X > MLKJR........... EASY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by 51and3rd

Mangudai954 wrote:
Who the hell compares people like that? They both made impacts..why cant we leave it at that?
Because it hurts that people want us to remember him but not Malcolm X..... aka Detroit Red...... there is a reason.

What people told us to not remember Malcom X?

You reaching fam,
niketalk

Originally Posted by dunks87

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Originally Posted by Barack 0drama

Why is it a competition tho?
I'm saying...he was better off making a thread on why he believes X should have his own day...as oppose to saying X deserves a day more than King. As if one's role mattered less than the other...eff outta here
smh.gif

QFT

Q F T

Originally Posted by asu334

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Both are respected but if Malcolm was our only leader in black liberation back then BLACKS WOULD HAVE GOTTEN NOWHERE
That made no sense...
You know the only reason things got better for blacks was through sympathy, seeing blacks get sprayed with hoses and beating with batons and responding non-violently. If Malcolm X was the civil rights leader his any means neccesary way of doing things would not have helped blacks at all but made things worse. Do you understand now?

That makes even less sense.

good topic. theres a reason white people love mlk and they bash malcolm x. when i was in high school my history teacher tried to **** on malcolm x so i had toget on her ***. a lot of people dont read so they just accept whatever they hear in casual conversation. i hear plenty of silly black people say dumb stuffabout malcolm x cuz they refuse to read and learn something

Both are appreciated but when X came out at first he was way too of a radical (his hate of the whites was just
eek.gif
)

and this coming from one that praises Che

They are both great men. People today underestimate the will that MLK had. How many people could protest non violently while getting your +%$ beat, bit by dogsand killed. Any person would want to %@%% someone up after that, but to keep your composure and not get violent is truly amazing

Both are respected but if Malcolm was our only leader in black liberation back then BLACKS WOULD HAVE GOTTEN NOWHERE
That made no sense...
You know the only reason things got better for blacks was through sympathy, seeing blacks get sprayed with hoses and beating with batons and responding non-violently. If Malcolm X was the civil rights leader his any means neccesary way of doing things would not have helped blacks at all but made things worse. Do you understand now?

then theres no hope for u
happy.gif

Co-sign OP. I was going to mention this in the MLK thread but I thought it wasn't the best timing. After doing tons of research
on both men, I identified more with Malcolm X and felt his impact was just as strong and so in turn should be remembered and
honored the same as King. This year I'm going to celebrate is birthday and take the day off.

That made no sense...

happy.gif
First of all....by "black liberation"...I assume that you mean "civil rights" because black liberation is still an on goingprocess.

Secondly, thats a ******ed hypothetical. If MLK was our only leader during the civil rights era...we would have gotten absolutely nowhere either.

Lastly, if you think that the only reason that things got better for "blacks" is because of sympathy....there is no hope for you
happy.gif

That made no sense...

happy.gif
First of all....by "black liberation"...I assume that you mean "civil rights" because black liberation is still an on going process.

Secondly, thats a ******ed hypothetical. If MLK was our only leader during the civil rights era...we would have gotten absolutely nowhere either.

Lastly, if you think that the only reason that things got better for "blacks" is because of sympathy....there is no hope for you
happy.gif
there u go i thought it didnt make any sense but u seem to break it down and have an arguement against it. So what I said made perfect sense youjust disagree with it

One of the many underlining themes of the Civil rights movement was to protest and peace so the nation would see that peace protestors were being harmed andskin color would not be a factor but seeing people being treated inhumaely would force a call to action. Sympathy may be a bad word to describe it tho
grin.gif
There was no one leader in the movement I know this because my uncleRev. Fred Shuttlesworth (look it up) was a big part of the non violent movement
happy.gif

Im simply saying that Malcolm's way of doing things would have not have been a positive way to gain justice at that time. To say X did as much as King didfor Civil Rights is too preposterous to acclaim

ggarvinXX3 wrote:
I understand what your saying OP, from what i was told (buy a Muslim by the way) that Martin was getting founded by
white people to travel all around the country to preach peace to blacks while Malcolm was doing the "By any means Necessary"
approach getting blacks ready to bust off on white people which would have been disastrous, the white man did not
want this so they had X killed... this is what i was told but im not too sure about this but it does make some sense.

In a nut shell. MLK was a product of the white society at the time. He said what we wanted to hear and did what they wanted him to do. X did what was best forour people at the time.The whole US turned their backs on MLK after he opposed the War in Vietnam and cheated on his wife and it took like yrs after his deathbefore he was considered a hero again.

pleasesaythe4th wrote:
good topic. theres a reason white people love mlk and they bash malcolm x. when i was in high school my history teacher tried to **** on malcolm x so i had to get on her ***. a lot of people dont read so they just accept whatever they hear in casual conversation. i hear plenty of silly black people say dumb stuff about malcolm x cuz they refuse to read and learn something

THANK YOU, when you guys stop takin everything that the school puts in your head and actually read on on what was really goin down then give me your opinion.They dont gave X any love and they do want him forgotten because *+#* aint changed and the sooner yall learn this the sooner we'll all be.

while i respect what Malcolm stood for the big difference was that Malcolm only talked it, Martin walked it.

Martin combined rhetoric with well thought out and pragmatic calls for action. marches, sit-ins, legal challenges through court systems etc. Those things areultimately what makes any movement successful.

Back
Top Bottom