buy n sell forum ...

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Originally Posted by Method Man

the buyer should pay those fees
Deal with it. 
This whole "you can save 4% by sending payment as a gift" scam is exactly how a lot of people get ripped off.  

Your base asking price should be set under the assumption that buyers will use paypal. 
i have received payment as gift plenty of times. never scammed anyone.

this..but.... i never send money as a gift

Deal with it. 
This whole "you can save 4% by sending payment as a gift" scam is exactly how a lot of people get ripped off.  

Your base asking price should be set under the assumption that buyers will use paypal. 
i have received payment as gift plenty of times. never scammed anyone.

this..but.... i never send money as a gift

Originally Posted by iYen

why not? i let them know from jump send as gift or cover the 4% never had a problem to this day
The buyer shouldn't spend more money so the seller can earn more money because they want to avoid paying paypal fees that they agreed to when they made a paypal acccount.
Why should the buyer pay the 4%?

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

You mean those fees that paypal is supposed to charge you for using their service?

you sound like a corporate puppet.

F PAYPAL

Oh cool, insult me instead of answering the question.

how is the seller earning more $ its covering the fees........the person pays the 4% or they dont get the item why should I pay the fees when someone else wants an item I have....

why not? i let them know from jump send as gift or cover the 4% never had a problem to this day
The buyer shouldn't spend more money so the seller can earn more money because they want to avoid paying paypal fees that they agreed to when they made a paypal acccount.

You mean those fees that paypal is supposed to charge you for using their service?

F PAYPAL

how is the seller earning more $ its covering the fees........the person pays the 4% or they dont get the item why should I pay the fees when someone else wants an item I have....

Deal with it. 

i have sent as gift and received payment as gift plenty of times. never scammed anyone nor did i get scammed.

but what prevents you from building a good reputation and then scamming people

Deal with it. 

i have sent as gift and received payment as gift plenty of times. never scammed anyone nor did i get scammed.

if paypal provides a better service i'd be more willing to pay the 4% fees when selling. but they strictly cater to buyers so screw them.

bottom line is when buying from me, you can send the payment as a gift so i can provide a reasonable price or if your not comfortable doing that i offer buyers the option of covering the fees but either way i get the same amount of money

if paypal provides a better service i'd be more willing to pay the 4% fees when selling. but they strictly cater to buyers so screw them.

bottom line is when buying from me, you can send the payment as a gift so i can provide a reasonable price or if your not comfortable doing that i offer buyers the option of covering the fees but either way i get the same amount of money

when i pay for something i pay the 4% as a courtesy and to protect myself.im buying the item that i am interested in so i see no problem in it. 

when i pay for something i pay the 4% as a courtesy and to protect myself.im buying the item that i am interested in so i see no problem in it. 

I send money as a gift sometimes. Just be sure to send it with a credit card so you can do a chargeback if you get scammed. If you send it with a debit, then you're not protected.

Originally Posted by go rilla

Deal with it. 

its pointless if your selling on here or ebay especially on here.....

Deal with it. 

its pointless if your selling on here or ebay especially on here.....

I send money as a gift sometimes. Just be sure to send it with a credit card so you can do a chargeback if you get scammed. If you send it with a debit, then you're not protected.

F PAYPAL

its the truth, your a corporate puppet.  what does it bother you if i sell things my way.  if you don't like how i do business then turn off your station

F PAYPAL

its the truth, your a corporate puppet.  what does it bother you if i sell things my way.  if you don't like how i do business then turn off your station

exactly the attitide any buyer using paypal should have you WANT something I HAVE so YOU SHOULD PAY ANY fees that come with the transaction

exactly the attitide any buyer using paypal should have you WANT something I HAVE so YOU SHOULD PAY ANY fees that come with the transaction

Deal with it. 

only way you can get scammed is by sending mo or sending paypal through your debit str8 from your bank account. i sent payment as a gift once a while back and never herd from the person again. but my amex plays no games got my money back in a few days.

Oh, so the rule should be "everyone but tim isn't allowed to add a paypal surcharge, because he's had good experiences?" 
Our policy has to apply to everyone.  If you want to eliminate those fraud reports you see once per month, the paypal surcharge is exactly the place to start.  If you want to sell on NT, you can't charge buyers more to send money legitimately via paypal.  

It is a transaction, not a gift, after all.  If you're being deceptive right off the jump, that's usually not a good sign.  Sellers are often able to talk inexperienced users into waiving their buyer protection rights in order to save a few bucks.  We need less of that, not more. 

Oh, so the rule should be "everyone but tim isn't allowed to add a paypal surcharge, because he's had good experiences?" 
Our policy has to apply to everyone.  If you want to eliminate those fraud reports you see once per month, the paypal surcharge is exactly the place to start.  If you want to sell on NT, you can't charge buyers more to send money legitimately via paypal.  

It is a transaction, not a gift, after all.  If you're being deceptive right off the jump, that's usually not a good sign.  Sellers are often able to talk inexperienced users into waiving their buyer protection rights in order to save a few bucks.  We need less of that, not more. 

Deal with it. 

only way you can get scammed is by sending mo or sending paypal through your debit str8 from your bank account. i sent payment as a gift once a while back and never herd from the person again. but my amex plays no games got my money back in a few days.

if im buying an item and the price is right, ill cover the 4% fees no problem, if im buying from someone i deal with regularly i'll send it as a gift.

i use the gift option as a seller to be able to provide reasonable prices and my rep selling on here is flawless so ill just keep doing what i do

if im buying an item and the price is right, ill cover the 4% fees no problem, if im buying from someone i deal with regularly i'll send it as a gift.

i use the gift option as a seller to be able to provide reasonable prices and my rep selling on here is flawless so ill just keep doing what i do

well i have never asked for the 4% selling on nt. i just add it to the listed price. its petty anyway to even argue over a 4% paypal fee 
laugh.gif
  just thought as a buyer it was the norm to pay it guess not ...

Back
Top Bottom