What do you prefer manual or automatic transmission?

i drive and manual in which i taught my self driving it out of the lot with out ever being in a manual car in general.
but i dont race or drift my neighborhood corners so i would prefer the auto

I will never buy another automatic if I can help it. My young legs can deal with stop-and-go right now so I'm good. And my commute is only 4 miles so it works as a daily driver for me.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Originally Posted by KanyeWestJayZ4life

I would like to switch over to manual. Its has to be a coupe or sti or something to that extent.

I have all the basics down, im at the stage where i have to get through the pressures. Like shifting in at a redlight without messing up and stalling(i get nervous, and that nervousness breaks me). Downshifting also, i know you dont have to, but id like to know how to do it properly. I have an auto now, but i want to buy and fix up a 1998 bmw M3(Coupe or sedan, doesnt mater)
It just comes down to muscle-memory and getting used to it... and when in doubt, put the clutch in.  Also at stop lights, also make sure you're in 1st and not 3rd. 
laugh.gif
  It happened to me when I first started. Was at a stop sign and thought I was in 1st. When it was my turn to go, I eased off the clutch, felt the bite-point and everything, but stalled.  I reignited, but stalled again. After 3 tries, I started to smell my clutch... and it was then that I realized... I was in 3rd! 
embarassed.gif

tongue.gif

As for downshifting... learn to match-rev first... and once you get that down like second-nature, then work on heel-toeing.  Just be careful not to rear-end anyone.  Look for vids on youtube to learn.
while learning, sure. but i wouldn't make that a habit, coasting is dangerous because you can't react to sudden changes since you have no control over the car/motorcycle.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by dankenstien88

Look at the boost gauge next time your driving or riding in a turbocharged manual and compare it to the boost gauge in a turboed auto.
First of all, who wants to boost that much in a daily driver? I'm sorry junior but life is not about hitting boost while going to work. Life isn't a race track. Now on a track maybe but even then, that is a ridiculous, narrow-minded argument. Most enthusiasts would much rather track a R34 over a R35. "Automatics" are not as engaging and many companies still offer a manual transmission standard on a TURBO car, including the STi, EVO, 911 Turbo, etc., cars that would dust you in a flash. Completely ignorant and pathetic argument here.
laugh.gif
you insult him for even mentioning an automatic turbo and then when he gives you benefits of it you turn the argument in a completely different direction. if you prefer a manual turbo over an automatic that's one thing, but don't tell anyone 'they can't be serious' because they would prefer an automatic turbo, especially when it's better performance wise.

but back to the original thread, like most people said i prefer manual just because it feels like you have so much more control over the car but in times of traffic and i'm tryna
pimp.gif
i would definitely rather an automatic.

I owned all manual cars up until my recent car. Living in Los Angeles owning a manual is a no no, traffic with stick is enough to cause someone to go insane. I own a luxury car now so automatic is a no brainier.

i want to say it depending on the car but since i lost my car and been driving my sister automatic i say

MANUAL >>>>>>> __________.

the end.

my mustang will be a auto I really don't feel like screwing up the clutch of my first real car.

I might get a little honda and learn off of it tho.

Auto

like honestly im not tryna flame to you manuel people.

but yall cant even smoke a cig in peace while drivin

blunt cruise

heck even a cup of coffee in the morning if your into that

Originally Posted by JordanKing Xi

Auto

like honestly im not tryna flame to you manuel people.

but yall cant even smoke a cig in peace while drivin

blunt cruise

heck even a cup of coffee in the morning if your into that
I can, and I have (to the cup of liquid).

Back
Top Bottom