AGAIN? - Baltimore Man Dies From Injuries During Arrest

Thug=N_

Seems like since Trayvon Martin's death that word has been used in place of n_ just like animal used to be, even here on NT

The word has become like a product now. A brand...only applicable to ONE demographic. We even saw it spill over into something as meaningless as sports w/ Richard Sherman last year.
Well to be fair
And even though I'm a die hard NINER fan
I have no bias
But Sherman is a thug

No bias tho :smokin :lol:

Good for the councilman, the word 'thug' is a dog whistle for some.

Sad that media isn't showing the people cleaning up and coming together to get things back on track. A lot of these people cleaning didn't even trash these streets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man I'm with yall on thug being the new n-word but i just can't jive with yall playing into what the media is feeding yall...

Like they are turning this into a story and it shouldn't be. Ok he should have said "troublemakers" to pacify black folks but that still doesn't make what the "criminals" did any more or less substantial.

It's a distraction. I had no emotion to him or the mayor, two black ppl saying that. Maybe cuz they black I subconsciously gave em a pass but I'm just not agreeing with yall that chose this moment to harp over it.

Man I'm with yall on thug being the new n-word but i just can't jive with yall playing into what the media is feeding yall...

Like they are turning this into a story and it shouldn't be. Ok he should have said "troublemakers" to pacify black folks but that still doesn't make what the "criminals" did any more or less substantial.

It's a distraction. I had no emotion to him or the mayor, two black ppl saying that. Maybe cuz they black I subconsciously gave em a pass but I'm just not agreeing with yall that chose this moment to harp over it.
What's wrong with saying individuals doing criminal behavior
Or groups of people doing criminal behavior

mean.gif

Last edited:

Who fed the media tho?

Again...this is the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. There is a whole staff of people that prepare and review EVERYTHING he says. You really don't think...that not he or a signle person on his staff was aware of how that word in particular would be interpreted by the media and by the public?

IF the preseident delivers a speech...EVERY word was meticulously chosen before it came out of his mouth. Don't blame this on the media running w/ something. They got handed the ******* baton from the so called leader of the free world.

did yall see the interview where the brother was speaking straight knowledge and the corny CNN young reporter was cutting him off saying people are still looting? i mean the reporter cut him off twice and was missing the point of what dude was saying.

the brother had to cut the interview short himself bc of the knowledge he was kicking but CNN wanted no parts of it. straight agenda driven CNN at its best.

did yall see the interview where the brother was speaking straight knowledge and the corny CNN young reporter was cutting him off saying people are still looting? i mean the reporter cut him off twice and was missing the point of what dude was saying.

the brother had to cut the interview short himself bc of the knowledge he was kicking but CNN wanted no parts of it. straight agenda driven CNN at its best.
What u expect though
They don't wanna hear that
They just want it to be known we thugs and nothing more
Anything to dispute that they don't wanna hear it

Damb obeezy... :smh:

Its amazing how sooooo much coverage is being paid to the people who are acting stupid...

And not to the ones chilling...

Or the fact that the cops snapped a dude's neck on the way to the police station

Who fed the media tho?

Again...this is the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. There is a whole staff of people that prepare and review EVERYTHING he says. You really don't think...that not he or a signle person on his staff was aware of how that word in particular would be interpreted by the media and by the public?

IF the preseident delivers a speech...EVERY word was meticulously chosen before it came out of his mouth. Don't blame this on the media running w/ something. They got handed the ******* baton from the so called leader of the free world.

Let's be clear here. While you are right about the speech making process, this wasn't a speech. Obama was there meeting with some prime minister if I'm not mistaken. The first question he was asked was about Balitimore and he gave his response. Now how much of that was off the cuff, I don't know. How much were prepared remarks, I don't know that either. But I've followed pres closely and I have always respected how well measured he is when providing responses. With that being said, I don't believe his enitee remarks were scripted. Which would then led to him making a mistake like he did by choosing such a sensitive word like thug.

CNN isn't even watchable anymore, which is pretty sad cause at one point they were non biased with a share of liberal and conservative view points. We need our own media and news outlet that paints us in a much better light. 

Who fed the media tho?

Let's be clear here. While you are right about the speech making process, this wasn't a speech. Obama was there meeting with some prime minister if I'm not mistaken. The first question he was asked was about Balitimore and he gave his response. Now how much of that was off the cuff, I don't know. How much were prepared remarks, I don't know that either. But I've followed pres closely and I have always respected how well measured he is when providing responses. With that being said, I don't believe his enitee remarks were scripted. Which would then led to him making a mistake like he did by choosing such a sensitive word like thug.
U don't think they knew he would be asked that question
And have something ready just in case
Cmon now
Bmore is like 30 something miles from dc
He cant even show up
How many times has he been in the areas when stuff like this has gone down
Off of similar incidents and dude continues to not put his balls on the line

CNN isn't even watchable anymore, which is pretty sad cause at one point they were non biased with a share of liberal and conservative view points. We need our own media and news outlet that paints us in a much better light. 
A shame BET COULDA fit that type of medium if they was still black owned

As an aside from you guys and the heated and valid points, Sunny Hostin does it for me. I ought to riot on my street so she can come out.

I'm guessing the reason he keeps looking down is to check his ESPN app.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom