WHATS YOUR FIST PAIR OF JORDANS AND STORY BEHIND IT

My first pair was the OG blk V's (playoff V's) back in '90. Thanks mom & dad they bought my first 5 pair of jordan's until i started working @ age 15.

My first pair was the OG blk V's (playoff V's) back in '90. Thanks mom & dad they bought my first 5 pair of jordan's until i started working @ age 15.

To totally date myself...back in 8th grade I need shoes for the basketball team so I saw in the Big 5 circular they had Air Jordans for $20 (the 1s when they were like $60 a year before). So went to Big 5 and got the black/blue 1s to match my teams uniforms.My next Jordans would be the black/white XIIs in 1997 that took all my Sears paycheck

To totally date myself...back in 8th grade I need shoes for the basketball team so I saw in the Big 5 circular they had Air Jordans for $20 (the 1s when they were like $60 a year before). So went to Big 5 and got the black/blue 1s to match my teams uniforms.My next Jordans would be the black/white XIIs in 1997 that took all my Sears paycheck

My uncle passed down a near DS pair of infrared VI's... he's only 12 years older than I, so he'd pass me his hand me down sneakers that he knew I liked... those, the Dee Brown pumps, the Michael Chang pumps, OG Shaqs, and OG Tailwinds.

I rocked those in 7th grade like a boss ('94).

The first new pair I owned were the Playoff XII's... my dad took me to Foot Locker, asked what they had in my size (16), and all they had were those and some 2 year old Emmitts... he turned to me and said "I know you don't want those dusty assed Reeboks" and that was that. I rocked them til the sole fell off. I got a DS pair in the closet and they'll always have a place in my heart... right next to my first love & the loss of my virginity.
The first pair I bought myself were the first XIV's. I copped those & the matching shirt & backpack... there went my Target check that week. Plus to that, Halloween was either that weekend or the next and I talked up a nice young lady at a HW party who noticed my matching skills and to make a short story shorter, I lost my virginity that night.

Kinda odd to make that correlation but *shrugs*.

My uncle passed down a near DS pair of infrared VI's... he's only 12 years older than I, so he'd pass me his hand me down sneakers that he knew I liked... those, the Dee Brown pumps, the Michael Chang pumps, OG Shaqs, and OG Tailwinds.

I rocked those in 7th grade like a boss ('94).

The first new pair I owned were the Playoff XII's... my dad took me to Foot Locker, asked what they had in my size (16), and all they had were those and some 2 year old Emmitts... he turned to me and said "I know you don't want those dusty assed Reeboks" and that was that. I rocked them til the sole fell off. I got a DS pair in the closet and they'll always have a place in my heart... right next to my first love & the loss of my virginity.
The first pair I bought myself were the first XIV's. I copped those & the matching shirt & backpack... there went my Target check that week. Plus to that, Halloween was either that weekend or the next and I talked up a nice young lady at a HW party who noticed my matching skills and to make a short story shorter, I lost my virginity that night.

Kinda odd to make that correlation but *shrugs*.

Don't know if it was my first, but the one I can mostly remember was my grails, OG Flint XIII's. My parents bought em for me while we were in LA. Fell in love with them right when I opened the box. Wore those shoes to the ground.

Don't know if it was my first, but the one I can mostly remember was my grails, OG Flint XIII's. My parents bought em for me while we were in LA. Fell in love with them right when I opened the box. Wore those shoes to the ground.

My first pair of jordans were the patent leather red/black jordan 1 in 6th grade. I wanted a pair of jordans so bad but my feet kept growing. My mom said she wouldnt spend over $100 dollars on shoes for a boy in elementary school. I begged and begged for months. She made some extra money and said she will buy me and my brother a pair of non payless shoes. Went to the store, asked for a size 14 shoe (had huge feet at a young age) they only had the 1s and a pair of team jordans. I bought the 1s. Greatest day of my life
happy.gif

My first pair of jordans were the patent leather red/black jordan 1 in 6th grade. I wanted a pair of jordans so bad but my feet kept growing. My mom said she wouldnt spend over $100 dollars on shoes for a boy in elementary school. I begged and begged for months. She made some extra money and said she will buy me and my brother a pair of non payless shoes. Went to the store, asked for a size 14 shoe (had huge feet at a young age) they only had the 1s and a pair of team jordans. I bought the 1s. Greatest day of my life
happy.gif

Air Jordan I....1985, I was Twelve. Michael Jordan's shoes, NUFF SAID....oh, they were 65$.

