What’s it like to work at stockX? I quit after 1 day

Status
Not open for further replies.
if the only way to tell if someone is wearing fakes is to smell their shoes then i won’t be calling anyone out anytime soon.

No. Just a brutal 1st day on the job.

I’m oddly proud of how I left that place. I wanted to walk out mid-shift. I finished my day. Walked in there the next morning, told my boss I wasn’t built for this, and shook hands.

Dying at "brutal 1st day" like he actually had a brutal 1st day on the job..:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: ..And he's proud of how he left cause he didn't quit half way through the day..:smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh:..

Do your parents know they did a really bad job raising their child?..Are they embarrassed by you at all?..My mom would've punched me in the face if I'd told her I quit a decent/good paying job after 1 day cause it was "brutal"..

j rain j rain

https://astrostyle.com/saturn-return/

I’m 29 and going through one of the most difficult times I’ve ever had in my life. I suggest keeping your head up and being honest with yourself and the mistakes you’ve made that have led you to where you are currently. Being accountable for my actions and living in the moment, as opposed to letting my past haunt me and projecting myself into the future with my past demons has helped me grow tremendously. It gets better bro. Continuously remind yourself that you’re the architect of your reality and if you can create a situation not of your liking, you possess the ability to build one is in alignment with your vision for how life should be. Wishing you the best.

Sounds like one of those footlocker stories

Oh I love shoes this will be a such a cool job!

Then you realize oh **** it’s an actual job not just something to do for my love of sneakers

18/hr with weekends off. I ain’t mad at it

@OP How old are you ?

I remember back in my University days, I had 4 jobs concurrently (various hours here and there).

Anyways, one of them was working at a Marshall's.

What sucked is how some of the customers are just flat out rude (I was in cash and also Customer Relations/Returns). It was a good kick in the nuts on how you better get your hustle on so you won't have to do that type of job again. This was close to minimum as well in terms of $ / hour.

Girl’s boss hooked her up with an airbnb for thanksgiving break. Turns out it’s a 7 room mansion in hollywood hills :rofl:

Currently off this patron. All ALA is invited. Hit me up for the addy

j rain j rain

https://astrostyle.com/saturn-return/

I’m 29 and going through one of the most difficult times I’ve ever had in my life. I suggest keeping your head up and being honest with yourself and the mistakes you’ve made that have led you to where you are currently. Being accountable for my actions and living in the moment, as opposed to letting my past haunt me and projecting myself into the future with my past demons has helped me grow tremendously. It gets better bro. Continuously remind yourself that you’re the architect of your reality and if you can create a situation not of your liking, you possess the ability to build one is in alignment with your vision for how life should be. Wishing you the best.

Thanks man

This dude's situation is similar to my 1 month working overnight at Target (11pm - 7am). **** was terrible with bosses clapping their hands at you telling you to hurry up or timing you saying "you have 10 minutes to finish off that pallet". Worse still was working the conveyer belt room where you'd get screamed at if the packages fell, jammed or plain not fast enough on the line. Couldn't even talk while working either, place felt like slave labor.

Race to the bottom @TURBO UNO - more and more companies adopting third world practices.

Sounds like one of those footlocker stories

Oh I love shoes this will be a such a cool job!

Then you realize oh **** it’s an actual job not just something to do for my love of sneakers

18/hr with weekends off. I ain’t mad at it

I worked at Footlocker. This wasn’t that. A completely different animal.

Homie talking about “it’s ok to cry” like something major happened. I reread his rant to see if I missed something huge like a fist fight to the death, throwing kittens off rooftops, forced sexual acts..... nothing. Homie had to sit for 8 hours and emotionally broke down :rofl:

He’s 30, picked up and moved to jersey for what he thought was a good opportunity, found out it was the candyland plantation and you’re gonna sit here and say nothing major happened and he shouldn’t be crying?

You’re an *******.

(I stopped reading the thread after page 4 so if OP was lying then nevermind).

Serious question, but are StockX fees better than eBay?

I'm guessing that their 'authentication' process only has value on newer, hyped product and even then it seems as though the process could be flawed.

The only decent song they played was ruff ryders anthem.

Savages

Real talk though, if you are miserable at a job dont ever feel guilty for quitting. I wish I had quit mine earlier but I had to save a bit of money to get ready for unemployment.

I’m not a cryer. I’ve never had a job that moved me to tears. I really only cry at movies (Homeward bound gets me everytime). I can endure/put up with a lot. I’m not going to explain myself anymore. It is what it is. Thanks for all the input.

I’ll bounce back. If nothing arises, I’ll have to sell some sneakers.

How you at a job for ONE day and then have it break your soul this bad? Not even a damn week?

proprietary glue.
200w.gif

if the only way to tell if someone is wearing fakes is to smell their shoes then i won’t be calling anyone out anytime soon.
only idiots believe its by smell

damn fake education bull****

just like kids who believe UV light helps tell fake from real :lol:

How do you survive 2-3 years without a source of income???

Sounds like the cats who randomly come up to me “let me hold dollar real quick for swisher sweets” but got enough money for the bud.

Like I said earlier savings, it's just most americans don't have any savings due to retail therapy and carrying debt along with other habits. I know plenty of ppl that take long sabbaticals but most of them tend to not be Americans since they're the ones that tend to have the savings for. Not any real hustles, trying to experiment and look into different things to try to find what I want to do. I still eat out and travel etc., I just don't buy a bunch of sneakers/clothes or go out and spend hundreds of dollars on bar tab etc.

Bruh keep it a buck.

You live off your baby momma.

You "help out" with bills and rent but ol girl wears the pants.

You're not taking a long sabbatical, you a 34 year old man who's basically using his own child as a means to put a roof over his head. :lol:

This thread has gone south. I should’ve left the crying part out of the story. I thought it would give you guys some perspective on how depressing the situation was.

What’s an acceptable situation to cry? Death in the family?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom