Why I Should Move To California VS Why I Should Not Move To California

remember, the only thing NY has going for is NYC...
CA has: SF, LA, SD, PS, SB, etc.. etc... and were driving distance from LV 
pimp.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by wHo NicE as HiM

koreatown closer to hollywood is cheap, kinda safe and impressive ...i'd look to live there, if not k-town then venice beach or marina del rey
hahahaha you are talking completely different housing prices though.  you might be able to find something near venice/mar vista that kinda comes close to ktown in terms of pricing, but MDR you gonna be hardpressed my friend.

back on topic.

IF you can afford it, CA is where you want to be.  Weather alone makes it worth it.

remember, the only thing NY has going for is NYC...
CA has: SF, LA, SD, PS, SB, etc.. etc... and were driving distance from LV 
pimp.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Rod301

If You Have No Fam Out There An Your Single Then I Wouldnt Even Suggest It... Especially If This Is Your 1st Time Leaving Home (NY). Its A Whole Nother Atmosphere... It Could Be A Change For The Better And At The Same Time It Could Be A Big Waste Of Time And Money... Jus Gotta Ask Yourself Are You Willing To Take That Risk Of Having A New Lifestyle.

this is pretty much also the reason too. me and my boy are really serious on moving. thing is he has never been. but we both are financially secure. its just the whole moving situation and finding a job there. i do have family in the bay area but im not trying to stay up there. 

Originally Posted by Rod301

If You Have No Fam Out There An Your Single Then I Wouldnt Even Suggest It... Especially If This Is Your 1st Time Leaving Home (NY). Its A Whole Nother Atmosphere... It Could Be A Change For The Better And At The Same Time It Could Be A Big Waste Of Time And Money... Jus Gotta Ask Yourself Are You Willing To Take That Risk Of Having A New Lifestyle.

this is pretty much also the reason too. me and my boy are really serious on moving. thing is he has never been. but we both are financially secure. its just the whole moving situation and finding a job there. i do have family in the bay area but im not trying to stay up there. 

Pros:
women(subjective)- [color= rgb(255, 255, 102)]It's an amazing place.[/color]
all types of fast food and legit food joints.- [color= rgb(255, 255, 51)]I love food, when it comes to it you can't lose in LA/NY/SF[/color]

beautiful weather almost 80% of the year. 
smokin.gif

by the water... everywhere- [color= rgb(255, 255, 51)]Not everywhere, the closer to the water they higher your rent will be, you wont care though.[/color]  
smokin.gif

car scene/roads (pch <3)- [color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]Nothing like a Sunday drive up/down PCH, beautiful.[/color]
Piff.

Partying.
[color= rgb(255, 255, 51)]Proximity to the following: Las Vegas, San Diego, Santa Barbara, and the mo[/color]untains for winter sports.

Cons.

91 octane -_-

Nothing like the NYC  - [color= rgb(255, 255, 51)]This is a pro.[/color]
laugh.gif

wildfires/earthquakes - Relative to where you live, and Earthquakes don't happen often. We are due though
nerd.gif

*!+*#+ ##* economy. (aint like ny is ballin out either) - [color= rgb(255, 255, 51)]this is a wash, economy is $!*$+% up everywhere.[/color]

Not sure if i like cali style. I ain't on that tight jean, jerkin, shufflin jumpoff. - I don't even know what you are talking 'bout here, stop watching youtube/WSHH, just like NY styles are diverse over here, be yourself or be someone else, your choice.

(F&F in NY) [color= rgb(255, 255, 51)]This is the biggest con for anyone that wants to uproot.[/color]

traffic? [color= rgb(255, 255, 51)]It will suck at first, but you will learn ways around it.[/color]

Originally Posted by mases apprentice

NY born and raised, but i feel like i live a cali life style. 

Pros:
women(subjective)
all types of fast food and legit food joints. 

by the water... everywhere 

car scene/roads (pch <3)
Piff. 

Partying. 

Cons.

91 octane -_-

Nothing like the NYC 

wildfires/earthquakes

*!+*#+ ##* economy. (aint like ny is ballin out either)

Not sure if i like cali style. I ain't on that tight jean, jerkin, shufflin jumpoff.

(F&F in NY)

traffic?

this isnt a make it or break it thread, more of a... need other heads input from both sides. i plan to make the move after i graduate college. Senior in college btw. 

Looking in the socal area. LA and Down. 

This is not a NY>CALI or a CALI>NY thread. just pointing out the good and bad with cali when compared to ny.They both are amazing places.  I have much love for california. 

Pros:
women(subjective)- [color= rgb(255, 255, 102)]It's an amazing place.[/color]
all types of fast food and legit food joints.- [color= rgb(255, 255, 51)]I love food, when it comes to it you can't lose in LA/NY/SF[/color]

smokin.gif

by the water... everywhere- [color= rgb(255, 255, 51)]Not everywhere, the closer to the water they higher your rent will be, you wont care though.[/color]  
smokin.gif

car scene/roads (pch <3)- [color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]Nothing like a Sunday drive up/down PCH, beautiful.[/color]
Piff.

Partying.
[color= rgb(255, 255, 51)]Proximity to the following: Las Vegas, San Diego, Santa Barbara, and the mo[/color]untains for winter sports.

Cons.

91 octane -_-

Nothing like the NYC  - [color= rgb(255, 255, 51)]This is a pro.[/color]
laugh.gif

wildfires/earthquakes - Relative to where you live, and Earthquakes don't happen often. We are due though
nerd.gif

*!+*#+ ##* economy. (aint like ny is ballin out either) - [color= rgb(255, 255, 51)]this is a wash, economy is $!*$+% up everywhere.[/color]

Not sure if i like cali style. I ain't on that tight jean, jerkin, shufflin jumpoff. - I don't even know what you are talking 'bout here, stop watching youtube/WSHH, just like NY styles are diverse over here, be yourself or be someone else, your choice.

(F&F in NY) [color= rgb(255, 255, 51)]This is the biggest con for anyone that wants to uproot.[/color]

traffic? [color= rgb(255, 255, 51)]It will suck at first, but you will learn ways around it.[/color]

Originally Posted by mases apprentice

NY born and raised, but i feel like i live a cali life style. 

Pros:
women(subjective)
all types of fast food and legit food joints. 

by the water... everywhere 

car scene/roads (pch <3)
Piff. 

Partying. 

Cons.

91 octane -_-

Nothing like the NYC 

wildfires/earthquakes

*!+*#+ ##* economy. (aint like ny is ballin out either)

Not sure if i like cali style. I ain't on that tight jean, jerkin, shufflin jumpoff.

(F&F in NY)

traffic?

this isnt a make it or break it thread, more of a... need other heads input from both sides. i plan to make the move after i graduate college. Senior in college btw. 

Looking in the socal area. LA and Down. 

This is not a NY>CALI or a CALI>NY thread. just pointing out the good and bad with cali when compared to ny.They both are amazing places.  I have much love for california. 

Lived in NY my whole life but I'm over it (for now). Once my boy finishes school in a year or 2 we're going on the road and moving to Cali.

Lived in NY my whole life but I'm over it (for now). Once my boy finishes school in a year or 2 we're going on the road and moving to Cali.

It's overrated bro.

- It's always sunny. You may like that, but I love seasons.
- Rent/housing is way way overpriced.
- Cost of living period is ridiculous.
- Unless your the best of the best at what you do, or transfer with your current company, you probably won't find sufficient work.
- Lots of women, but the women are fake. They are not the type to nestle down with.

It's overrated bro.

- Unless your the best of the best at what you do, or transfer with your current company, you probably won't find sufficient work.
- Lots of women, but the women are fake. They are not the type to nestle down with.

Even though rent is high and cost of living is high.  We don't live in closets. 

The roads are extremely well maintained also
pimp.gif

LOL

Compared to NYC,  yes our roads are well maintained.

cons

ITS NOT NYC
You need to come out to SoCal Steezy, you'll never go back.

It's overrated bro.

Never got the seasons argument, guess 'cause I grew up without them.  Everyone that I've known that went out East or to a 4 season state dreads it.  They all grew up in Cali, so it was a shock and they hate it.  85% of people that leave Cali for work/school can't wait to get back.

Housing is overpriced, you have to be smart about it.  I'm currently looking at ungentrified areas.  It is what it is, demand for housing is high, that should tell you something.

-Unless your best of the best- ? 
laugh.gif

- Women are fake- ?
laugh.gif
Where you hanging out b?  Hate this stereotype but I will let you tourist hang on to that while I talk to Cali women
wink.gif

Even though rent is high and cost of living is high.  We don't live in closets. 

The roads are extremely well maintained also
pimp.gif

LOL

Compared to NYC,  yes our roads are well maintained.

cons

ITS NOT NYC
You need to come out to SoCal Steezy, you'll never go back.

It's overrated bro.

Never got the seasons argument, guess 'cause I grew up without them.  Everyone that I've known that went out East or to a 4 season state dreads it.  They all grew up in Cali, so it was a shock and they hate it.  85% of people that leave Cali for work/school can't wait to get back.

Housing is overpriced, you have to be smart about it.  I'm currently looking at ungentrified areas.  It is what it is, demand for housing is high, that should tell you something.

-Unless your best of the best- ? 
laugh.gif

- Women are fake- ?
laugh.gif
Where you hanging out b?  Hate this stereotype but I will let you tourist hang on to that while I talk to Cali women
wink.gif

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

It's overrated bro.

You were going good until the last sentence. Huge generalization on your part. A Cali girl break your heart? Can't that be said about any girl in any state, city, or country?

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

It's overrated bro.

You were going good until the last sentence. Huge generalization on your part. A Cali girl break your heart? Can't that be said about any girl in any state, city, or country?

laugh.gif
Maybe I generalized a bit with more of the hollywood type. They got women OP...All kinds.

Edit: My bro is in Cali and he smashes...A lot, but dude is 32 with no semblence of settling down anytime soon. I guess do you.

laugh.gif
Maybe I generalized a bit with more of the hollywood type. They got women OP...All kinds.

Edit: My bro is in Cali and he smashes...A lot, but dude is 32 with no semblence of settling down anytime soon. I guess do you.

Back
Top Bottom