What’s it like to work at stockX? I quit after 1 day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warehouse type work is typically tedious stuff

But how can you really have an accurate assessment of management and your co-workers after one day?

And what if that was just a busy day?

I dunno...I probably would have stayed for longer than that

Warehouse type work is typically tedious stuff

But how can you really have an accurate assessment of management and your co-workers after one day?

And what if that was just a busy day?

I dunno...I probably would have stayed for longer than that

All valid points. You might be right. Might have been ill advised to leave after 1 day. I just didn’t see a future there where I wasn’t miserable. They said the next day was going to be busier. I’m sure with the holidays coming up, the whole month of December would be wild.

You also have to factor in that $18 hr isn’t that much when you live in NY/NJ. Cost of living is through the roof. It just wasn’t worth it. I had to go back home.

Last edited:
Assembly line type work can be draining, especially mentally. I use to work at one of the Amazon Fulfillment warehouses. My position was quality control with stock. Basically I stood at this one station all day and counted whatever came to my station to make sure it was there. I was there for 6 months until I got fired for being 1 percent off on my quality efficiency. My work week was Wednesday - Saturday 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. Work days were long, boring, and draining. I started using my saved up PTO and vacation time to leave early or not even come to work. Also whenever VTO (voluntary time off) was offered I took it every time. Now I dj and produce music full time. Its actually been a year since I got let go from Amazon. They fired ya boy the week of Thanksgiving. Crazy how everything with music picked up a couple of months after though.

Assembly line type work can be draining, especially mentally. I use to work at one of the Amazon Fulfillment warehouses. My position was quality control with stock. Basically I stood at this one station all day and counted whatever came to my station to make sure it was there. I was there for 6 months until I got fired for being 1 percent off on my quality efficiency. My work week was Wednesday - Saturday 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. Work days were long, boring, and draining. I started using my saved up PTO and vacation time to leave early or not even come to work. Also whenever VTO (voluntary time off) was offered I took it every time. Now I dj and produce music full time. Its actually been a year since I got let go from Amazon. They fired ya boy the week of Thanksgiving. Crazy how everything with music picked up a couple of months after though.

i’ve heard the stories of working at amazon. This wasn’t quite at that level. You could somewhat work at your own pace, take voluntary bathroom breaks, and interact with your coworkers. It’s encouraging to hear you landed on your feet.

I’ve got to try and get some sleep. Haven’t been able to take my mind off things.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody

i’ve heard the stories of working at amazon. This wasn’t quite at that level. You could somewhat work at your own pace, take voluntary bathroom breaks, and interact with your coworkers. It’s encouraging to hear you landed on your feet.

I’ve got to try and get some sleep. Haven’t been able to take my mind off things.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody
Yeah I would take bathroom breaks whenever I needed to talk a walk or got bored lol. The way my position was if you were inactive for too long it would count against you, so you had to be mindful of your time away from your station. I made a few homies there, but the way the stations are set up its difficult to interact with one another, especially if work is gradually coming by.

This dude's situation is similar to my 1 month working overnight at Target (11pm - 7am). **** was terrible with bosses clapping their hands at you telling you to hurry up or timing you saying "you have 10 minutes to finish off that pallet". Worse still was working the conveyer belt room where you'd get screamed at if the packages fell, jammed or plain not fast enough on the line. Couldn't even talk while working either, place felt like slave labor.

Warehouse work is very tedious I would know cause I worked in a few as well as a amazon fulfillment center.

For me it’s easy work as long as no one is constantly bothering me and plus I’m not dealing with any annoying customers coming up to me asking where the computers are while standing in the computer department.

But yeah I would have stuck it out like a man for way more than just one day. (Probably a week or a month) I don’t think you can give full a assessment on your working environment just off of 1 day.

Plus you cried about not dealing with the job, you should’ve known the expectations and the obligations before you even started.
F0970F89-19BF-48A4-9BA4-3341FCB13B5A.gif

14898F71-7912-4FEA-84EB-A54289D576EB.gif

Now no job is glamorous, especially if it’s a dream job or something you desire doing for money. Your gonna have to get your hands dirty regardless if your a stockX authenticator or a surgeon at a hospital. Every job has its pros and cons.

I kinda figur stockX didn’t really have a full proof process of authicating certain sneakers but that “smell test “ which can be spoof. But that just lets me know I wouldn’t waste my time buying through them or even selling.

Last edited:
Disclaimer: I was hired at a new warehouse they opened in New Jersey. Not the Detroit headquarters, which I assume is more professional and organized.

Job title: Sneaker Authenticator

Pay: $18/hr

Hours: 8am-6pm Mon-Fri

The story:

I quickly realized that this was a sneaker plantation. That’s the best way to describe this hell hole. Modern day slavery.

By 6, I was on the verge of tears. What did I get myself into? It wears you out mentally and physically.

It’s basically an assembly line. Each person has a station. You cut open box after box after box, until your mind goes numb and you become a human robot. They blast music all day to make it more bearable, but by 3pm I wanted to rip my ears out. The only decent song they played was rough ryders anthem.

It’s just not a healthy work environment.

Management is heartless. I’m not asking to be pampered, but I certainly didn’t feel welcomed. My coworkers were arrogant and unfriendly. Imagine a bunch of clowns that only rock off whites or yeezy’s. I think I had one or two decent conversations all day. The only cool dude was a guy who cleaned up all the cardboard/garbage. My guy had on dress shoes with holes. I was ready to go in my trunk and give him a pair of French Blue 12’s, but he didn’t wear my size.

By time my day finished at 8:30, I couldn’t hold it in anymore. I sobbed in my car. Call me soft or weak, but it was truly a sneaker hell. I don’t know how these people can work in that environment. For my sanity, I had to get out.

I wanted to stay strong and give it a chance, but I knew this wasn’t for me. The routine never changes. Same thing, everyday. My decision was made.

Edited for corrections.

I don't know how NJ works, but $18/hr seems pretty good..Based on 50 hrs (assuming anything over 40 is time and a half) that's almost $1000 a week..So you can't live in NJ for $3000 (roughly after taxes)?..

And you really cried after working one day at a job?..And quit?..And you're 30?..Jeezus, you softer than a fresh roll of Charmin..You must not have any responsibilities in life like a wife, kids, car payment, or mortgage..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom