffle of the pivot foot is tough to spot.

Donaghy never actually explicitly fixed games, he was working with a known bookie/sports bettor and just giving him picks on who he thought would win on a given night. He said it was obvious that certain refs gave special treatment/an edge to specific players and teams.

the biased officiating still goes on, and the NBA does nothing to change it. Donaghy was just a somebody who got caught up.

Donaghy never actually explicitly fixed games, he was working with a known bookie/sports bettor and just giving him picks on who he thought would win on a given night. He said it was obvious that certain refs gave special treatment/an edge to specific players and teams.

the biased officiating still goes on, and the NBA does nothing to change it. Donaghy was just a somebody who got caught up.

what does the NBA do about this? do they try and get better refs? nope. They instill rules where the players can't say anything and up the amount of fines for players and coaches

point blank a good amount of people think the NBA is entertainment instead of sports. And Stern couldn't care less. it's a shame.

what does the NBA do about this? do they try and get better refs? nope. They instill rules where the players can't say anything and up the amount of fines for players and coaches

point blank a good amount of people think the NBA is entertainment instead of sports. And Stern couldn't care less. it's a shame.

Originally Posted by DubA169

True. Stern is focused on protecting the refs... he should be focused on getting better ones.

Just look at how old some of the refs are... I wouldn't trust any of them to on the road, and they missing crucial calls / making bad ones. The same goes for the new young ones too. As a casual fan I could call these games better then the NBA refs.

Just look at the Bulls/Heat series. So many bad calls both ways. Then when LeBron/Rose/Wade/whoever have the ball in the final minutes they become a courtside fan enjoying the game, making bad/no calls because they're too mesmerized with what's going to happen next.

True. Stern is focused on protecting the refs... he should be focused on getting better ones.

Just look at how old some of the refs are... I wouldn't trust any of them to on the road, and they missing crucial calls / making bad ones. The same goes for the new young ones too. As a casual fan I could call these games better then the NBA refs.

Just look at the Bulls/Heat series. So many bad calls both ways. Then when LeBron/Rose/Wade/whoever have the ball in the final minutes they become a courtside fan enjoying the game, making bad/no calls because they're too mesmerized with what's going to happen next.

Surprised this guy is still breathing, let alone making these "video tapes". I thought he and his family would be in a witness protection program after what he did.

Surprised this guy is still breathing, let alone making these "video tapes". I thought he and his family would be in a witness protection program after what he did.

What type of Eliot Spitzer, 'can I come back now, you guys?' %%@# is this.
grin.gif

Keep em coming, though...what's the worst that could happen.
nerd.gif

What type of Eliot Spitzer, 'can I come back now, you guys?' %%@# is this.
grin.gif

Keep em coming, though...what's the worst that could happen.
nerd.gif

He is right tho

Even I thought it was a blatant travel while watching the game

He is right tho

Even I thought it was a blatant travel while watching the game

They instill rules where the players can't say anything and up the amount of fines for players and coaches

Might be the stupidest thang in any sport I have ever seen too!

1a) ******ed quick techs in the NBA

1b) No endzone celebration in the NFL

They instill rules where the players can't say anything and up the amount of fines for players and coaches

Might be the stupidest thang in any sport I have ever seen too!

1a) ******ed quick techs in the NBA

1b) No endzone celebration in the NFL

Back
Top Bottom