THIS IS THE BEST WAY TO RSVP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly, into the next one if you're shut out. I figure doubling up here and there if it works out that you can is an easy way to make up for any you may miss out on.

I applaud the effort here, because the more RSVP's flaws and misuses are exposed, the faster Nike will have to change things. I'm just saying that as chronos pointed out, RSVP is 10% of inventory or less. Hell, probably 10% of Nike's own inventory. RSVP used to be a great way to lock down your one pair and move on, which has its pros, but it's to the point now where I'd rather not feel bad about the experience and get my pairs other ways
and yes big shoutout to chronos as well for helping the community with his service!

What's the easiest thing on twitter to do besides get rid of the RSVP?

Instead of #Jordan5 make it *#&$Jordan5 ?

Pain in the ***, but hey you get rid of the problem don't you?

What's the easiest thing on twitter to do besides get rid of the RSVP?

Instead of #Jordan5 make it *#&$Jordan5 ?

Pain in the ***, but hey you get rid of the problem don't you?

Put the hashtag in an image that you have to open and read. If a bot could discern it, it would take too long for it to grab the hashtag and then insert it for all users of the bot. It would certainly level the playing field if not eliminate the bots for the first few releases as devs figure out how to add a much more complex piece to their existing applications. It would also require more processing power on the server's end to discern the hashtag from an image. Could it be done? Yes, but unlike other systems this has been applied to, the time sensitive nature of twitter would nullify the advantage of a bot.

People have discussed plugins and apps that bypass a captcha. A captcha is not what we're talking about. Since this is a tweet, it would be a link to an image that would have to be opened and analyzed. Captchas are software that you're usually directed to via the work flow of an ecommerce checkout system. Since this is a twitter link with an image that contains the missing piece that must be added, it's not a captcha in the sense that the usual methods of bypassing present.

These programs can't act fast enough to correctly get the captcha (especially if it's case sensitive) and serve it out to numerous users of the same service in an efficient manner.

The reason Nike hasn't done this yet (and this is just conjecture) is because it would require the company rather than the individual stores creating the images, uploading them somewhere, and linking to them. These stores handle their own RSVP's, and most probably don't even have Photoshop on their computers. Nike would want to standardize the tweet hashtag image and process behind it, and likely sees this as unnecessary at the moment.

Last edited:
Put the hashtag in an image that you have to open and read. If a bot could discern it, it would take too long for it to grab the hashtag and then insert it for all users of the bot. It would certainly level the playing field if not eliminate the bots for the first few releases as devs figure out how to add a much more complex piece to their existing applications. It would also require more processing power on the server's end to discern the hashtag from an image. Could it be done? Yes, but unlike other systems this has been applied to, the time sensitive nature of twitter would nullify the advantage of a bot.

I mean it seems very easy way to fix the problem, add number and random letters to 123abcJordan534

I don't care how it has to get fixed, but it does.

Or have twitter team up with Nike and when your going to DM a nike store you have to type in a captcha

Picture thing seems brilliant tho.

Last edited:
I mean it seems very easy way to fix the problem, add number and random letters to 123abcJordan534

Or have twitter team up with Nike and when your going to DM a nike store you have to type in a captcha

I doubt Twitter really wants to develop anything for a company to utilize Twitter in this way. If anything, our shoe releases are an unnecessary burden on their servers as-is, and we provide very little return to Twitter. Beyond that, a traditional captcha would get bypassed much like Ticketmaster bots do (which also are a step beyond just captcha bypass, usually attacking so many times so quickly that non-bot users can't get into the site at all).

I think a link to an image that is require to put a hashtag into the DM would be very if not 100% effective

I doubt Twitter really wants to develop anything for a company to utilize Twitter in this way. If anything, our shoe releases are an unnecessary burden on their servers as-is, and we provide very little return to Twitter. Beyond that, a traditional captcha would get bypassed much like Ticketmaster bots do (which also are a step beyond just captcha bypass, usually attacking so many times so quickly that non-bot users can't get into the site at all).

I think a link to an image that is require to put a hashtag into the DM would be very if not 100% effective

Dam, shot me down :rofl:

Well Nike just get on your high horse and figure something out!

