Why I Should Move To California VS Why I Should Not Move To California

Edit: My bro is in Cali and he smashes...A lot, but dude is 32 with no semblence of settling down anytime soon. I guess do you.
I chatting up a divorcee from Arkansas that got married at 22.  She moved out here with her then husband at 26.  She was shocked that people go "Damn" if you get married under 25 
laugh.gif
.  I hit 30 next year, and I'm in no rush.  I enjoy my liberties that I have at the moment, I've been on and off, but not close to the shackles some have with marriage.  Plus, I've grown/evolved so much from when I was 21-25. 

Your brother is a smart, smart man.

Edit: My bro is in Cali and he smashes...A lot, but dude is 32 with no semblence of settling down anytime soon. I guess do you.
I chatting up a divorcee from Arkansas that got married at 22.  She moved out here with her then husband at 26.  She was shocked that people go "Damn" if you get married under 25 
laugh.gif
.  I hit 30 next year, and I'm in no rush.  I enjoy my liberties that I have at the moment, I've been on and off, but not close to the shackles some have with marriage.  Plus, I've grown/evolved so much from when I was 21-25. 

Your brother is a smart, smart man.

Just remember, visiting is so much more different than living in an area. Not just Cali but anywhere you go.
Besides, tax is a killer
sick.gif

Just remember, visiting is so much more different than living in an area. Not just Cali but anywhere you go.
Besides, tax is a killer
sick.gif

Been in Cali (San Diego) for over 9 years and I love it.

I'm not the LA type but SD is perfect for me. As far as women, there are all types here. Just get one from a working class background who's grounded in reality and works toward realistic goals. Don't get caught up in those model/actress/entertainer/blogger types... they're the worse.

Actually, the wannabe scene chicks are the worse.

Been in Cali (San Diego) for over 9 years and I love it.

I'm not the LA type but SD is perfect for me. As far as women, there are all types here. Just get one from a working class background who's grounded in reality and works toward realistic goals. Don't get caught up in those model/actress/entertainer/blogger types... they're the worse.

Actually, the wannabe scene chicks are the worse.

The irony in the "fake" women stereotype is that the Cali women in question are the aspiring model/actress types that are transplants from other states.

Met too many of these girls and just keep it pushing.

The irony in the "fake" women stereotype is that the Cali women in question are the aspiring model/actress types that are transplants from other states.

Met too many of these girls and just keep it pushing.

My job is online. i run a website. i can do it anywhere i get internet. so finding a job isnt really a problem for me. its just the living situation and life style.

thanks for the useful replies.

Lived in CA all my life (Silicon Valley, NorCal)...went to college down in San Diego...there's a lot to love about California. I don't want to move away from here...I will consider relocating for jobs and doing grad school somewhere else, but when it comes to settling down I hope to do it here.

Pros:
Great weather, diversity, food, women, beaches, lots of great companies HQed here

Cons:
Higher taxes, cost of living is high, earthquakes (however...I would rather deal with earthquakes once every 10-20 years than deal with hurricanes and/or snowstorms damn near every year...)

Economy is bad everywhere, not just California. However, there's still so many great companies with big presence in both NorCal and SoCal.

Lived in CA all my life (Silicon Valley, NorCal)...went to college down in San Diego...there's a lot to love about California. I don't want to move away from here...I will consider relocating for jobs and doing grad school somewhere else, but when it comes to settling down I hope to do it here.

Pros:
Great weather, diversity, food, women, beaches, lots of great companies HQed here

Cons:
Higher taxes, cost of living is high, earthquakes (however...I would rather deal with earthquakes once every 10-20 years than deal with hurricanes and/or snowstorms damn near every year...)

Economy is bad everywhere, not just California. However, there's still so many great companies with big presence in both NorCal and SoCal.

My job is online. i run a website. i can do it anywhere i get internet. so finding a job isnt really a problem for me. its just the living situation and life style.

thanks for the useful replies.

debating on movin out there for schooling after this year. trying to get my DC either in LA or THEBAY area

debating on movin out there for schooling after this year. trying to get my DC either in LA or THEBAY area

I'm actually thinking of moving out their for my masters or after my masters, depending on the job opportunities for my field.

NYC born and raised myself...but NYC is getting played out after 26 years. I mean NYC is unique and def. one of the top cities to be in just based on the diversity of life over here...but that being said it's just hussle & bussle out here.

I'm taking a trip to san fran in mid august..hope that helps me get a slight feel for cali.

I'm actually thinking of moving out their for my masters or after my masters, depending on the job opportunities for my field.

NYC born and raised myself...but NYC is getting played out after 26 years. I mean NYC is unique and def. one of the top cities to be in just based on the diversity of life over here...but that being said it's just hussle & bussle out here.

I'm taking a trip to san fran in mid august..hope that helps me get a slight feel for cali.

I've always wanted to experience California..not the tourist crap..but just spend a month in California..and see how I like it..and if I could find a teaching job out there..but I got a girl that won't leave her family..so I'm not gonna even touch that topic..

I've always wanted to experience California..not the tourist crap..but just spend a month in California..and see how I like it..and if I could find a teaching job out there..but I got a girl that won't leave her family..so I'm not gonna even touch that topic..

Originally Posted by dmxgod

game over, stay home.

Originally Posted by dmxgod

game over, stay home.

Iv'e grown up in Nor-Cal my whole life. Been out in NYC here for the past two years and i plan on moving back home. I can say that i see myself living in Southern California, just don't know where exactly.

New York just seems so fast paced, and the seasons got to me at first, though it took some time to get used to that. I appreciate the cultures on both sides, but i will always have my heart in California.

I would like to explore other states, such as Illinois, Florida and Georgia so hopefully those moves will be made in the near future

Back
Top Bottom