Beats by Dre Appreciation

Originally Posted by megatron

Originally Posted by TheWindScar31

Why in God's green earth would you need 3 exact same headphones in different colors?

Same reason dudes got 3 pair of Air Jordan 11s or 3 pairs of SB Dunk mids.

When your first set is too heavily creased up with a lot of ear drag and yellowing, you just break out the DS headphones and throw them on like
pimp.gif

Why in God's green earth would you need 3 exact same headphones in different colors?

where is the gucci mane pic?

Let me rephrase: why in God's would anyone feel the need to accessorize with their "headphones"

I'm a beats studio owner and only time these things are around my neck is if I get a phone call while walking. Otherwise its on my ears or in its case.

I'll stick to my srh440s.
Thoo I really want the 840s, just now I don't think I can justify buying them since I have the 440s.

Did anybody see all the fake dre beats floating around?  curious what the quality is like 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LeClutchJames

I think NT just dislikes beats because they are popular

I got my studios for 140 from the monster outlet store

They sound fantastic, I just hate the battery thing and sometimes leakage can be a problem depending on where you are

Or you know, we don't like them because they are over priced and under performing.

Hell, everybody repeating how much they paid for them are proving our point.

lol @ taking an instagram pic of you wearing your headphones.

They have great sound the only thing is they stay having problems... If you get these make sure you get a warranty with them

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Originally Posted by LeClutchJames

I think NT just dislikes beats because they are popular

I got my studios for 140 from the monster outlet store

They sound fantastic, I just hate the battery thing and sometimes leakage can be a problem depending on where you are

Or you know, we don't like them because they are over priced and under performing.

Hell, everybody repeating how much they paid for them are proving our point.

lol @ taking an instagram pic of you wearing your headphones.

You right. They ain't worth 350.
laugh.gif
but they aren't as sucky as everyone says on here

Originally Posted by Ace33Bone

They have great sound the only thing is they stay having problems... If you get these make sure you get a warranty with them
THIS

It's like the cord is made out of %**$*%% dental floss
laugh.gif

Would recommend several brands over Beats anyways, though.

Originally Posted by Prettyboy RY7

I have a pair of Studios and love them but I can understand the hate towards some Beat's owners - I was at the Manchester United game on Monday and I must of seen at least 4 people with Beats hanging around their neck, like damn your at a Soccer game, f-ck you need your headphones for?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm amused when they have the beats on display at best buy so you can listen to them and half the time the things are broken  
laugh.gif

I'm not going to be an audio snob and say that their audio quality is lacking in this way or that, because a decent part of it is up to personal preference.  I like the way FM radio sounds in my car more than CDs/MP3's do, for example.

I do have the opinion however that the build quality of beats are unbecoming of a headphone at their price point.

i need to send in a pair of beats and monster turbines to get replaced. i lost the receipt so now i have to go to where i bought them years ago and see if they can look up the transaction.

Originally Posted by Kingtre

got some Detox edition pro's - prob gonna let them go tho...i like my earbuds

photo9dx.jpg
Received mine Friday and used em @ a gig Sat nite for NYE and I must say these are some of the most comfortable headphones I've DJ'd with in a minute and sound decent as well.

Originally Posted by ralphsody

Thoo I really want the 840s, just now I don't think I can justify buying them since I have the 440s.

The SRH750DJs are great and only $100 on amazon. Wayy better than beats
roll.gif
.Celebrities got yal wrapped around their fingers to make you all truly believe the beats are good. Well I mean im pretty sure beat lovers have never owned or heard a real set of cans or headphones before, so I understand why you all are in love.

Originally Posted by Tipsy

roll.gif
.Celebrities got yal wrapped around their fingers to make you all truly believe the beats are good. Well I mean im pretty sure beat lovers have never owned or heard a real set of cans or headphones before, so I understand why you all are in love.
the elitist argument is so tired...beats are made for a certain demographic...just like jordans and sbs etc etc...there's apart of the population that laughs at those who spend $70-1000 on sneakers and have boxes stacked up in their rooms...

does everyone have to be an audiophile? does everyone need the best and latest technology to listen to downloaded mixtapes from dat piff?

beats success is from marketing just like everything else...they sound better than whatever comes with the ipod so its a step up and they are "in" right now...

so many hypocrites on NIKETALK its not even funny anymore...buy what you like and keep it moving...same dudes talking nonsense about beats are hyping something else somewhere else...
30t6p3b.gif

roll.gif
the elitist argument is so tired...beats are made for a certain demographic...just like jordans and sbs etc etc...there's apart of the population that laughs at those who spend $70-1000 on sneakers and have boxes stacked up in their rooms...

does everyone have to be an audiophile? does everyone need the best and latest technology to listen to downloaded mixtapes from dat piff?

beats success is from marketing just like everything else...they sound better than whatever comes with the ipod so its a step up and they are "in" right now...

so many hypocrites on NIKETALK its not even funny anymore...buy what you like and keep it moving...same dudes talking nonsense about beats are hyping something else somewhere else...
30t6p3b.gif
You've admitted that you're overpaying for the quality you get on them, that they're only marketing hype, AND that they're better than at least "something," so its justified.
You want to be free to use an inferior product in the face of evidence to the contrary.

Just because something is for sale doesn't mean its worth actually buying. 
roll.gif

Oh ok, just checking. 

I won't tell you how to spend your money, but at least try to see this thread as people who actually care ENOUGH about you to suggest alternatives...They're seeing your money, as their money and they want you to have the best experiences.

But hey, some of you will prefer beef jerky to filet mignon... Can't help you all. 
laugh.gif

Ah yes, the tired "but you spend so and so for Jordan's"

If you're buying headphones for fashion, there is no helping you.

Originally Posted by sillyputty

roll.gif

30t6p3b.gif
You've admitted that you're overpaying for the quality you get on them, that they're only marketing hype, AND that they're better than at least "something," so its justified.
You want to be free to user an inferior product in the face of evidence to the contrary.

Oh ok, just checking. 

I won't tell you how to spend your money, but at least try to see this thread as people who actually care ENOUGH about you to suggest alternatives...They're seeing your money, as their money and they want you to have the best experiences.

But hey, some of you will prefer beef jerky to filet mignon... Can't help you all. 
laugh.gif
The evidence and feedback from countless community members indicate that Beats consumers are paying extremely heavy costs for an extremely inferior product.
Many have even offered fantastic alternatives while also trying to help ignorant members make a more educated purchase.

laugh.gif
it's ok to do it for one topic but not the other- let me break it down a little better

1) I have spent zero ( $0 usd ) on any monster headphone - those were given to me...the most expensive headphone i bought was some sony $400 dj headphone when we were doing club nights...the dj wanted them and i got them...other than that i think i spent $10 on some skullcandy earbuds from the airport convenience store when i broke my ipod ones right before boarding a flight

2) My point is just like with everything else you have your people that go for marketing, style, trends, then you have enthusiast - in every car thread we have here someone can be in love with the latest BMW and someone will come in and say save 30k and buy such and such of a subuaru and tune it this way and youll have more horsepower and better handling...or with jordans - a quick click of dudes username revealed he spent 15 or so hours CAMPING in line for Concords
laugh.gif

jordan and sneakerhead elitist look down at these kids who buy whatever crap jb puts out and waits in lines for re-retros and retro + and eat up any spizike or dub zero that comes along...

so again some people want headphones that are perfectly tuned for their trained ears while other just want to listen to music...or have the latest thing...if they are used to something and these come along that sound better and are popular then let them live...again im not speaking for myself in either regard so to try and taunt me is silly ... i really dont care either way i just find it funny that out of all places there's this trend on NT

carry on sorry to derail...

edit:
The evidence and feedback from countless community members indicate that Beats consumers are paying extremely heavy costs for an extremely inferior product.Many have even offered fantastic alternatives while also trying to help ignorant members make a more educated purchase.

words like inferior and ignorant show that you are trying to get at a different demographic than what you have in front of you...this is a beats appreciation thread...i'm pretty sure there's a general thread where you audiophiles can compare the newest technology .... the people buying beats for most part are not buying "cans" for the same reason that you or others may be- there are different levels of consumer just like in every other sector

laugh.gif
it's ok to do it for one topic but not the other- let me break it down a little better

1) I have spent zero ( $0 usd ) on any monster headphone - those were given to me...the most expensive headphone i bought was some sony $400 dj headphone when we were doing club nights...the dj wanted them and i got them...other than that i think i spent $10 on some skullcandy earbuds from the airport convenience store when i broke my ipod ones right before boarding a flight

Two things.

1. Who cares?

2. What does this even mean? 

I mean does it matter what you spend your money on or what was a gift to you? No. 

I don't think anyone is losing sleep over that except the manufacturers and sales people of rival audio equipment brands. 
2) My point is just like with everything else you have your people that go for marketing, style, trends, then you have enthusiast - in every car thread we have here someone can be in love with the latest BMW and someone will come in and say save 30k and buy such and such of a subuaru and tune it this way and youll have more horsepower and better handling...or with jordans - a quick click of dudes username revealed he spent 15 or so hours CAMPING in line for Concords 
laugh.gif

There is a literal increase in quality (somewhat subjective), and performance (objectively backed up with performance data) associated with things like luxury vehicles as they incorporate newer and more experimental technology as well as overall more powerful engines etc.
On top of that, even if you can buy a subaru and get more out of it...it doesnt matter. Its the fact that AT THAT PRICE POINT of $200, you can get FAR better for your money on ALL fronts without even tuning it or getting add-ons, etc. 

There is literally NOTHING that beats has over a similarly priced headphone of a different brand...as subjective as sound production and perception can be. 

jordan and sneakerhead elitist look down at these kids who buy whatever crap jb puts out and waits in lines for re-retros and retro + and eat up any spizike or dub zero that comes along...

You're comparing sneaker collecting to making decisions on the quality of audio equipment?
I mean besides being an inherently poor analogy, it fails to account for things like the technology differences and the sheer technical ability of aspects of sound reproduction. 

so again some people want headphones that are perfectly tuned for their trained ears while other just want to listen to music...or have the latest thing...if they are used to something and these come along that sound better and are popular then let them live...again im not speaking for myself in either regard so to try and taunt me is silly ... i really dont care either way i just find it funny that out of all places there's this trend on NT

carry on sorry to derail...

You're not speaking for yourself...so who are you representing? Zeus? 
laugh.gif

Again, I don't think anyone really cares how others spend their money, but don't act like we're being "elitists" because we genuinely do NOT like Beats by Dre.

I mean are you an elitist because you don't like to eat crickets like they do in various parts of the world? Are you stuck up because you prefer to use toilet paper over wiping with your hand? 

I respect Beats by Dre as a marketing entity and business but I do not respect their product and I don't see why I have to.

Its my money and I'm sharing my opinion on what I think suggestions should be. Anything you have to say regarding that is your attempt at complaining that we don't like your choice of equipment. 

edit:
The evidence and feedback from countless community members indicate that Beats consumers are paying extremely heavy costs for an extremely inferior product.Many have even offered fantastic alternatives while also trying to help ignorant members make a more educated purchase.

words like inferior and ignorant show that you are trying to get at a different demographic than what you have in front of you...this is a beats appreciation thread...i'm pretty sure there's a general thread where you audiophiles can compare the newest technology .... the people buying beats for most part are not buying "cans" for the same reason that you or others may be- there are different levels of consumer just like in every other sector 

Hey you're right on this point. 

I must have just got swept up in the context of the last few pages of headphone comparison and not the main topic of it being an "appreciation" thread

Like I said, and keep saying, spend your money how you want, but don't act like you're immune from criticism, even if you're happy with your choice. People will disagree with you. 

Its funny you even call us elitists in the first place when the alternative suggestions are like...10 different brands and even MORE headsets within that... just anything thats NOT Beats or Monster branded. 

I would at least figure a group of elitists would have 1...MAYBE 2 suggestions. 
laugh.gif

roll.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Couldn't have been said any better !!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom