Wearing sneakers for work/with dress clothes

Our work dress is business casual. Most of the days I am wearing hard bottom dress shoes. But it is getting old. Plus on days when it rains, I would rather wear a sneaker style shoe. I am looking for suggestions on a sneaker that I could wear with dress paints/slacks during the week. Of course the first thought is always concords or Space Jams. But I am looking for something a little bit more subtle. I remember when the Sports Center anchors wore the Space Jam 31's on set with their suites. That actually looked pretty nice. I had been looking at maybe doing something like that, or the Space Jam AJ1 Ultra Highs. I have also started to look at some AJ1 lows. But looking for any suggestion on a sneaker that would be comfortable to wear during the week but also look good in business attire.

Vince 'Ace' slip-ons

vince4758612867_m5_1-0._QL90_UX336_.jpg

new balance ( made in US or UK) are never looked at bad in the office... When i started working at my job I started off with hard bottom shoes, then i seen a few people wear sneakers so I got a few pair of NBs , a 576 , and a few 997s . most of them are kinda beat now since its been about 3 years off wearing them. I wear whatever at my job now... its still business casual but i wear jeans and sneakers now cause I have no boss here and its pretty much a skeleton crew here.. The only time i dress up now is if the CEO will be here or some wild meeting with a bunch of VP's.

I’ve recerly “old man”’d it. I wear dress up too and some running shoes on the feet. I used to dog it hard. Now it makes so much sense

Vans. Or Common Projects if you’re willing to spend a lot more.

Just depends on your work environment. I was always taught to dress how my team dresses when it come to a corporate environment. Some days I’ll wear slacks yeezys and a brand T shirt (Gatorade) others I’ll rock a polo tucked into my jeans with the paint splatter maison margiela’s (my boss complimented me on the kicks right before Christmas I was surprised lol) Most days I usually just wear black loafers and slacks. I think any sneaker can my rocked in a coporate environment just have to know how to pull it off

I’ll never forget being in the airport and seeing an older white gentleman who couldn’t be no younger than 55 wearing a very nice suit with some tan oxfords and he goes into the gate house takes off his shoes and puts on some ‘15 Hare 7’s. That was too dope lol

I am client facing 80% of the time, and often wear all-black Chucks with chinos (grey or khaki). I have to wear suit when meeting with SES peoples though, which is only a few times a month.

It definitely depends on the workplace. For, I tend to wear chinos and jeans with a mix of either Stan Smiths, Killshot 2s, or my Clark DBs.

When big wigs from HQ come to town, I'll dress up.

Slowly started wearing my UB Creams to work for comfort.

cole haan lunargrands (i think its called originalgrands now) and zerogrands

this is what the majority of the guys wear downstairs in the offices, if I ever have to dress up this is what I'll go with

Do NOT wear vans for an 8 hour work day

Vans and Chucks are so uncomfortable I don't know how people wear them for more than an hour :lol:

this is what the majority of the guys wear downstairs in the offices, if I ever have to dress up this is what I'll go with

Vans and Chucks are so uncomfortable I don't know how people wear them for more than an hour :lol:

Can't be out here rocking the base models. Vans Vault and Converse '70s only.

^^^
Was going to say that.

Could also Stan Smith/Rod Laver it for a fraction of the cost. I love Lavers.

The Air Max 1 has grown to become my favorite Nike silhouette right now and for me they work with slacks and a casual shirt. In the right colorways/materials (I got a gang of ID's done with the WILL Leather a while back).

Of course the first thought is always concords or Space Jams

Bruh....what?!?! DO NOT TRUST YOUR GUT

Could never do this.

Just get some crepe sole Chelsea’s or desert boots.

Lunar grands, margiela gats, common projects, and plain colored yeezys are my workweek rotations.

common projects >

^^^

Could also Stan Smith/Rod Laver it for a fraction of the cost. I love Lavers.

Listen to these guys. Also adidas’ BW Army is an alternative to the margiela GAT thats priced reasonably.

One of my most favorite parts of my last job was the ability to wear all the shoes I bought over the last 2-3 years.

Favorite pair was some AM 120s. Sunset CW.

Back
Top Bottom