Adding characters doesn't do anything, the bot is still just looking for text after the '#' character

Tweet > Bot > Bot must open link to image > analyze image (correctly) > send image analysis back to the preformed tweet > send tweet (repeat for all users)

That's a lot more work for any application than tweet > bot > insert tag > send tweet back

Hey guys,

I have a ton of PM's and I probably can't get to all of them. Just an update... I need to update my app again to fix some of the bugs and then make some upgrades. Please just put your email on the website in my signature and I will email everyone for the next release. Someone told me there might be two releases this week? Kobe's and Barkleyposites? If so, I'll try to do these as well. Do what you have to do to keep the email from hitting your spam. I try my hardest to get everyone a chance, so please do the work necessary to make sure you are good to go.

There's a few things I was hoping I could get feedback on, maybe you guys can help out.

1. It has come to my attention that there may be people trying to sell RSVP's through my service to other people. :x I am trying to think of fair ways to stop this without it ruining it for everyone. Its pretty ****** that this is happening. One of the ways is you will have to sign up with a valid credit card so I can match your name with your twitter reservation name. Thoughts?

2. I'm thinking of making it so if you got an RSVP already, you 'move to the back of the line' so to speak. Make it more fair for everyone to get a reservation. At this point I shuffle all of the accounts before the launch and its completely random who are the first to go out.

3. In the future if you win an RSVP, I will drop you out and keep all of the folks who didn't win open for the rerun RSVP if there is one. I'll probably just run everyone on one server to save some money on server costs, but you'll have a second chance if it happens.

Thanks again everyone, its been fun putting this together and seeing folks get their kicks. Peace. :nthat:[/quote

Sorry for being the dumb newb, but how do I find the website to post my email in your signature? Many thanks in advance!

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 @ ppl trying to outsmart techies and complaining to nike about this.

adapt and evolve as others have said. there's always another way to get what you want  

:lol:  :lol:  @ ppl trying to outsmart techies and complaining to nike about this.

adapt and evolve as others have said. there's always another way to get what you want  

Sorry, but you're not smart if you think Nike created this system so that people could profit off it and automate it, further blocking Nike customers from getting pairs.

I'm a techie and I am all for free RSVP services because the more action and more Nike hears about bots, the sooner it ends.

Sorry you think it's funny, but to act like these efforts will be for nothing just speaks to the apathetic, lazy and ignorant people that make up this community these days.

Y
JUST READING THROUGH HERE, A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE ALMOST NO CLUE HOW THESE "SNIPERS" ACTUALLY WORK.

Yeah, like me! I'm a real ****** on this subject matter. This craziness is all new to me. Last time I bought Jordan's in the 80s/90s(I'm 35), you just rolled up to the store and got them lol.

Why does everyone think this will end soon? nike hasn't ever given two *****s about Niketalk and or the poor kids who can't get kicks. Their technical talent is working hard on Fuel and new products that make them more money. Bots don't take any money out of Nike's pocket it only fuels the DEMAND.

Kids have been getting shot and stabbed camping for kicks for as long as I remember and only recently have they even decided to make drops on weekends rather than weekdays lol

Thanks, but I don't see where his "signature" is? I'm obviously missing something. Sorry and thanks for helping me out.

Solereserve.com

Not sure if thats what you looking foe. You cant see signatures on mobile (iphone) FYI

Why does everyone think this will end soon? nike hasn't ever given two *****s about Niketalk and or the poor kids who can't get kicks. Their technical talent is working hard on Fuel and new products that make them more money. Bots don't take any money out of Nike's pocket it only fuels the DEMAND.

Kids have been getting shot and stabbed camping for kicks for as long as I remember and only recently have they even decided to make drops on weekends rather than weekdays lol

Technical teams are working on Fuel? LOL this is the biggest athletic company in the world and you don't think they have one marketing person who can open photoshop and create a hashtag for each release that's going to RSVP at each store each week? Why would product designers be prohibiting any technical work in any other area of the company anyway?! They probably have hundreds if not thousands of IT folks across the company. You're making me lose faith you even know how to code if you can't think through things a little better than that.

Bots don't take any money out of their pockets, but they weren't losing money either when people were lining up for every release at their stores either. They changed to an RSVP system to help people get their pairs and get them without camping out and creating dangerous situations for not just them but the communities they live and work in.

To think that they'd go to an RSVP system and then never look at it or how to improve it, especially when third parties are manipulating it and making money from it? You underestimate the company. The problem is that change is slow with a huge company like this, and they examine decisions like this and their impact and resource requirements over weeks and months, not days. The snipers have only really come up in the past 3 months, so it's something they will address, but perhaps for not a number of months.

The more we as a community address and publicize the problem, the faster they'll respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom