What are your first thoughts when someone tells you "I don't drink"?

more for me!!!! nah usually ill ask are u driving or what . then ill offer them a cranberry juice if i know them well . "what are you on your period" .

you dudes are weirdos

why would you be offended if some dude didnt want to drink?

more important things in life to get mad over :lol:

Last edited:
i think its completely respectable..... its interesting to meet someone that doesnt drink or smoke cause where im from its so popular to abuse something. its actually very interesting to me to meet those type of people! i feel like everybody does something and when i meet that occasional person that is completely sober its actually kind of impressive to me lol.

I didn't have one sip of alcohol until a little after I turned 21. But even now, I hardly drink. I just don't care for alcohol. If I am to drink it has to be in a very social setting.

Me too. I started drinking around 22. Even now at 28 I drink around 2 a month and never get passed tipsy.

Well being that person, I assume that when I tell someone I don't drink they imagine that I think I am better than them/everyone.

Kinda this.... cuz I do drink, but verrrrryyyy verrryyy rarely!

But this goes with smoking too.

Whenever somebody askes if I have a lighter, I tell them I don't smoke, I assume they think I think I'm better than them.

If it's a girl in one of those social settings it's *What other easy alternative can I use to smash?*

If it's a dude in any situation, I think nothing. I'm not much of a drinker myself and there's really no reason for me to judge.

I don't think ppl think anything when I decline their offer of a cig.

This thread has shown how judgmental some of you are
mean.gif

Drinking is pretty lame after you turn 21 though. I can't recall the last time i drank to get drunk.

Before that mark, its really fun like some forbidden fruit. After 21, its more of a coping mechanism for dealing with depression and social anxiety.

But usually i think that they're either

1) muslim
2) insulting me by attempting to take higher moral ground - but only b/c i have a friend that actually does do this.

Me personally, I don't drink or smoke, so people always find it hard to believe when I tell them that I do neither.

it's cool and i usually think they are a former alcoholic or someone in there family is. i don't ask why though and i don't really care.

if i'm sober it's cool..

if i'm drunk i get deeply offended.
:rofl: This is hilarious to me. I think I knew a guy like that but he wouldn't stop offering until you left his vicinity

Also there's always that friend that needs you to drink with him in order for him to get **** faced. 6 shots later he's barely standing slobbering everywhere while you're buzzed chasing with a beer or something wondering what the **** happened to him :lol:

Last edited:
I HATE the taste of alcohol, so i try to avoid it as much of it as i can, but peer pressure a mug :smh: :smh:

I get Asian red too, like after 1 Bud Light all the blood just rushes up to my head. i dont even know why.

To answer the thread question, if someone tells me they don't drink, then they are a Grade-A narcissist. I don't care if you don't drink (for whatever the reason may be), and I'm never going to ask why, but if you're the type of person who has to broadcast to the world why you declined a drink, then you're a borderline a-hole. I know that sounds extreme, but it speaks to a greater problem with that individual. They have an air of self-importance that rears its head in other ways. Telling me you don't drink is just one way of revealing that annoying personality trait.

Just order a soda or water and let it go. Nobody gives a crap.

Back
Top Bottom