WHATS YOUR FIST PAIR OF JORDANS AND STORY BEHIND IT

Third Grade...Mom brought home my first pair of Jordan's, White/Maroon VI's...Popped them on for Junior Olympics Long Jump thinking I could fly hahaha, and so it began!

Third Grade...Mom brought home my first pair of Jordan's, White/Maroon VI's...Popped them on for Junior Olympics Long Jump thinking I could fly hahaha, and so it began!

my first was a Jordan IV white black red (same as mars) when i was at 6th grade...that was 1989 or 1990 i think. my grandma was goin back and forth to the US and everytime she goes back to the Philippines she would bring back something for us. several years before she would bring back reeboks which became popular that time same as LA gear. but when i started reading stuff at SI and seeing some nba games once in awhile i came to know jordan more
smile.gif
i think i wrote to her or talked to her before goin back to the US and when she came back i got some IVs!!! i was the only one who had that shoe in my school and malls here in the phils didnt have them. only PX goods stores have them and only a few buy them because it seemed too expensive that time. from there on i got hooked with Js. next were Grapes Vs and then white maroon VIs and so on and so forth...jordans were already being released at malls after the 4s so it was more available in the phils at that time...

my first was a Jordan IV white black red (same as mars) when i was at 6th grade...that was 1989 or 1990 i think. my grandma was goin back and forth to the US and everytime she goes back to the Philippines she would bring back something for us. several years before she would bring back reeboks which became popular that time same as LA gear. but when i started reading stuff at SI and seeing some nba games once in awhile i came to know jordan more
smile.gif
i think i wrote to her or talked to her before goin back to the US and when she came back i got some IVs!!! i was the only one who had that shoe in my school and malls here in the phils didnt have them. only PX goods stores have them and only a few buy them because it seemed too expensive that time. from there on i got hooked with Js. next were Grapes Vs and then white maroon VIs and so on and so forth...jordans were already being released at malls after the 4s so it was more available in the phils at that time...

Wow, this makes me feel old after reading some of these other posts...I got the OG IVs when I was 9 (back in 1989). No real story behind them, except my older brother had the red, white and black I and then he got the IIs the next year. I guess I got them because I wanted to be like my big brother (and the IVs were way dope!)

Wow, this makes me feel old after reading some of these other posts...I got the OG IVs when I was 9 (back in 1989). No real story behind them, except my older brother had the red, white and black I and then he got the IIs the next year. I guess I got them because I wanted to be like my big brother (and the IVs were way dope!)

I always wanted a pair of Jordans growing up, I asked for them every year but my parents always said no. When the XIs came out my mom thought they looked so ugly but she saw the Black/Red XI low at a Champs but when we went to buy them they were sold out of my size. So my first First pair was the OG Jordan XII White/Black-taxi...I was 13 and had to work the whole summer of 1996 for my mom because she didn't want to spend so much on shoes. So I saved my money from the summer and when the release day came my Mom didn't even take me to buy them (parents were divorced) my Dad picked me up from school and took me to Sports Chalet. Funny thing is she ended up buying me the OG Black/White XII for my 8th grade graduation as my second pair of Jordans. So in a way my mom helped start my collection. I still have my first pair and they are in great condition.

I always wanted a pair of Jordans growing up, I asked for them every year but my parents always said no. When the XIs came out my mom thought they looked so ugly but she saw the Black/Red XI low at a Champs but when we went to buy them they were sold out of my size. So my first First pair was the OG Jordan XII White/Black-taxi...I was 13 and had to work the whole summer of 1996 for my mom because she didn't want to spend so much on shoes. So I saved my money from the summer and when the release day came my Mom didn't even take me to buy them (parents were divorced) my Dad picked me up from school and took me to Sports Chalet. Funny thing is she ended up buying me the OG Black/White XII for my 8th grade graduation as my second pair of Jordans. So in a way my mom helped start my collection. I still have my first pair and they are in great condition.

shoes_nike_air_jordan_13c.jpg

Was 13 years old and my mom wouldn't by them for me. She told me I had to get a job (thinking I wouldn't because I was too young) So I forged my birth certificate to make it look like I was 16 and got a job at Chuck E Cheese. I looked a a pic of the shoes everyday. (It was in a magazine a month before the shoes dropped) And that Saturdaymorning when the shoes dropped I got on the bus, went to Sharpstown Mall (H-town baby!!!) I got my Js.

shoes_nike_air_jordan_13c.jpg

Was 13 years old and my mom wouldn't by them for me. She told me I had to get a job (thinking I wouldn't because I was too young) So I forged my birth certificate to make it look like I was 16 and got a job at Chuck E Cheese. I looked a a pic of the shoes everyday. (It was in a magazine a month before the shoes dropped) And that Saturdaymorning when the shoes dropped I got on the bus, went to Sharpstown Mall (H-town baby!!!) I got my Js.

black/gold air jordan 1 patent leathers. my friend had the blk/white/red ones and i had to have them. i used them for youth basketball. i loved them to death.

black/gold air jordan 1 patent leathers. my friend had the blk/white/red ones and i had to have them. i used them for youth basketball. i loved them to death.

Back
Top Bottom