Which do you prefer?Original or Retro's?

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

The OG's and 2000-2001 Retro of the 11's is what I take over the Newer retros, because of the complete overhaul of the shape/look. Same with the 4's, and 9's with the "banana" type shape mold.

Anything else if fair game as long as they are made with fair quality.

this

Originally Posted by eddo1005

Originally Posted by swingshot

Originally Posted by Executive76

Retro XIV > OG XIV...no paint chipping/peeling ftw>

Plenty of paint chipping and peeling on my OG XIVs.
hmmm............????????????????????????
double hmmmmm. my original XIV's are still in perfect condition after countless wears.

... For some shoes where only I can afford to, I have my OG's on ice and get a few pair of retros.  OG and it's era is far greater than the hypebeast of today's retro's. 

Yea, OG'S are the best. But I like J's I can wear that wont crumble, OG'S and retros I like both.

og's are the best hands down..   no comparison..
30t6p3b.gif

I'm definitely down with the OG's.
If Jordan Brand used the same materials on the new retros today, it'd be like wearing og sneakers everytime without the need to worry about them breaking apart.
OG FTW!

I really like the originals better but I will settle for the retros because you can wear them.

I am interested in purchasing the Jordan CDP IV's in size 10.5 or 11

OG's of course.. The only thing that will discourage you is the price & it's wearability.

for the most part ill take a retro only thing is the quality tends to suck compared to the ogs but most retro i like and the Jumpman dont bother me either... like the insole of the newer Jordan I's is really similar to the insole of a Reebok Classic very comfortable and the older Jordan I's i cant wear em for too long:.

You can't go wrong with Original. I'm still waiting for the O.G. XIV indigo's to retro

i genuinely don't care. i wear all my kicks, and if i like the colours and they are wearable, i'll get them.

Need to factor in:
1) colourway. i like retro+ as much as OG. some of either are clearly better than the other. I'm not an exclusivist for either, that would be silly. Colours are colours, the labels "og" or "retro" is irrelevant to me.
2) are they wearable? clearly og builds are better, but when you look at how old some og's are, they are clearly not wearable, so in many instances, retro is the only way to go for me.

ultimately, to a shoe wearer (NOT a collector), the titles "og" and "retro" are essentially arbitrary.

ogs all day, people need to respect ogs more cause without them we wouldnt have retros....i hate retros, og quality is much better too, plus the boxes are dope too

Originally Posted by VietStar

It depends...
For collection purposes- OG's
For Wearing purposes- Retro's
I like this answer..... I lean towards Retros since I wear all of mine

Back
Top Bottom