Official Confessions Thread. vol: Aint had one of these in a while.

FedEx delivered a package to my house Thursday and I never received it. My family won't get their presents and there will be no update on my claim until Monday when the carrier goes to work. 
frown.gif

FedEx delivered a package to my house Thursday and I never received it. My family won't get their presents and there will be no update on my claim until Monday when the carrier goes to work. 
frown.gif

Real talk, taking baby steps towards accomplishing anything is always ideal. You may or may not realize it, but your post was "baby-steps" towards managing and confronting those deep seeded emotions that you're presently, and have historically been, struggling with.

I thinks it does you a world of good to voice all that you went through, irrespective of the audience. I still think you should tell both your mom and bro all or some of what you posted. If the face 2 face seems daunting, you could even approach it by just printing out your post handing it to your mom.

Keep your head up fam...and happy birthday to ya. I'm sure the future will be much brighter.

Real talk, taking baby steps towards accomplishing anything is always ideal. You may or may not realize it, but your post was "baby-steps" towards managing and confronting those deep seeded emotions that you're presently, and have historically been, struggling with.

I thinks it does you a world of good to voice all that you went through, irrespective of the audience. I still think you should tell both your mom and bro all or some of what you posted. If the face 2 face seems daunting, you could even approach it by just printing out your post handing it to your mom.

Keep your head up fam...and happy birthday to ya. I'm sure the future will be much brighter.

-Got friendzoned by a girl a few days before Christmas
-Got back together with my ex
-Dunno if I'm back with her because I wanted to be, or because I got rejected by the other girl

-Got friendzoned by a girl a few days before Christmas
-Got back together with my ex
-Dunno if I'm back with her because I wanted to be, or because I got rejected by the other girl

Originally Posted by Tfromthe617

I have severe anger displacement issues
I never understood people like this, it used to piss me off how their brain was wired.
I mean like anything sets them off, if the waitress forgets their syrup their whole day is ruined
laugh.gif

"I'm just not hungry leave me alone, ...effin Obama care
mad.gif
, Lopez Tonight was a rerun, this country is going to ____"

laugh.gif

I never understood people like this, it used to piss me off how their brain was wired.
I mean like anything sets them off, if the waitress forgets their syrup their whole day is ruined
laugh.gif

mad.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Stockholm Patriot

laugh.gif

mad.gif

laugh.gif

don't know how you got that impression, since i didn't even type that. if anything my issue was that i just let things slide when they bother me. but if this is how you choose to get your lulz carry on
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

mad.gif

laugh.gif

don't know how you got that impression, since i didn't even type that. if anything my issue was that i just let things slide when they bother me. but if this is how you choose to get your lulz carry on
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

mad.gif

laugh.gif

eyes.gif

wink.gif

In Freud's psychology, displacement (from German Verschiebung, literally meaning 'shift' or 'move') is an unconscious defense mechanism whereby the mind redirects affects from an object felt to be dangerous or unacceptable to an object felt to be safe or acceptable.[sup][1][/sup] For instance, some people punch cushions when they are angry at friends; a college student may snap at his or her roommate when upset about an exam grade.

Displacement operates in the mind unconsciously and involves emotions, ideas, or wishes being transferred from their original object to a more acceptable substitute. It is most often used to allay anxiety.

In scapegoating, aggression is displaced onto people with little or no connection with what is causing anger.

Displacement can act in a chain-reaction, with people unwittingly becoming both victims and perpetrators of displacement. For example, a man is angry with his boss, but he cannot express this so he hits his wife. The wife hits one of the children, possibly disguising this as punishment (rationalization).
Though displacement is usually used to refer to the displacement of aggressive impulses, it can also refer to the displacement of sexual impulses

laugh.gif

mad.gif

laugh.gif

eyes.gif

wink.gif

In Freud's psychology, displacement (from German Verschiebung, literally meaning 'shift' or 'move') is an unconscious defense mechanism whereby the mind redirects affects from an object felt to be dangerous or unacceptable to an object felt to be safe or acceptable.[sup][1][/sup] For instance, some people punch cushions when they are angry at friends; a college student may snap at his or her roommate when upset about an exam grade.

Displacement operates in the mind unconsciously and involves emotions, ideas, or wishes being transferred from their original object to a more acceptable substitute. It is most often used to allay anxiety.

In scapegoating, aggression is displaced onto people with little or no connection with what is causing anger.

Displacement can act in a chain-reaction, with people unwittingly becoming both victims and perpetrators of displacement. For example, a man is angry with his boss, but he cannot express this so he hits his wife. The wife hits one of the children, possibly disguising this as punishment (rationalization).
Though displacement is usually used to refer to the displacement of aggressive impulses, it can also refer to the displacement of sexual impulses

well i've never lashed out against anyone until now, and it takes a hell of a lot more than a rerun of lopez tonight to set me off.. not to mention that definition you posted could apply to damn near anyone who's had a rough day.

i suppose, if anything, i think the way you went about voicing your opinion was pretty rude since you made it look like i typed something that i didn't, instead of just voicing your "diagnosis" in a respectful manner.. i just wanted to let you know i'm not someone who lets silly things like those you mentioned ruin my day, since that's the impression you seemed to get.

well i've never lashed out against anyone until now, and it takes a hell of a lot more than a rerun of lopez tonight to set me off.. not to mention that definition you posted could apply to damn near anyone who's had a rough day.

i suppose, if anything, i think the way you went about voicing your opinion was pretty rude since you made it look like i typed something that i didn't, instead of just voicing your "diagnosis" in a respectful manner.. i just wanted to let you know i'm not someone who lets silly things like those you mentioned ruin my day, since that's the impression you seemed to get.

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

I'm only 23 years old and really don't think I'll ever be happy. Not to say that I'm depressed, just not happy at all. I'm always either angry or sad or discontent. Still have a long way to go, but right now I'm just not seeing it.
tired.gif
I'm same age. feel the same exact way.
I've come to realize that money (at least the decent amount i make) don't exactly equal to happiness.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

I'm only 23 years old and really don't think I'll ever be happy. Not to say that I'm depressed, just not happy at all. I'm always either angry or sad or discontent. Still have a long way to go, but right now I'm just not seeing it.
tired.gif
I'm same age. feel the same exact way.
I've come to realize that money (at least the decent amount i make) don't exactly equal to happiness.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Ginzo

Originally Posted by 1boredzombie

yo man dont kill yaselves it'll get better just get up and do something to better your situation...its never that bad
This.
I honestly can't see how people can think about suicide so much.
I'm not trying to front but go live in a 3rd country for a month then you'll see how good you got it.
You don't really get it then I guess... shrug

yo man dont kill yaselves it'll get better just get up and do something to better your situation...its never that bad
This.
I'm not trying to front but go live in a 3rd country for a month then you'll see how good you got it.

Originally Posted by ABC

This.

What don't I get?

Back
Top Bottom