Why Do A lot of Woman Take Valentine's day serious????

Any woman who claims that Valentine's is not a big deal is lying. They will look at all of her friends celebrating and then will reevaluate her relationship with her man.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

No wonder some of you have so many girl problems, over thinking.
I never understood comments like this.

Why make that statement as if the people "over thinking" in this thread are the same ones making the female problems threads?
I was talking about NT as a whole, of course I don't know anyone specific. You took the wrong part of my statement any way. Is it really that hard to figure out why girls take Valentine's Day serious? Because it's one day out of the whole year dedicated to showing you care. Of course there's other days and even unmarked days you should doing something nice for your partner, but if you care about the person, why care? Is it that hard that people gotta ask themselves this?... Why is it a big deal that it's day we're "told" to do it?
tired.gif

I have never cared about valentine's day, i hate feeling like my guy wasted money and going out to a restaurant and spending an obscene amount of money/buying flowers that are gonna die anyway/giving me chocolate that's gonna make me fat are definitely all wastes of money
laugh.gif

Same reason why drug dealers take the 1st and 15th of the month so serious........They make out better than everybody else at the end of the day

Originally Posted by cocolicious

I'm a girl and I never cared about Valentines day. It just seems so stupid to me. I'll get something special for you whenever I feel like doing it not because of some stupid day. And don't care about about getting gifts but if I do get gifts, I would consider it more special if it was on a random day and not for a holiday.

For you married/long term relationship dudes, do anniversaries matter to you? Or do you do it because she wants to.

as u get older they matter less and less. However, u better not forget the day.
laugh.gif
i dont go all out for em or holidays and my wiz dont care. Shed rather we spend the money on our daughter.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by Been Fly Since 85

V-DAY isnt to bad for me, all my girl has wanted on V-DAY the last few years is to go out to dinner to a place we havent been before. To mw this is perfectly fine, I love going out to eat and why not try new places?
Theres nothing wrong with going out to eat and trying new places.  In fact, this is one of my favorite hobbies (i'm a fat kid who loves to eat good food).

The problem with doing this on Vday is

1.  impossible to get a reservation at a hot restaurant unless you planned it all out atleast a month in advance.  I barely know what I wanna eat for dinner tonight let alone a month from now.
2.  a lot of fine dining establishment will put out a "special" (ie. BS) prix fixe V-day menu that is more expensive than their normal menu.  Basically they know you have to play the "game" so they try to jack up their prices to take advantage.  (this may just apply to me) I usually dont order dessert when I go out to eat unless that restaurant is really known for desserts or has a really good pastry chef or something like that.  These damn overpriced prix fixe menus all include dessert which I am paying for and dont even want to eat.  The only thing I hate more than getting overcharged is getting overcharged for $%%% I dont even want.

I  have no clue what you are talking about. I went to Ruth Chris last Valentines Day and I had a 3 course meal for 40 each. Thats a lil cheaper than typical Ruth Chris price.

Originally Posted by south sole

Any woman who claims that Valentine's is not a big deal is lying. They will look at all of her friends celebrating and then will reevaluate her relationship with her man.

I have a wedding anniversary to celebrate. Vday is not a big deal.  And it really hasn't ever been.  Do I like feeling special and pampered? Sure.  But to do so because a day dictates it feels a little forced and loses some of the meaning.  On the few occasions my husband and I did acknowledge it we exchanged little gifts and that was it.  When your significant other surprises you on a random day it means so much more than having a calendar tell them it's the day to do something 'special'.  And it doesn't even have to be big or extravagant either.  Like one time I was sick and my husband got up early to go get me my favorite coffee and some breakfast.  Way better than coming home on Feb 14th with a box of chocolates and some flowers.  And if a couple celebrates vday?  More power to them.  That's their relationship.  But it's stupid to lot the group of us together, thinking we all feel the same way about a day. 

I do like cutely Valentines day cards though
embarassed.gif

they all say they dont care about valentinesday, but if you dont get them anything they get upset, cause you forgot about valentinesday...

why are you guys always assuming? 
laugh.gif
... if anything we guys are the ones that make a huge deal out of it (see: this thread). 

Originally Posted by proper english

why are you guys always assuming? 
laugh.gif
... if anything we guys are the ones that make a huge deal out of it (see: this thread). 
If women didn't care about valentines day/anniversaries etc, most guys wouldn't give a $$##$. I bet you a female dominated forum would have more threads about valentines day with 100s of pages.

For you married/long term relationship dudes, do anniversaries matter to you? Or do you do it because she wants to.

Yes, anniversaries definitely matter but I'd say it matters more for her.  I have to remind myself each year when our anniversary is approaching, whereas, she can recall the date in milliseconds.  I suppose it doesn't matter as much to me because we're not married yet.  I'm sure our wedding anniversary will be very important to me in the future.

Yeah, I'm w Nawth on this... It's just not that srs. Every time I've had a bf on Vday, they were the ones who felt it necessary to buy me all this crap. I mean it's nice & all, but Jesus **** I can't take another stuffed animal x box of chocolates x red roses collabo. Wait... scratch that, I still love roses. Everything else is just a little much & way unnecessary. Dinner plans are still nice, though!

Back
Top Bottom