********2010 NFL DRAFT TALK********

Gunna, realistically, who do you see the Rams picking @ # 1 if they can't trade down?

IF they cant trade down, they have no choice but to take Suh(best player available)... granted IF they can sign him to a deal before the draft, which has beenthe trend lately

Originally Posted by dreClark

Idk Gunna, Suh put up great #'s last year too, he just didn't have the media backing behind him...
EXACTLY, his team just *@%+!!$ sucked. Looking at the numbers his junior season was better than Dorsey's best.
eek.gif

85 TTs to 69 TTs
19 TFL to 12.5
7.5 sacks to 7
2 INTS to 0

nerd.gif

idk but heat, Dez isnt dropping to Miami you should just give up hope now
tongue.gif

What y'all think about Morgan from Gtech?

Originally Posted by dreClark

Idk Gunna, Suh put up great #'s last year too, he just didn't have the media backing behind him...

He dominated this yr, he played well last yr and He's a 5th yr senior.

this once in a generation/ once every 20 yrs phenom type player dominated 1 yr of college ball.
takes more than Stompin on San Jose New Mexico State kansas and kansas state to rack up stats to say he dominated

and Dorsey also played his last season with a $*+##$ up back and knee which was hurt on a cheap shot by an Auburn lineman... stats dont tell the whole story
when thats all u have to go on, thats be all end all, but when u actually watched the games and see what really happened u wouldnt really rely solely stats.

Best DE Ive seen all yr.

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

BEAST-T-T-T-T.

Yes, you gotta stutter w/ the T's for emphasis.

He is the goods
pimp.gif

Ain't too many, if any DE's, that outperformed him and his not just a speed guy. Stout vs the run as well.

From what I see of Suh, he is an absolute force. He disrupts everything in the middle.

Obviously college isn't he pro's, but my questions of Suh would be how are his leverage techniques and his instincts?

I'd say I'd love to have him on my team. That's for sure.

Aye SoHi, who you want the Raiders to take? (besides Mr. Eric Berry
laugh.gif
)

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

idk but heat, Dez isnt dropping to Miami you should just give up hope now
tongue.gif

NEVERRRRRRRR.......Then again, there's Al setting there @ 8
mad.gif

Rolando is my plan b
pimp.gif

idk bro gotta see who drops.

Theres alot good players out there, i wouldnt be mad if we picked a number of players.
I'd be down to take Dez or McClain tho, I doubt Morgan falls to us but if he does we could resign Seymour and have a solid Dline

My dream draft for the Lions would be getting Suh with the 2nd pick and getting Donovan Warren with the 34th
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Why is Suh a once in a generation type player though? How is he not basically just the same as Dorsey? I'm not saying that Dorsey was the same or anything, just what makes Suh so much better then him?

Was Sapp even considered once in a generation type? Vince Wilfork?
No Suh isnt the same as Dorsey. Suh is a much better prospect than Dorsey. Hes bigger, Stronger, and more agile. His awareness is amazing, Iremember watching a play where he was doubled and backed off and intercepted a quick pass over the middle. Hes so good he can play end in the 3-4 if we waspressed to. Wilfork is a 3-4 Nose Tackle hes huge and strong but basically plugs the middle of a 3-4. He doesnt have the quickness or the penetration skillsSuh has. I could care less if the rams take him or not. Whoever does will get the best player in the draft.

Originally Posted by Yankeephan87

Originally Posted by CP1708

I knew Suh was good and would be in the draft and all that, but didn't it seem kinda quick that after the Big 12 champ game, he all of a sudden was a heisman finalist? He wasn't in the running the whole year was he?

And Dorsey was EVERY bit the player with the hype that Suh was. I was wondering if Parcells was gonna go with him that year, but he went with Jake instead. There were plenty of people hyping that kid so whoever said Dorsey wasn't a once in 20 years type player is bein silly.

Dorsey was considered the top DT no question but he was not considered once in a generation defensive player like Suh is. On top of that Dorsey is being misused hes not a 5 technique in a 3-4 hes a 3 technique in a 4-3 which is what he was drafted for a year before they switched to the 3-4.

No he is not a 3. At least I dont think he is. But he DEFINITELY is not a end.

Dorsey is alot like Suh in that they should play 2 techniques in the pros. Neither one of them are good enough natural pass rushers to play the 3 IMO.

I agree Suh is a much better prospect than Dorsey. I havent really noticed if Suh's technique is great but he is strong as a ox. I just dont see himmanhandling NFL Offensive lineman like he does in college.

With that all said I want to see Gerald McCoy's shuttle numbers
pimp.gif

Hughes Looks like he needs to be in a 3-4.

He's all outside speed rush but I like him tho. He'll prolly end up being the fastest/quickest DE to test

I will not root for the Jags if they take Tebow. *Mike Singletary* Can't do it. *Mike Singletary*

i dont want them to take Bruce Carter either

Rams should trade down and draft the best available corner back/safety.
Tebow should be a 1st rd. pick, (I aint a tebow fan I hate the gators i'm a canes for life) I dont why should you a pass on Qb like that, run and pass theball, tebow might be a good fit for miami or oakland (fat russell is a bust) both teams have talented Rb and speedy wide outs.
As for my beloved Ravens, they badly need a WR (release useless troy) and probably a LB or DB in the second (hats off to the ravens in last years draft WELLDONE!)
My hometown Bears, a prayer is all i can give! AMEN

why are we posting stats to compare DT?

im just thinking of DT with hype coming into the draft and suppose to kill in the NFL

Tommie Harris
Corey Simon
Haloti Ngata
John Henderson
Glenn Dorsey
Gerard Warren
Vince Wilfork
Jimmy Kennedy
BJ Raji
Albert Haynesworth
Sedrick Ellis
Casey Hampton
Marcus Stroud
Kris Jenkins
Shaun Rogers
Travis Johnson
Jerome Brown
Cortez Kennedy
Russell Maryland
Warren Sapp

very few lived up to there hype and very few on that list put in work season after season

Tommie Harris was the goods when he was healthy

Took Fat Albert a while but he got it

Kris Jenkins was the best DT in the game for a short period.

Dominique Franks is not a 1st round pick. Probably not even a 1st day pick.

Back
Top Bottom