⚖ Your Honor ⚖ on Showtime S2 Premieres 1/15 9pm

Cuz he was dumb?

I mean boy willingly went to Rocco's cell. He ain't bright.

The same dudes that were chasing Adam earlier in the episode or just some random dudes in the car that were going to jack him.

It doesn't matter cuz they don't know who Adam is. They saw that car accident and backed off. They didn't want anything to do with it.

I really don't think it was that big of a mystery.
He had to go to Carlos cell. Typical jail politics. Everyone knew why Carlo was there so he had to face him at some point. Failing the GED...some people just aren’t good test takers. I don’t think Kofi was dumb. His conversations Didnt reflect that at all. He was just misguided, vulnerable and taken advantage of by desire crew..
Who names their set desire anyways.

Another thing I didn’t appreciate, was how they did the typical self-defense I’m so scared of a black man angle. The whole roar and portrayal of the black man as an animal has been used since the inception of time to fit their racist narrative.

the court scene was just dumb all around.

how is it possible that the defense attorney wouldn't know the door locks when it's closed lol Or not know about cameras inside the jail :lol: :smh:

Then the aha! moment at the end that got him off the hook.?? I don't even know how that got him off the hook. Gotta go back and re-watch because they just replayed Rocco's 911 call. Unless I missed something.

Then the aha! moment at the end that got him off the hook.?? I don't even know how that got him off the hook. Gotta go back and re-watch because they just replayed Rocco's 911 call. Unless I missed something.

Insanity Defense

He went to squash a beef like a man.

It just didn't go his way.

Wouldn't call a ***** dumb because of that or equat that to his GED score.

I dont even think the writers were making that parallel lol.
Then he dumber than I thought for not properly assessing the situation.

Mans pled guilty in open court to a hit an run murder. Gets locked up and thinks he can just clear the air with the brother of the person everybody thinks he killed.

He tried to do that alone in the middle of the night with no witnesses or protection.

That's dumb as ****.

The show let me know Kofi wasn't smart before a failed GED test same way they showed me Eugene was smarter than average before he started talking about how to wash money through churches. It's the way you move.
He had to go to Carlos cell. Typical jail politics. Everyone knew why Carlo was there so he had to face him at some point. Failing the GED...some people just aren’t good test takers. I don’t think Kofi was dumb. His conversations Didnt reflect that at all. He was just misguided, vulnerable and taken advantage of by desire crew..
Who names their set desire anyways.

Another thing I didn’t appreciate, was how they did the typical self-defense I’m so scared of a black man angle. The whole roar and portrayal of the black man as an animal has been used since the inception of time to fit their racist narrative.
No he did not and everybody did not know it was arranged for Carlo to stay at the jail just to kill Kofi. It was more of a now that he's here he might as well kill Kofi.

If we talking jail politics you don't do something like that alone. He didnt have to do it that in such a stupid way.

Kofis did not strike me as a bright kid whether we talking street smarts or educationally. So him failing the GED wasn't a surprise. The mere fact he had to take it kinda revealed that. Son was aiming to be a gangsta given his limited options. He was unsure but he dove in when given no choice. Kofi remind me of D from the Wire.

I think the old lady's name was Desire or something.

I can understand not liking that defense but Rocco's a racist, the lawyer was a scumbag, and the Baxters are ruthless immoral ppl. It is no surprise they went with the black man is a dangerous animal defense.

The show never shied away from the real world examples of racism in various forms.

Last edited:
Then he dumber than I thought for not properly assessing the situation.

Mans pled guilty in open court to a hit an run murder. Gets locked up and thinks he can just clear the air with the brother of the person everybody thinks he killed.

He tried to do that alone in the middle of the night with no witnesses or protection.

That's dumb as ****.

The show let me know Kofi wasn't smart before a failed GED test same way they showed me Eugene was smarter than average before he started talking about how to wash money through churches. It's the way you move.

Bruh didn't go in there willingly lol.

Baxters mom set it up.

He jusr went in with his chin up like a man.

What show are you watching?

Bruh didn't go in there willingly lol.

Baxters mom set it up.

He jusr went in with his chin up like a man.

What show are you watching?
What are you talking about? ***** got up and went.

The only thing the Baxter mom set up was Rocco staying at the jail overnight and told him to kill Kofi. Kofi didn't get cornered in the laundry room or led to a space where the cameras had a blindspot or wasn't working. They just opened his cell and Rocco's. Man had to walk down the hall to get himself killed.

I would've stayed my *** in my cell with a knife and waited.

I would've yelled like a maniac and woke everyone up.

If I want to live I'm sure as hell not going to willingly stroll in a cell of somebody that got height and weight on me like I'm about to chop it up with a friend.

Deadass he's in there with Desire members and asks for no help. Fam was shook as **** when he thought two dudes were going to kill him in the middle of the day.

What show did YOU watch?

I had hope when I saw him go in but ***** got washed beaten to death so it showed he had no gameplan.

That was a straight lamb led to slaughter situation.

What are you talking about? ***** got up and went.

I would've stayed my *** in my cell with a knife and waited.

I would've yelled like a maniac and woke everyone up.

If I want to live I'm sure as hell not going to willingly stroll in a cell of somebody that got height and weight on me like I'm about to chop it up with a friend.

Deadass he's in there with Desire members and asks for no help. Fam was shook as **** when he thought two dudes were going to kill him in the middle of the day.

What show did YOU watch?

I had hope when I saw him go in but ***** got washed beaten to death so it showed he had no gameplan.

That was a straight lamb led to slaughter situation.

It's easy to type what you would've done if you were Kofi on a Message Board on the internet.

Do you know anyone that's gone to jail or prison?

Kofi talked to the older heads in jail and hipped him. They told him to go down there.

Yeah Kofi was leaving that place in a body bag even if he didn't go see Carlo*.

He wrongly assumed that he'd be able to tell Carlo* that it wasn't him driving the car. That was his only card to play.

Last edited:
Mulling over this show even more...desire crew was trash. They had no muscle. They let Carlo basically rob them. Let the dad walk in and say oh well with no retaliation.

White crime vs black crime.

White crime can be out in public with thet name on hotels and businesses and drive Range Rovers .

The same crimes by blacks have to hide in the shadows and drive Cutlass Supremes.

It's easy to type what you would've done if you were Kofi on a Message Board on the internet.

Do you know anyone that's gone to jail or prison?
I'm not gonna talk about my personal life but again given the situation we saw I'm not leaving my cell. I'll leave it at that as far as what I would do.

He's in jail, a part of a gang, and walked to his death.

That's dumb as **** to me. I said the same thing about him during the ep so this really cant be new to the ppl in replying to.

You right its easy to talk about what we would've done online but that don't change my opinion about what Kofi did. **** was stupid.

I’m not so sure Desire was weak. More so just not on Baxter’s level. Big fish/Little fish. Walter White said that Jimmy Baxter was the most notorious gangster in the HISTORY of the city. Gotta assume he’s a made guy. Different level of muscle there.

Yeah, it was kinda obvious to me that had they really went to war with the Baxter's we would've just saw a lot more dead black ppl.

Jimmy has half the force in his pocket. Can't fight a rival gang and dirty cops.

I’m not so sure Desire was weak. More so just not on Baxter’s level. Big fish/Little fish. Walter White said that Jimmy Baxter was the most notorious gangster in the HISTORY of the city. Gotta assume he’s a made guy. Different level of muscle there.
Yea..one bad move and the Entire IRA floods New Orleans

shannon-sharpe-no.gif

Good news keep this going + season 1 ending was perfect I already committed so much viewing time watching this :lol:

Back
Top Bottom