THIS IS THE BEST WAY TO RSVP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I checked my twitter dms. Nothing got sent from my acct. Did i do something wrong

Hey guys,

I have a ton of PM's and I probably can't get to all of them. Just an update... I need to update my app again to fix some of the bugs and then make some upgrades. Please just put your email on the website in my signature and I will email everyone for the next release. Someone told me there might be two releases this week? Kobe's and Barkleyposites? If so, I'll try to do these as well. Do what you have to do to keep the email from hitting your spam. I try my hardest to get everyone a chance, so please do the work necessary to make sure you are good to go.

There's a few things I was hoping I could get feedback on, maybe you guys can help out.

1. It has come to my attention that there may be people trying to sell RSVP's through my service to other people.
sick.gif
I am trying to think of fair ways to stop this without it ruining it for everyone. Its pretty ****** that this is happening. One of the ways is you will have to sign up with a valid credit card so I can match your name with your twitter reservation name. Thoughts?

2. I'm thinking of making it so if you got an RSVP already, you 'move to the back of the line' so to speak. Make it more fair for everyone to get a reservation. At this point I shuffle all of the accounts before the launch and its completely random who are the first to go out.

3. In the future if you win an RSVP, I will drop you out and keep all of the folks who didn't win open for the rerun RSVP if there is one. I'll probably just run everyone on one server to save some money on server costs, but you'll have a second chance if it happens.

Thanks again everyone, its been fun putting this together and seeing folks get their kicks. Peace.
nthat.gif
Not sure if using credit cards to sign up is going to work. It's too much of a risk. I'd say people can only register with Twitter accounts that have been active for X amount of months and can only RSVP through one name that cannot be changed. That way, people can't just create phantom Twitter accounts and abuse your services. How's that sound?

Btw, I chose not to use your service for the Foams because I didn't really want to take up a spot for a pair of shoes I didn't really want. I will be looking forward to your service for the XIIIs though. Good looking out, Chronos!

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I have a ton of PM's and I probably can't get to all of them. Just an update... I need to update my app again to fix some of the bugs and then make some upgrades. Please just put your email on the website in my signature and I will email everyone for the next release. Someone told me there might be two releases this week? Kobe's and Barkleyposites? If so, I'll try to do these as well. Do what you have to do to keep the email from hitting your spam. I try my hardest to get everyone a chance, so please do the work necessary to make sure you are good to go.

There's a few things I was hoping I could get feedback on, maybe you guys can help out.

1. It has come to my attention that there may be people trying to sell RSVP's through my service to other people.
sick.gif
I am trying to think of fair ways to stop this without it ruining it for everyone. Its pretty ****** that this is happening. One of the ways is you will have to sign up with a valid credit card so I can match your name with your twitter reservation name. Thoughts?

2. I'm thinking of making it so if you got an RSVP already, you 'move to the back of the line' so to speak. Make it more fair for everyone to get a reservation. At this point I shuffle all of the accounts before the launch and its completely random who are the first to go out.

3. In the future if you win an RSVP, I will drop you out and keep all of the folks who didn't win open for the rerun RSVP if there is one. I'll probably just run everyone on one server to save some money on server costs, but you'll have a second chance if it happens.

Thanks again everyone, its been fun putting this together and seeing folks get their kicks. Peace.
nthat.gif
Well life isn't fair and as long as long there is a computer involved people will find ways to circumvent your generosity and abuse your service.
eyes.gif
 I'm being an *** on purpose because that seems the consensus of some when discussing fairness and sneakers! LOL On the real tho I really dig what you're doing and even more-so that you are attempting to include everyone and keep it fair to all.
smokin.gif

Hey guys,

1. It has come to my attention that there may be people trying to sell RSVP's through my service to other people. :x I am trying to think of fair ways to stop this without it ruining it for everyone. Its pretty ****** that this is happening. One of the ways is you will have to sign up with a valid credit card so I can match your name with your twitter reservation name. Thoughts?

Thanks again everyone, its been fun putting this together and seeing folks get their kicks. Peace. :nthat:

1)itll probably be more work and time consuming for u to do on ur end to ask for credit cards. but i wouldnt mind..

2 & 3) that would suck for those who are legit and wouldnt mind donating funds to help you maintain ur servers.. if you look at the twitter accounts or facebook accounts you can easily tell if that person signing up is a hypebeast or a reseller.. require the twitter rsvp to also have a facebook profile.. this way they dont grab your twitter rsvp and flip it on their facebook account.. maybe require an age limit...??

at the end of the day it is ur call.. thanks for what you have done for us anyways..

That script was already implemented for the corks. Guess what, bots got to it. Lol. You can't stop it if its technology based.

My apologies, the volts. Those were the prompts I was receiving when I was trying for the both at the same time.
The volts were prompting me exactly what was on that script.

Last edited:
Hmm from that video sounds like NDC will be like finishline where you have to wait for your spot to open. I imagine they'll make the shoes accessible before release and once release starts it will refresh and begin the process of randomly giving people checkout spots.

That's a good idea.

Hmm from that video sounds like NDC will be like finishline where you have to wait for your spot to open. I imagine they'll make the shoes accessible before release and once release starts it will refresh and begin the process of randomly giving people checkout spots.

That's a good idea.
I get really annoyed of the Finishline method, but I can see how it makes it fair for everyone. It'll just take a lot of open windows and constant refreshes to try and get a spot. 
frown.gif

Refreshing is a bad idea. It will just put at the back of the line. Every time I get thru on finishline it's because I opened a window and let it refresh by itself.

Last edited:
Refreshing is a bad idea. It will just put at the back of the line. Every time I get thru on finishline it's because I opened a window and let it refresh by itself.

This... Everytime i have gotten thru is either im early before de SPA or left a window opened

I'm hoping I get the RSVP from Chronos1296 for those Barkleys. I never have luck with the nike Chicago RSVP

plot twist: Nike is the one creating RSVP bots and selling them via Nike Store workers in order to make a profit from a supposedly "free method" to reserve sneakers 
eek.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom