Avatar is killing the box office vol.#1 movie of ALL TIME (soon)

i kept trying to like this movie, i was saying to myself "alright if 5 minutes go by and nobody says anything stupid maybe this isn't so bad" butit never happened. i went into the movie lifted as a cloud and was stone sober and bored by the end. corniest dialogue i've ever heard, okay visuals coulddo nothing to overcome how pathetically bad the writing was, atrocious waste of time

Finally has taken "Twilight" away from the buzz.

Still yet to see this, but will...soon.

Peace

This movie was great to watch esp in imax 3D. Although it was an overused storyline (white guilt)

Originally Posted by FlashEightZero

i kept trying to like this movie, i was saying to myself "alright if 5 minutes go by and nobody says anything stupid maybe this isn't so bad" but it never happened. i went into the movie lifted as a cloud and was stone sober and bored by the end. corniest dialogue i've ever heard, okay visuals could do nothing to overcome how pathetically bad the writing was, atrocious waste of time
What's 1 Hater out of 50 Million?
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by emmanuelabor

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

I just saw this over the weekend. It was a cool flick but nonetheless pretty corny acting and the ending was mad predictable and cheesy. Especially during the whole ritual thing... I was
roll.gif
during that ceremony. I am like... come on now..

Visual feast but than again it was basically a cartoon/animated movie so obviously that's pretty much all there is to it.
Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by General Johnson

Although I enjoyed the movie from a purely sci-fi entertainment standpoint, intentionally not analyzing the experience as it happened, there's no denying that the movie follows in the traditions of "The Last of the Mochicans" and "The Last Samurai", where a white man is accepted into a tribe and becomes their leader, betraying his race.

For those interested in that angle and further analysis of that point, here is a great article.

http://io9.com/5422666/when-will-white-people-stop-making-movies-like-avatar
Good point.

I don't think Cameron really set out to create a truly original story, but more of an experience with his technology and film making. His story certainly isn't original, it's been done before, now it's just on another planet.

Im sayin....and thats why I dont get why everybody has a hard on for this movie. YES, the 3D graphics and all that were great, but to call this movie epic is laughable. This movie has NO replay value. I woulda been PISSED if I'd seen it in a non 3D theater.

truth be told, this movie isnt in my 2009 top 10
I really would like to know 10 movies better than Avatar that came out this year.

I can already tell this is going to be one of those movies that always comes on tv and pisses me off

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

I just saw this over the weekend. It was a cool flick but nonetheless pretty corny acting and the ending was mad predictable and cheesy. Especially during the whole ritual thing... I was
roll.gif

Visual feast but than again it was basically a cartoon/animated movie so obviously that's pretty much all there is to it.

Although I enjoyed the movie from a purely sci-fi entertainment standpoint, intentionally not analyzing the experience as it happened, there's no denying that the movie follows in the traditions of "The Last of the Mochicans" and "The Last Samurai", where a white man is accepted into a tribe and becomes their leader, betraying his race.

For those interested in that angle and further analysis of that point, here is a great article.

Good point.

I don't think Cameron really set out to create a truly original story, but more of an experience with his technology and film making. His story certainly isn't original, it's been done before, now it's just on another planet.

Im sayin....and thats why I dont get why everybody has a hard on for this movie. YES, the 3D graphics and all that were great, but to call this movie epic is laughable. This movie has NO replay value. I woulda been PISSED if I'd seen it in a non 3D theater.

I really would like to know 10 movies better than Avatar that came out this year.
So I looked at all the movies released this year and these were the only ones I found along with Avatar to be exceptional and I basically seeevery movie:

Star Trek
District 9
Up
Taken
Inglorious Basterds
The Hurt Locker
Let the Right One In
Bruno
Watchmen

The Hangover

Originally Posted by xxxoverridexxx

roll.gif

Good point.

So I looked at all the movies released this year and these were the only ones I found along with Avatar to be exceptional and I basically see every movie:

Star Trek
District 9
Up
Taken
Inglorious Basterds
The Hurt Locker
Let the Right One In
Bruno
Watchmen

The Hangover
indifferent.gif

This movie alone makes your list null and void.

Originally Posted by Diego

Originally Posted by xxxoverridexxx

roll.gif

Good point.

So I looked at all the movies released this year and these were the only ones I found along with Avatar to be exceptional and I basically see every movie:

Star Trek
District 9
Up
Taken
Inglorious Basterds
The Hurt Locker
Let the Right One In
Bruno
Watchmen

The Hangover
indifferent.gif

This movie alone makes your list null and void.

Bruno was hysterical. Had me on the floor the whole movie. Behind Borat and Bruno is pure genius. Unfortunately, a talking penis head scares people notcomfortable with their sexuality.

Got a fresh tomato on rotten tomato so i guess some people do agree with me.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/bruno/

Bruno was the funniest movie of the year, by far. It's also smarter than people give it credit for. I like how nobody cares about the social commentary inBruno but rush to talk about racism in avatar.

the scene in bruno where all these adults are basically pimping their children out to be actors was worth admission alone. funny/scary stuff

Originally Posted by DubA169

Bruno was the funniest movie of the year, by far. It's also smarter than people give it credit for. I like how nobody cares about the social commentary in Bruno but rush to talk about racism in avatar.

the scene in bruno where all these adults are basically pimping their children out to be actors was worth admission alone. funny/scary stuff

yea man i agree. i thought it was funnier then hangover honestly.

tired.gif
xxxoverridexxx wrote:

Originally Posted by DubA169

Bruno was the funniest movie of the year, by far. It's also smarter than people give it credit for. I like how nobody cares about the social commentary in Bruno but rush to talk about racism in avatar.

yea man i agree. i thought it was funnier then hangover honestly.

the psychic scene was nuts man dude is crazy
sick.gif
roll.gif
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom