What is your relationship with your father like?

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

Did not read.

Me and my pops are best friends tho.
pimp.gif

We have a good relationship. He has always been a stern demanding type father, but everything he has done (good & bad)
I just take it as him striving to do his best cause both of his parents died early on. Can't really be mad at all
pimp.gif

Great Relationship. He's my homie. Has always given us everything in life. Everything he's done has been for my siblings and I. Biggest arguments we have are over sports...lol

Originally Posted by papageorgeo510

frown.gif
nonexistence

This. First time I saw him was when I was 15 and thats the last time I saw him. After all these years I dont even want to have any type of relationship with him.

fought a lot when i was younger
always thought he was a lame and weird
really distant throughout college, cuz i rarely visited home

but as ive grown older, and started my career, weve become a lot closer. talk almost every other day, and ive realized hes probably one of the coolest, realest dudes ive ever known. plus, ive learned everything i know from him.

Let me just say that im Chinese (some of you will already know the deal) and dude is hard headed as a mofo. Dudes grumpy 99% of the time so conversation is non existent, unless he finds something to argue about. He looks at the glass being half empty instead of half full all the time. We constantly butt heads due to this old school asian ways. For those that dont know most asian dads never admit their wrong, and theres only one to do things. If it isnt done that way, its wrong no matter what. On the brighter side pops is the hardest working dude i know, bust his %$! his entire life just make sure his family doesnt go through what he does, and for that i wouldnt change him for the world.

Originally Posted by 8PM at MSG

It's weird. I can't really explain it. Let's just say I love him but there are quite a few things about him I don't like. He's been there all my life but at times it's like he's not there at all.

But on a overall basis...he's a good dude.

Pretty much.

I think he could've pushed me to do more things in life, But at the same time I blame myself for not trying harder.
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

He is sweetest guy in the world and the model of how I want my husband to be

hmmm so Freud was right. 
electra complex?

alright I kid, I kid.....
grin.gif

He worked very hard and provided for me and my family, and for that I'll forever be grateful. I don't want to say "And that's it" because I feel like it's sorta trivializing what he did....but besides that he's like a stranger to me. No animosity towards him though. Just one of those situations where it is what it is.

my father and I are cool, had some ups and downs. He wasn't there for the majority of my childhood.

I don't know I guess I wish we were closer but that's never going to happen. It is what it is.
I do respect his work ethic, and his strive. He's tried his level best I guess to keep this family together. 

I'm cool w/ him, we don't see eye to eye with him, but appreciate him nonetheless.

He's awesome, he provided me with everything I need in live and when I become a father I hope to be as good a father to my children as he was to me. Now we aren't the best of friends because we don't have a ton in common or share the same views on various subjects but he's still someone I can talk to whenever I need to.

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

hmmm so Freud was right. 
electra complex?

grin.gif
alien.gif

Freud was on the right path, he just let his perverted mind detour him.

We were really close...I lived with him for 2 years when him and my mom got divorced.....he passed away when I was 16 (1999) tho.....I miss him a lot

Originally Posted by icopjordans82

We were really close...I lived with him for 2 years when him and my mom got divorced.....he passed away when I was 16 (1999) tho.....I miss him a lot

sorry to hear that. 
frown.gif

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

hmmm so Freud was right. 
electra complex?

grin.gif
alien.gif

Freud was on the right path, he just let his perverted mind detour him.

the theory is somewhat tangible though, there are people whom have electra and oedipal complexes. they just don't know it....
the types of people that have drunk and abusive fathers and in-turn hook up with the same sort of cats. 
alien.gif

it's a subconscious thing for sure. Ionno about Freud being a pervert, sure it definitely sounded like that to most of us who learned about him in high school psychology. but dude was definitely on to something....

anyways, that's a topic for another day. you're weird even bringing it up....
indifferent.gif

He tried but both him and my mother never was good, Hell his own family never were on good terms. I never got to see him often. I had a step dad and he took over.

he provided a home, food, and a lot of confusion.
I'm grateful for him, but I hate the fact that I just started to realize certain things I DEF. need to change.

Just read the whole thread... Makes me wish I had father like some of you guys
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

It also makes me wanna be the best father I can be so my kids can feel the same way how some of you guys feel about your fathers...

Back
Top Bottom