Air jordan 7 Playoffs retro 2022 - 30th anniversary

scaledphpserver195filen.png

Where yo mind at fam? I was answering picasso swerve picasso swerve question about the 11s
I was just kidding 😆 thought the emoji was indicating that haha. I knew you meant in regards to Bred.

Dude i was born around the time dude was last consistently hitting the playoffs so im certainly not the authority :lol: I’ve never heard “Playoff 4’s/5’s/6’s” even tho those have Black/Red colorways so who knows lol

Bred was also always a weird name to me lol especially when sites like Nicekicks and **** use the bread emojis with it.

Bred has always been a weird nickname to me, just a quicker way to say black/red and guess it stuck.

I like the cool nicknames, Cardinals, Bugs Bunnies, Space Jams, Concords, etc

And yeah, some of these nicknames just describing the color but it just sounds cool? Bred doesnt sound cool. :lol:

The DMP was interesting because they TRIED to make them OG by using a shade of grey rather than black. Or at the very least they TRIED not to make them solid black.

Crazy because this is an important detail that we didn't get on the other releases.

I don't know anyone besides NTers who know that these shoes didn't have a solid black upper. Even before the retros it was just accepted that these were black and red.

Knowing the difference on the OG uppers is not common.

The 2012 was close to what they did in 1992. Except for the purple and gloss peaks. Originals were never grey out the box. But it was much darker than the 2009 DMP. I like the DMP cuz it gives the best of DS and aged. The Bords were the only with true grey panels.

gettyimages-117720425-612x612.jpg
9ab3a24d27c2ecdd41b3f51f5600ab28.jpg
I really dont know what JB meant to do with the dmp. I truly think it was supposed to be a black on black look originally . And the aged affect made them look a black grey? It dont matter to me really. Favorite shoe ever. And what ever they do next, I will buy.

The 2012 was close to what they did in 1992. Except for the purple and gloss peaks. Originals were never grey out the box. But it was much darker than the 2009 DMP. I like the DMP cuz it gives the best of DS and aged. The Bords were the only with true grey panels.

I think some of these were kind of dark grey out the box. I don't see all of this being attributed to aging.

It's not that simple with this pair. The uppers on the very first production run that released in 92 was nearly identical to the 2002 pair with the rough suede/nubuck panels. From there, depending on which production run and which factory they were made in, the uppers were all over the place. Some were totally smooth and dark grey, some looked smooth and worn with lighter charcoal out of the box. It was a total crapshoot. I had a pair from the first run, and my friend got a pair from one of the later runs. We had the same shoe, but they looked WAY different.

And JRepp23 JRepp23 , at no time was there ever an OG Playoff 7 that had a full durabuck upper like the 2012 pair. Never.

The fact is that genuine leather tainted looks way different than durabuk or whatever synthetic material they put on the shoe. As they said above, it depends on the type of leather, where does it come from, the tainting, etc.
2012 was a completely black shoe, with no differences between any panel, so it was not even close to the OG from 1992.
2009 DMP was a failed attempt to copy the effect of nubuk and durabuk combined, but using just durabuk.
After seeing what they have done this year with the Air Flight Lite II and the Air Trainer 1, I have no faith in Nike/JB with this one...:emoji_disappointed_relieved:

Id a different material too. They felt alot lighter than how my Cardinals felt. Unless im mistaken it was a diff kind of leather, not bad but wish it had the same leather as the Cards.
From what I remember, they weren't that bad. Keep the shoe true to how it was originally made. Would it be nice to have them in that synthetic composite leather they use now? Sure. But would I be mad if they were made like how they were the first time? No. There were a lot worse quality shoes than those at the time.

Back
Top Bottom