How do You Organize, Manage, and Present Your iTunes?

im extremely OCD with my itunes as well...heres a pic of mine

10pox6w.jpg

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

nwzl9e.jpg
i switch between list and grid view, depending on how im searching for something or using iTunes at the time. Headings always stay consistent and in order of Album Title alphabetically. Subtext and featured artists go in parentheses but anything with a Remix designation goes in brackets

I try to keep mp3s at 320 or VBR. My favorite albums are all in Apple Lossless format. When i get a better rig i'll play around with higher quality audio components but this works fine for me now, placebo affect or whatever 
laugh.gif

ALL my music is stored in the same folder. SOme people may not know that iTunes stores files in two different locations when you chose to copy files to an "iTunes Music Folder"under Preferences. Something to consider if you wanna save space. 

tag fields stay consistent with EVERY SINGLE ALBUM. the only variable is the Composer field. if i don't know the producer/composer it stays blank. I only use a few general Genre tags (i.e. I only have Rock as a Genre, not CLassic or Punk or Alternative). Hip Hop is always Hip Hop, not Hip-Hop or Hip-Hop/Rap or any of the popular ways to tag that field. I stay on top of this with EVERY album i add

Lyrics go on every song. When you have an iPod touch/iPhone you can chose to have lyrics show on the screen.

the correct lyric is:

" MEATheads get pistol whipped......"

nwzl9e.jpg
i switch between list and grid view, depending on how im searching for something or using iTunes at the time. Headings always stay consistent and in order of Album Title alphabetically. Subtext and featured artists go in parentheses but anything with a Remix designation goes in brackets

I try to keep mp3s at 320 or VBR. My favorite albums are all in Apple Lossless format. When i get a better rig i'll play around with higher quality audio components but this works fine for me now, placebo affect or whatever 
laugh.gif

ALL my music is stored in the same folder. SOme people may not know that iTunes stores files in two different locations when you chose to copy files to an "iTunes Music Folder"under Preferences. Something to consider if you wanna save space. 

tag fields stay consistent with EVERY SINGLE ALBUM. the only variable is the Composer field. if i don't know the producer/composer it stays blank. I only use a few general Genre tags (i.e. I only have Rock as a Genre, not CLassic or Punk or Alternative). Hip Hop is always Hip Hop, not Hip-Hop or Hip-Hop/Rap or any of the popular ways to tag that field. I stay on top of this with EVERY album i add

Lyrics go on every song. When you have an iPod touch/iPhone you can chose to have lyrics show on the screen.

the correct lyric is:

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

I also got Essentials playlist inspired by the old ones we used to do in the music forum. All time greats only, strictly capped at 20 tracks.
Can i see some of these essential playlist. All my playlist end up sucking or sounding the same. 

I also got Essentials playlist inspired by the old ones we used to do in the music forum. All time greats only, strictly capped at 20 tracks.
Can i see some of these essential playlist. All my playlist end up sucking or sounding the same. 

pimp.gif

The amount of time you just saved me.  Wish I would've known about this 2 weeks ago.  I was already at "M".  Appreciated none the less.

What do y'all do with the random tracks that don't belong in any album?
File under "Loosies"

pimp.gif
@ fam with the Pos K album.

pimp.gif

The amount of time you just saved me.  Wish I would've known about this 2 weeks ago.  I was already at "M".  Appreciated none the less.

What do y'all do with the random tracks that don't belong in any album?
File under "Loosies"

pimp.gif
@ fam with the Pos K album.

are any of you guys having a proble mwith  the black skin where when you try to sync your playlist the screen is blank?

are any of you guys having a proble mwith  the black skin where when you try to sync your playlist the screen is blank?

Originally Posted by Girl thats Jules

nwzl9e.jpg

laugh.gif

the correct lyric is:

sick.gif

sick.gif

Gross.

There is nothing neat about this.

All I see is a bunch of unnecessary clutter.

No disrespect.

Originally Posted by Girl thats Jules

nwzl9e.jpg

laugh.gif

the correct lyric is:

sick.gif

sick.gif

Gross.

There is nothing neat about this.

All I see is a bunch of unnecessary clutter.

No disrespect.

Back
Top Bottom