C O O K # 45
get fit.

Air Jordan I....1985, I was Twelve. Michael Jordan's shoes, NUFF SAID....oh, they were 65$.

C O O K # 45
get fit.

I was 6 or 7 and my parents bought me a pair of the royal blue 1s. I am still trying to find some pictures. I put them on and then went over to the arcade and played air hockey with my Dad. I wish life was still that simple.

I was 6 or 7 and my parents bought me a pair of the royal blue 1s. I am still trying to find some pictures. I put them on and then went over to the arcade and played air hockey with my Dad. I wish life was still that simple.

Originally Posted by create24chaos

Mine were in fourth grade.  The OG Jordan 1's in blk/red.  Got them at JCPenny's for about $60.00.  I was one of two kids in school that had them, the other guy was Richard MGee.  I had no idea how hot they were other than the wings around the basketball logo.  This was around the time that break dancing broke out for us and parachute pants were in. My pops said I had the choice between parachutes or Jordans.  My brothers chose the pants, I went with the J's.  The rest is history.
mine were the og wht/blk/rd.  my grandpa(rip) got them for me from jcpenny's as well.  lol.  he thought the price was ridiculous for a pair of shoes, but we had just moved in with him because my parents had split up.  i'm sure he felt sorry for me.  little did he know he was starting an addiction.

Originally Posted by create24chaos

Mine were in fourth grade.  The OG Jordan 1's in blk/red.  Got them at JCPenny's for about $60.00.  I was one of two kids in school that had them, the other guy was Richard MGee.  I had no idea how hot they were other than the wings around the basketball logo.  This was around the time that break dancing broke out for us and parachute pants were in. My pops said I had the choice between parachutes or Jordans.  My brothers chose the pants, I went with the J's.  The rest is history.
mine were the og wht/blk/rd.  my grandpa(rip) got them for me from jcpenny's as well.  lol.  he thought the price was ridiculous for a pair of shoes, but we had just moved in with him because my parents had split up.  i'm sure he felt sorry for me.  little did he know he was starting an addiction.

My first pair were the black/red VIII's. I was 13 and I got them for my birthday. I remember walking into a champs at the mall. I looked up at the wall & saw the VIII's. Pointed at them & asked "how bout those?". I thought she was gonna say no, but it was worth a shot. She looked at the price & said "whatever. its your birthday." I was trippin. HAHA! Another interesting note was the fact that the white/black 9's just came out. I passed on them thinking they looked weird. Hell, even the employee said they weren't selling. Who knew that they would turn out to be a classic. 

My first pair were the black/red VIII's. I was 13 and I got them for my birthday. I remember walking into a champs at the mall. I looked up at the wall & saw the VIII's. Pointed at them & asked "how bout those?". I thought she was gonna say no, but it was worth a shot. She looked at the price & said "whatever. its your birthday." I was trippin. HAHA! Another interesting note was the fact that the white/black 9's just came out. I passed on them thinking they looked weird. Hell, even the employee said they weren't selling. Who knew that they would turn out to be a classic. 

My first pair of Jordan brand kicks were the jumpman pro quicks when I was in 10th grade. I worked hard that summer to come back to school fresh. My first Air Jordans were the og white/red xiv though. I've been hooked ever since.

My first pair of Jordan brand kicks were the jumpman pro quicks when I was in 10th grade. I worked hard that summer to come back to school fresh. My first Air Jordans were the og white/red xiv though. I've been hooked ever since.

Originally Posted by FeedTheEgo1982

haha, i have a pair of those pro quicks !

Originally Posted by FeedTheEgo1982

haha, i have a pair of those pro quicks !

Back
Top Bottom