What makes a shop your favorite shop?

Hot female workers...
pimp.gif

MAKE IT HAPPEN.

Whats goin on NT? If you aren't familiar, I am a shop owner and have really grown up on this board. Lot of info crossed me on here that has helped me getto where I am at now. I am always obsessed with being the best I can for my shop and clientele. So I ask NT what do you think makes a shop the best? Visual?Service? Just let me know. I really try and stay connected to everyone through all outlets... myspace, facebook, twitter, skype, aim I mean you name it you canget at my shop. Feel free to post, or inbox me. I just want some feedback. Any questions you guys got hit me up too. I mean I am just thankful to be in thesituation I am in.

I live in Tampa

Skate Park Of Tampa

best Dunks

o ya starbucks is pretty cool mostly my fav cause apparel and taste

nothing is special in the southern New England area....i live in prov. theres a joint called Brooklyn Country club thats straight for clothes and a jointExspressions for kicks

for me.

cool employees. sometimes ill just stop in see whats new.....talk about future releases and such....then have lil convos like its General Forum ya know. w/e

Customer recognition. My spot knows who I am everytime i walk in. Very friendly and know what type of brands I like.

Verdkyt^ Good point! I think sometimes I just have a tendency to know what they usually cop so I try and point my customers in their familiar lines.

yeah man. They always let me know personally via e-mail when they get new nikes or stuff they think I might like. Its kind of easier cause the shop is smallerand i'm there all the time. It might be harder for you if your shop is bigger and has more people that shop there.

Originally Posted by Verdykt

Customer recognition. My spot knows who I am everytime i walk in. Very friendly and know what type of brands I like.
Definitely.

and employee friendliness/attitude,
store design,
variety,
favorite brands,
etc.

display your stuff up where I can see it none of that in the glass under the counter type mess or ALL the way in the back of the store mess in a differentarea.

Be Cool and DONT BUM RUSH ME FOR A SALE

I love my place for all the stuff is where I can see it and he's wont rush me for a sale

Make sure your shop is always clean and organized.

Make sure to greet everyone who steps foot in the door. I know this is obvious but I cant believe some places still dont do this, ie TRUE.

In sneaker shops I hate shopping by brand. For gods sake put all the hoodies with the other hoodies and the jackets with the other jackets.

Play good music at a reasonable volume. I hate trying to yell a question to the sales rep, makes me feel like im in a club.

Make sure your sales reps are actually trained. Make sure they know exactly what they are selling and how to sell it. Example- I go to a local shop and dudetries to sell me these gr fruity ++$ dunks while im rockin preme blazers, and then points to my shoes and says "those are cool, we are getting those nextmonth"(
indifferent.gif
Keep in mind this was about 2 monthes ago.)

and finally there is my local skate shop that I hit up 3-4 times a month because the folks there are always helpfull and good for convo, and most importantlythey know about 60% of there customers by their first name.

hope some of this helps

Play good music at a reasonable volume. I hate trying to yell a question to the sales rep, makes me feel like im in a club.
Right! I keep the music low but loud enough to hear it clear.

Good points you made Max. Its hard to find employees that just have that love for the game to stay up to par like a normal sneakerhead would. Its like youmight love sneakers but not know how to sell or vice versa. A lot of people have trouble understanding that some people that come in arent up on the kicks orclothes like you would imagine.

Rushing people is annoying.

-workers attitude
-SALES
-familiar faces
-treat everyone with the same respect
-freebies
-everyone should feel comfortable there including you

Customer service, especially with the luxury of the internet, which is usually more convenient and cheaper. Customer Service is really the only thing thatsgonna differentiate you.

Thing is almost all of these shops have the same exact product and generally a similar price point so for me the deciding factor becomes ATTITUDE.

When I walk in makes sure you say what's up or hello, and I'm not talking about the supreme-esqe arrogant head nod while you are talking on the phoneabout grabbing a sack, it is a retail outlet no matter what they sell. I seriously want people to be like "hello, how are you doing? Can I help you? Whatare you looking for?". That is the bear minimum. The stores that I frequent are the ones where dudes/owners chop it up with you. I don't need dudesgoing out of there way to make me have a conversation when I am just looking for a pair of kicks, but the best shops are the ones where it is like visitingyour boy. You show me love when I walk in the door, I will reward you with loyalty to your shop and probably tell other people to check it out.

On the other hand, there is stores I won't even step in because the employee attitude is so out of hand. One by me you can't even walk in withoutgetting ice grilled. Dudes looking you up and down like you a woman, judging every aspect of your fit. Apparently I am enough of a "sneakerhead" toget a pass to step foot in there, but I have people who walked in the store just to peep it and the owner didn't even want to help them because theyweren't "cool" enough. I feel like yo, I don't need to throw on my rarest hypebrand X hypebrand collab Tee, my most expensive raw denim, andmy most expensive kicks just to walk in your store. I'm trying to give YOU money, not the other way around. You give me attitude and I am going to turnaround, drive fifteen minutes down the road and get the exact same thing at another store. The only stores that can get away with this kind of thing are theones that have product you can't get ANYWHERE else, and even then I'm prone to say I guess I don't need it that bad.

Back
Top Bottom