What is the hardest thing about your job?

Critical care RN. Hardest part of the job isn't the clincal/hands-on stuff they teach you in school. The hardest thing is dealing with unreasonable/unrealistic family members (95% of the time the families are the problem, not the patient). Playing politician and taking a bite of the **** sandwich when the other party is completely out of line is an everyday occurrence. I've alway been pretty good at it, but god damn does my limit get pushed every day. :lol:

The cleaning up after yourself def has to be taught by your parents but ppl today suck. Back when I was a youngin, like at 16, my dads friend got me a part time job as a porter in his building since he is the super there. The building is on 79th and central park west area. These white rich mf’ers would be the nastiest dirtiest people ever (and Im half white). In the garbage area there were signs that clearly said no garbage in the recycle bins and what do they do? Throw their regular waste in there. They dont care, I was cleaning it up. In the laundry room people would leave empty detergent bottles and dryer sheets everywhere. Worst thing someone did was throw dog **** in the mail room waste basket for the mail they didnt want. That entitlement attitude is worse than a nuclear bomb, I swear.
////rant lol

Critical care RN. Hardest part of the job isn't the clincal/hands-on stuff they teach you in school. The hardest thing is dealing with unreasonable/unrealistic family members (95% of the time the families are the problem, not the patient). Playing politician and taking a bite of the **** sandwich when the other party is completely out of line is an everyday occurrence. I've alway been pretty good at it, but god damn does my limit get pushed every day. :lol:
i get free rein on hanging up on patients when they become disruptive :evil:

Meetings. It only feels important, but it’s usually for two people to be on the same page and a lot others are dragged along. In the end, the main culprits get a better understanding of each other and everyone else loses and hour of work.

Meetings. It only feels important, but it’s usually for two people to be on the same page and a lot others are dragged along. In the end, the main culprits get a better understanding of each other and everyone else loses and hour of work.
I have a lot of meetings and many are like this , however when I have a good productive meeting it is always a great feeling. :lol:

Im a breadman, the hardest part about my job is waking up early and doing my taxes but I love my job. I can wear what I want (sneakers and basketball shorts), get free food and drinks everywhere, free bread items and cake of course, no drug test ever, and I make more than most college graduates in less than 40 hours of work a week.

imma remember this

ill be starting nursing school soon btw

any advice from a fellow NT bro would be appreciated

imma remember this

ill be starting nursing school soon btw

any advice from a fellow NT bro would be appreciated

There's so many fields/specialties in nursing. If your not happy in one, go to another. ER, OR, ICU, med surg, home health, case management, hospice, school nurse, CRNA, list goes on and on.

There's so many fields/specialties in nursing. If your not happy in one, go to another. ER, OR, ICU, med surg, home health, case management, hospice, school nurse, CRNA, list goes on and on.
imma do cardiac nursing once i get some experience under my belt

My organization has no respect for people time, they will set a meeting up at 7am or/and a 5:30pm meeting on a Friday. :lol:

And I clock out at 3-3:30pm
:lol: Worked at a company once where the boss who was remote set up a meeting during an all company party so we couldn't go.

Regular jobs wont pay lazy people the higher wages though.

Who says union automatically has higher wages?

Who says lazy workers are a problem in unions? that’s just made up conservative stuff.

Do lazy people not get raises or something at a scab company? I have seen plenty of lazy people get promoted.

Do lazy people not get health insurance? “Sorry you were lazy this month, health insurance denied”

Do they take lazy peoples pensions and 401k match away if they aren’t productive at a non union job? No...

What are these benefits lazy union guys get that would normally get taken away at a non union company?

You want good benefits and raises get a union job. Don’t knock them.

Last edited:
im def non medical
im at a computer desk
deal with paperwork/calls and alarms
but im able to chill and watch netflix/hbogo or whatever streaming service
and surf the net all day
my job is cake
get paid BREAD
my job SUPER easy
ive had opportunities to transfer to different depts
but maaaaaan why have to do more work :lol:

Did u go to school? How did u get that job?

Damn I need something like that :lol:
Would u be able to find the same job somewhere else? Or did u get lucky where ur at and find something special

My organization has no respect for people time, they will set a meeting up at 7am or/and a 5:30pm meeting on a Friday. :lol:

And I clock out at 3-3:30pm

I work for a company that made us do a 7pm conference call every night for 5 days to discuss a project we worked on and made sure everyone gave insight so the call wouldn’t end til 8:30

Did u go to school? How did u get that job?

Damn I need something like that :lol:
Would u be able to find the same job somewhere else? Or did u get lucky where ur at and find something special
Nah i didnt go to school for it
I just transferred into it
Hospital all about seniority
Can transfer anywhere
As long as u meet the MINIMUM qualifications
The job is urs
Just got to be high enough in seniority
And u can find the same job plenty of places
But pay and benefits may not be even close to the same

I work at a software company (Infrastructure Dept), and my coworkers are the hardest part about the job. Way more stressful than the customers ever could be.

The good news is I now mostly work remotely, so I only have to really deal with their shenanigans over Slack at my leisure.

Back
Top Bottom