Dr Seuss....wow.. kinda kills my childhood just a bit...

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

So before this you thought of Dr. Seuss as some mythical figure who was somehow above the pitfalls of his time period? I think your offense comes from your naivety, not the content.

police-line_11-7-07.jpg

"nuffin else to see here folks, move along now."

I see no reason to hold Dr. Seuss to some higher standard like he's above the other ppl doing this. Nor am I surprised in the least bit. As said this wasdone for a reason during that time and I'm not sure I disagree with it.

I can find out Barney is a Klan member and I wouldn't bat an eye. This is the American way.

I wasn't in the wrong at all. Nothing I said would have been out of line had it been directed at a "regular" NTer, so I think its fine when therecipient happens to be someone else.

i get teased for being asian everyday.

The black people in my school think they can say any racist jokes just because there ancestors went through slavery...
smh.gif

it's actually quite sad...

no racial.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by whyte1der05five

Every cartoon during that time frame did the same thing.

/thread.

and frankly as a fan of blaxplotation movies....i find the sheer audacity of these highly amusing and shamlessly indulging from a pure nostalgic factor.
k02hd5.gif

Ninja using them big words.

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

/thread.

and frankly as a fan of blaxplotation movies....i find the sheer audacity of these highly amusing and shamlessly indulging from a pure nostalgic factor.
k02hd5.gif

With varying degrees of success.

Originally Posted by Frankie Valentino

I'm appalled at the negative portrayal asians receive on screen to this day, and i'm mexican.

I was looking for the joke in your post. Maybe I missed it.
laugh.gif

If not, this is the first serious post that I can remember seeing from you.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Originally Posted by itz rOLLi

i guess i have a hard time understanding your point here? what exactly offends you about these?
roll.gif
roll.gif

you can't be serious.

Please...explain. (pretend) I'm stupid.

30x98j9.jpg
I'm still waiting for somebody to give me an answer - you all sit here and pretend I'm silly for asking such a (in your minds) simplequestion, but nobody can give me a simple answer.

Is it offensive because it uses stereotypes? Okay - so are you offended by all stereotypes? Why is a stereotype offensive to you? Aren't they based outof SOME truth? Isn't that the essence of a stereotype? Which parts of these cartoons really upset you all? I think maybe...some of you...not dirtyspecifically... but some of you... don't' know why you're offended at all, and therefore, probably aren't but rather think you should be.

i guess i have a hard time understanding your point here? what exactly offends you about these?
roll.gif
roll.gif

you can't be serious.

30x98j9.jpg
I'm still waiting for somebody to give me an answer - you all sit here and pretend I'm silly for asking such a (in your minds) simple question, but nobody can give me a simple answer.

Is it offensive because it uses stereotypes? Okay - so are you offended by all stereotypes? Why is a stereotype offensive to you? Aren't they based out of SOME truth? Isn't that the essence of a stereotype? Which parts of these cartoons really upset you all? I think maybe...some of you...not dirty specifically... but some of you... don't' know why you're offended at all, and therefore, probably aren't but rather think you should be.
You like red bull?

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

/thread.

k02hd5.gif

With varying degrees of success.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

you can't be serious.

30x98j9.jpg
I'm still waiting for somebody to give me an answer - you all sit here and pretend I'm silly for asking such a (in your minds) simple question, but nobody can give me a simple answer.

Is it offensive because it uses stereotypes? Okay - so are you offended by all stereotypes? Why is a stereotype offensive to you? Aren't they based out of SOME truth? Isn't that the essence of a stereotype? Which parts of these cartoons really upset you all? I think maybe...some of you...not dirty specifically... but some of you... don't' know why you're offended at all, and therefore, probably aren't but rather think you should be.
2lt5vyw.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

you can't be serious.

30x98j9.jpg

I'm not offended, my thoughts are more sided with Ninjahoods.. I can definitely see how this would be offensive and to even act like whats the big deal?Has got to be insulting.. Its just messed up for you to act like its not offensive..

Back
Top Bottom