WHATS YOUR FIST PAIR OF JORDANS AND STORY BEHIND IT

Mine were in fourth grade.  The OG Jordan 1's in blk/red.  Got them at JCPenny's for about $60.00.  I was one of two kids in school that had them, the other guy was Richard MGee.  I had no idea how hot they were other than the wings around the basketball logo.  This was around the time that break dancing broke out for us and parachute pants were in. My pops said I had the choice between parachutes or Jordans.  My brothers chose the pants, I went with the J's.  The rest is history.

Mine were in fourth grade.  The OG Jordan 1's in blk/red.  Got them at JCPenny's for about $60.00.  I was one of two kids in school that had them, the other guy was Richard MGee.  I had no idea how hot they were other than the wings around the basketball logo.  This was around the time that break dancing broke out for us and parachute pants were in. My pops said I had the choice between parachutes or Jordans.  My brothers chose the pants, I went with the J's.  The rest is history.

Bordeaux VII and then the Raptor VII 2nd grade.... still pissed my mom didnt get me the infrared VI's the year before

Bordeaux VII and then the Raptor VII 2nd grade.... still pissed my mom didnt get me the infrared VI's the year before

i always wanted jordans growing up especially in junior high in 95 but couldnt afford them until later, so my first pair was the quickstrike XX's and ive been consumed ever since

i always wanted jordans growing up especially in junior high in 95 but couldnt afford them until later, so my first pair was the quickstrike XX's and ive been consumed ever since

growing up i remember 1x i was going up the stairs at my elementary school and seeing some og xis as i looked up at the kid in front of me. i always knew how valuable shoes were cuz i was reminded everytime we went to the freakin shoe store we cudnt afford them. one of my best friends was the youngest and got EVERY release as a gift from her older siblings. i used to sit and stare at her closet thinking damn ive had these 30$ orange air forces for over a year. I ALWAYS kept up with the release dates, even though i never got me a pair. IDK why. then in 03 i remember looking at, i think it was shoecollector's release dates and looking at the patent 1 in carolina blue. oh gosh i fell in love. i begged my mom , and she surprisingly promised she would. 3 weeks be4 the RD i went to the mall with my mom walked into a store here in LA called salvatory, and there they were!!! idk how but i walked out of that store with them beautiful babies and took them to school the very next day. i remember EVERYONE AT SCHOOL was like wth! how did u get em? they dont release till another couple weeks. i remeber so CLEARLY my young *!@ smiling like damn this is the best day lol. aww good memories.

growing up i remember 1x i was going up the stairs at my elementary school and seeing some og xis as i looked up at the kid in front of me. i always knew how valuable shoes were cuz i was reminded everytime we went to the freakin shoe store we cudnt afford them. one of my best friends was the youngest and got EVERY release as a gift from her older siblings. i used to sit and stare at her closet thinking damn ive had these 30$ orange air forces for over a year. I ALWAYS kept up with the release dates, even though i never got me a pair. IDK why. then in 03 i remember looking at, i think it was shoecollector's release dates and looking at the patent 1 in carolina blue. oh gosh i fell in love. i begged my mom , and she surprisingly promised she would. 3 weeks be4 the RD i went to the mall with my mom walked into a store here in LA called salvatory, and there they were!!! idk how but i walked out of that store with them beautiful babies and took them to school the very next day. i remember EVERYONE AT SCHOOL was like wth! how did u get em? they dont release till another couple weeks. i remeber so CLEARLY my young *!@ smiling like damn this is the best day lol. aww good memories.

i was bout a year old haha, had original fire red V's. still got the black and cement box. no pics of me wearing them though, that sux

i was bout a year old haha, had original fire red V's. still got the black and cement box. no pics of me wearing them though, that sux

had many when I was a jit but this one I remember and will forever be my grail  ...playoff/allstar 13's .. 6th grade not to much back story on it ..sister who Ive never met came to visit me for the first time and she brought me a pair of playoff's as a gift I remember looking at them and was like damn  I probably tried them on about 10 times before the night was over
laugh.gif

my sister was suppose to stay for a week ..but that morning I woke up for school she left without saying good bye and I haven't seen her since  I have no idea where she is now .. she's doing good last I heard from family members.. rocked them joints to school we had uniforms tho
indifferent.gif
 but all the kids where telling me that I had the best shoes in the school house ..went to the school dance later that day and got a minor scuff on them ..I was hot as hell  

but that's about it so everytime I see a pair I think of her and the day I got them that's why come January ...3 pairs easy will be copped

had many when I was a jit but this one I remember and will forever be my grail  ...playoff/allstar 13's .. 6th grade not to much back story on it ..sister who Ive never met came to visit me for the first time and she brought me a pair of playoff's as a gift I remember looking at them and was like damn  I probably tried them on about 10 times before the night was over
laugh.gif

my sister was suppose to stay for a week ..but that morning I woke up for school she left without saying good bye and I haven't seen her since  I have no idea where she is now .. she's doing good last I heard from family members.. rocked them joints to school we had uniforms tho
indifferent.gif
 but all the kids where telling me that I had the best shoes in the school house ..went to the school dance later that day and got a minor scuff on them ..I was hot as hell  

but that's about it so everytime I see a pair I think of her and the day I got them that's why come January ...3 pairs easy will be copped

My first pair were the Shadow X's. Got them on my birthday and my mom was so pissed because of the price. I remember when I wore them to school, kids tried to jack them from me. I never understood why at the time, but its sad that that still happens today.

My first pair were the Shadow X's. Got them on my birthday and my mom was so pissed because of the price. I remember when I wore them to school, kids tried to jack them from me. I never understood why at the time, but its sad that that still happens today.

Back
Top Bottom